RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

We Might be in for a Shock

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

I see 1,069 horses nominated for three meetings when racing resumes in France on Monday. I hope we are ready if the same thing happens here. Perhaps we were all too harsh on Ascot Park; it could be big.

France has a number of  vast strings  all been kept in work on the  wide expanses of various types of gallops they have there  ,some  through forests, fantastic set up   .There is  a   jumps meeting also and May a massive month in France for jump racing so their strings all in work , or a lot will be , with that and needing the classic generation out running the backlog needs clearing .Some top class horses in next week .

Be the  same in UK and Ireland when it starts again  in a few weeks .  Ballydoyle will have plenty to run .

Be some very nice lightly raced 3 year olds up for sale during the year for Aussies and HK to buy during season and in Oct HIT sale . 

2 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I see 1,069 horses nominated for three meetings when racing resumes in France on Monday. I hope we are ready if the same thing happens here. Perhaps we were all too harsh on Ascot Park; it could be big.

I think the same will happen here and that they've way underestimated the number of horses that could be ready to race next month, let alone July. Probably will need more meetings than usual.

I see on Facebook horses galloping on what looked like the outside of the course proper at Te Rapa this morning. Plenty of gallops on the grass at Foxton this morning. Maybe the idea of limiting horses to one Trial before racing is to even up the fitness levels. The horses in 1200 metre races are going to be coming in intervals like 4000 metre  Steeplechases with out Trials to get them fit.

58 minutes ago, Nerula said:

No doubt TR contacted trainers in the regions as to numbers???????

They said they talked to 56 trainers I think it was to assess that and come up with the quota of meetings. Seems to me that a quick surveymonkey of ALL trainers and maybe owners who took horses home might have been more accurate. I don't think they've advised the data they collected which led to the assessment. There will be a lot of very pissed off owners and trainers if there are 100s of noms for the first July meetings and those that paid to keep horses in work can't get starts.

I just hope that their assessment was close to correct.

Yes they talked to 56 Trainers and based their program on these results. The Survey monkey survey has had over 300 replies. Maybe the Survey Monkey should have gone out first.

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

Yes they talked to 56 Trainers and based their program on these results. The Survey monkey survey has had over 300 replies. Maybe the Survey Monkey should have gone out first.

So they based their programming assessment on 15% of the number of trainers that have responded to the current survey?

1 hour ago, Nerula said:

Ive got one in the CD bot back before the lockdown. 3yo awaiting first start. Will be pissed off if she doesnt get going until she is a 4yo,

Hope its a wet tracker then.

On 5/7/2020 at 6:32 PM, Tony said:

So what program has been set. None I would say other than theres a race meeting on and the jumpers have their program in place as for others you just suck eggs and wait and we may accommodate your horse. Until they put out what's going to be available your training your horse on the hope there something that suits unless you like sending them around to get them fit

It's Mickey Mouse alright. Ringing 56 Trainers, a lot of who don't have winter gallopers was a waste of man hours. Very inefficient. Some would give it another word starting with "in" but I won't. At least now they have numbers of horses and the distances they want to run they should be able to put something out. It won't be hard. They have said shorter races. It has even been mentioned 800 metre races. Well Wanganui have an 800 metre start but 800 at Awapuni and other tracks would be starting on the turn and that would be hard to run 14 horse fields. I'm not sure where to find the starting limits for fields but NZTR will say the races this week will be run over 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400 and 1600. There's your program. All done. Maybe I could get  a job at Petone. They will be good betting races. Just back the fit ones. The form won't mean a thing.

55 minutes ago, Tony said:

It's Mickey Mouse alright. Ringing 56 Trainers, a lot of who don't have winter gallopers was a waste of man hours. Very inefficient. Some would give it another word starting with "in" but I won't. At least now they have numbers of horses and the distances they want to run they should be able to put something out. It won't be hard. They have said shorter races. It has even been mentioned 800 metre races. Well Wanganui have an 800 metre start but 800 at Awapuni and other tracks would be starting on the turn and that would be hard to run 14 horse fields. I'm not sure where to find the starting limits for fields but NZTR will say the races this week will be run over 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400 and 1600. There's your program. All done. Maybe I could get  a job at Petone. They will be good betting races. Just back the fit ones. The form won't mean a thing.

They didn't ask about distances in monkey survey so who knows what will be offered.  They have only said what type of races will be offered that included 2yo in open.That's why they got a monkey to do survey

1 minute ago, Crow said:

They didn't ask about distances in monkey survey so who knows what will be offered.  They have only said what type of races will be offered that included 2yo in open.That's why they got a monkey to do survey

You have to be kidding?

30 minutes ago, Peter R S said:

Has there been some change to the original plan to base the races around distance not class of horse?

What distances are they going be as nothing been advertised.

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

You have to be kidding?

No they have even put out a weight scale for some different make ups of races with ratings to try and make out it's going to be an even playing field for you to line up your horse. It a pig and a poke and let's hope after working your horse paying the bills it will get racing going again in the middle of winter.

18 minutes ago, Crow said:

What distances are they going be as nothing been advertised.

You are right the Monkey Survey only asked for ratings.There isn't going to be much variation in distance. In a few weeks Bernard will put out a Press release that will go.

"After many weeks of discussion with Clubs and Committees we have come up with a program for July that will suit all Tracks and all horses. We have decided to run Open Entry races over 1100, 1200,1300, 1400 and 1600 metres.

All races will be worth for $15,000

We look forward to Trainers nominating their horses."

There we go NZTR. I've saved you the cost of printing  a Trainers Monthly Book for July 

18 minutes ago, Tony said:

You are right the Monkey Survey only asked for ratings.There isn't going to be much variation in distance. In a few weeks Bernard will put out a Press release that will go.

"After many weeks of discussion with Clubs and Committees we have come up with a program for July that will suit all Tracks and all horses. We have decided to run Open Entry races over 1100, 1200,1300, 1400 and 1600 metres.

There we go NZTR. I've saved you the cost of printing  a Trainers Monthly Book for July 

Very , very cynical there Tony .

36 minutes ago, Tony said:

No 2000m races you reckon Tony?

35 minutes ago, Tony said:

So you could end up with maidens against open class horses and throw in a 2yo as well or are maidens separate to open. Who knows but they still don't give a guide on want is allocated eg open 800 or open 1400 or maiden 800 or maiden 1200. So like or not we are all following like lost sheep until theres clarity on the matter.

18 minutes ago, Crow said:

So you could end up with maidens against open class horses and throw in a 2yo as well or are maidens separate to open. Who knows but they still don't give a guide on want is allocated eg open 800 or open 1400 or maiden 800 or maiden 1200. So like or not we are all following like lost sheep until theres clarity on the matter.

I don't think you get the picture Tony is painting

The races can be made up from Open nominations

I would imagine maidens would be sacrosanct and just maidens, and the others like with like

Mikie