RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

Forbury Park.

I'm sure we don't need to constantly lock horns Mike. I fully understand your comments, but I see little chance of changing the proposed dates schedule. The pandenic is enabling people with an agenda to at last proceed with their sweeping changes. Many of these are overdiew in my opinion

2 hours ago, Stables said:

I'm sure we don't need to constantly lock horns Mike. I fully understand your comments, but I see little chance of changing the proposed dates schedule. The pandenic is enabling people with an agenda to at last proceed with their sweeping changes. Many of these are overdiew in my opinion

You mean overdue

I don't see us locking horns all the time Stables, l I can only see 1 thread where I took real umbrage, and another where i asked where you got your facts from. 

Some changes are overdue, but some changes don't make sense. It's those that I get annoyed about

The decision to lease HRNZ Offices at $170k a year may well have been a bad idea, it probably was, but my point is we can only speculate unless we obtain the figures behind such decision. 

As far as dates go, I still see 2 race meetings on a Friday night in the new season which I see as counter-productive

In my local area I see a Racecourse with no dates that could become extinct, and no one on the Dates Committee that I have spoken to yet has any answer as to where horses stranded due to rough weather would go. 

No on-course Terminals? Good luck at Banks Peninsula with that (no phone coverage)

Good luck at Kumara and Kaikoura (large crowds of people with no real idea how to place a bet)

Mikie

34 minutes ago, Mikie said:

You mean overdue

I don't see us locking horns all the time Stables, l I can only see 1 thread where I took real umbrage, and another where i asked where you got your facts from. 

Some changes are overdue, but some changes don't make sense. It's those that I get annoyed about

The decision to lease HRNZ Offices at $170k a year may well have been a bad idea, it probably was, but my point is we can only speculate unless we obtain the figures behind such decision. 

As far as dates go, I still see 2 race meetings on a Friday night in the new season which I see as counter-productive

In my local area I see a Racecourse with no dates that could become extinct, and no one on the Dates Committee that I have spoken to yet has any answer as to where horses stranded due to rough weather would go. 

No on-course Terminals? Good luck at Banks Peninsula with that (no phone coverage)

Good luck at Kumara and Kaikoura (large crowds of people with no real idea how to place a bet)

Mikie

You win the "Positive Poster  " prize for this week Mikie. Where do i send the goodies

Greg

Just now, JJ Flash said:

You win the "Positive Poster  " prize for this week Mikie. Where do i send the goodies

Greg

Thank you, it is a long time since I won anything

Please send to 2 Nottinghill Drive, Blenheim 7201

I assume it will be contactless delivery

Mikie

On 5/15/2020 at 2:00 PM, eljay said:

John

From the TB Cafe - posted by bestbetbazza

Posted 12 minutes ago

An update on yesterdays post. TAB advised Clubs now allowed to take bets. Terminals being turned back on by TAB over next few days.

As an aside Clubs have been advised that under present Level 2 Pokies must be turned off. 

The rules changing everyday. To be fair, clubs were advised that this would happen.

I got a email saying the T A B was open . Are the clubs /pubs not an agent ? Went in to deposit my   money into a machine yesterday and it was spit back out at me. Hope the TAB give my $ 2.15 back for to having to use CC . I think not eh Rita .

Another anomaly I've noticed is without forbury tuepeka have been moved to oamaru,that's a long way away,its actually  not far from roxbrough and gore but hang on they are gone too,one more question is kurow harness still operating?

On 5/16/2020 at 12:11 PM, Mikie said:

Thank you, it is a long time since I won anything

Please send to 2 Nottinghill Drive, Blenheim 7201

I assume it will be contactless delivery

Mikie

Just to advise posters that JJ Flash does not appear to be a man of his word

No prize has arrived

This sort of behaviour completely denigrates the competitions on this site

Sort it out Greg

Mikie

4 hours ago, mikenz said:

Another anomaly I've noticed is without forbury tuepeka have been moved to oamaru,that's a long way away,its actually  not far from roxbrough and gore but hang on they are gone too,one more question is kurow harness still operating?

Don't worry, Tuapeka will eventually end up at Addington too...like everything else.

14 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

Don't worry, Tuapeka will eventually end up at Addington too...like everything else.

Forbury might end up at addington or even alexandra park,then when auckland go bally up will need to come back to forbury,interesting times indeed

25 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Forbury might end up at addington or even alexandra park,then when auckland go bally up will need to come back to forbury,interesting times indeed

I used to run a business in Alexandra. I still remember the problems I had getting Auckland suppliers to understand where it was. I wonder if the Muppets who relocated Tuapeka have any idea on where it is.

1 hour ago, Ludwig said:

I used to run a business in Alexandra. I still remember the problems I had getting Auckland suppliers to understand where it was. I wonder if the Muppets who relocated Tuapeka have any idea on where it is.

Do you know where the Alexandra Racing Club is ????

It starts with P !

As you hadn't heard of Carlos Spencer .......

2 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

Do you know where the Alexandra Racing Club is ????

It starts with P !

As you hadn't heard of Carlos Spencer .......

I think you've got a fetish for this Spencer fella. And did you know there is an old racecourse halfway between Alex and Clyde, on the cycle trail?

1 hour ago, Ludwig said:

I think you've got a fetish for this Spencer fella. And did you know there is an old racecourse halfway between Alex and Clyde, on the cycle trail?

Where they hold the "gymkhana" meeting around Xmas /New Year ?

I probably lived in Otago longer than you !

Aucklanders actually don't get paranoid about Mainlanders....they just send money after Earthquakes !!

So you have no idea where Alexandra Racing Club is ?

7 hours ago, Ludwig said:

As Tuapeka part of Southland Harness they will end up utilising a Southland course.

Forbury has been bailed out by HRNZ in the past comes as no surprise that well finally run dry. Should have happened to Forbury years ago but kept getting bailed out.

3 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Where they hold the "gymkhana" meeting around Xmas /New Year ?

I probably lived in Otago longer than you !

Aucklanders actually don't get paranoid about Mainlanders....they just send money after Earthquakes !!

So you have no idea where Alexandra Racing Club is ?

I care zip for Spencer and even zipper for this club. Now find your toys and go play.

7 minutes ago, Value Bell said:

Fred Oliver put Oamaru on the map. Knight's have put Roxburgh on the map, Jim Morgan put Oamakau on the map.

Aaaaargh  the memories.....Admire ,Boyfriend , Kawerau Gold , Tetarney.

Williamsons fine reps of Oamaru while RBeale and IS Sutherland kept the region competitive .

The other two a bit small to be on some maps !

Frank Oliver lived at Hilderthorpe,Kawarau Gold raced in the mid 70s,those were the days the best horses raced at forbury,maybe the fact they don't or didn't lately may explain where they are at feely simple really.