RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

Forbury Park.

What's the outlook for forbury,a key track for southern horse,a place for some of the lesser lights from Canterbury....once upon a time cup class horses and dominion class trotters raced ,recently though some very poor fields and in some ways some very poor dates what's the way forward if there is one.

Would leave only 2 greyhound tracks in the South Island.  The races there and the rugby were the only excitement I had as a Uni student back in the day.  Remember Speedy Cheval zipping up the rails to win the Open Class race and Defoe winning as well  ; and Popsicle narrowing a 6 L lead by Honkin Vision on the turn down to a nose. Also Blue Innocence winning the 4yo Champs and going on to place in the Messenger.  

On the rugby side Shaq the cat was Otago's mascot ( he had the moves) The Exponents and other bands playing before the game. The Lions tour . Party at Tony Brown's place. 

Stables, you must keep taking your happy pills. The only club that the big Aus banks will close down is the AucklandTrotting Club. they already grabbing whatever has a commercial value.In my humble opinion

Edited by john legend
my opinion only

The racing dates have needed to be seriously looked at for far to long especially in the north . Far to many times you’ll have Cambridge Thursday then manawatu the following Tuesday Thursday  then Cambridge the week after . Stops a lot of horses traveling to both clubs 

Forbury park was once a top club that use to attract the top horses,always that central point between canterbury and southland,those October meetings were a major lead up for the nz cup,a combination of too much racing and then being left with a lot of poor meetings sees the situation they are in,gee a long history but is it history,that's the question

On 5/5/2020 at 6:34 PM, hsvman said:

The racing dates have needed to be seriously looked at for far to long especially in the north . Far to many times you’ll have Cambridge Thursday then manawatu the following Tuesday Thursday  then Cambridge the week after . Stops a lot of horses traveling to both clubs 

Won't be a worry next season hsvman

RITA fixed it by having no harness racing below Cambridge

Mikie

That problem is gone but you will probably  still see them program  a lot of back to back meetings silly decisions where horses can’t go both meeting for the sake of one day spacing 

8 hours ago, Mikie said:

Won't be a worry next season hsvman

RITA fixed it by having no harness racing below Cambridge

Mikie

So will that be the demise of grass track racing for harness?

I understand there will be no more racing at Forbury Park. The Club Committee are appealing the decision to HRNZ and there is a month for the appeal to be considered. Most Southern Clubs have been directed to race at Invercargill and the Manawatu and Blenheim have been told they will not be getting meetings. They too have been given a month to appeal the decisions but I think they will have little success as HRNZ have proposed these changes and they have been supported by RITA

I am always weary of people Stables, who wax lyrical on every subject going.You make good comments at times which I support but others like HRNZ wanting to wipe out 6 courses anda whole part of their income is simply not correct.

2 hours ago, Stables said:

I understand there will be no more racing at Forbury Park. The Club Committee are appealing the decision to HRNZ and there is a month for the appeal to be considered. Most Southern Clubs have been directed to race at Invercargill and the Manawatu and Blenheim have been told they will not be getting meetings. They too have been given a month to appeal the decisions but I think they will have little success as HRNZ have proposed these changes and they have been supported by RITA

I do not think that your last line is correct

I do agree that most Clubs will have limited success with any appeal but I understand that the statement that "HRNZ have proposed these changes ..." is not the situation

I think it is closer to say that RITA has come up with this Dates schedule with scant regard for anyone else's views

Mikie

17 minutes ago, john legend said:

I am always weary of people Stables, who wax lyrical on every subject going.You make good comments at times which I support but others like HRNZ wanting to wipe out 6 courses anda whole part of their income is simply not correct.

Perhaps your post aptly sums up my thoughts John

Rather than calling Stables an idiot on another thread I should have said that "this comment is idiotic"

Mikie

1 hour ago, Stables said:

I think you will find that HRNZ submitted a list of proposed dates and the list was approved by RITA with some changes

I am told that wasn't the case but I guess we will never know for sure as no one will admit that it was 'them' that wielded the knife so to speak

If I am correct that Marlborough got no dates and Nelson did then that would point to a RITA decision

Winston wanted races "in each region" so RITA gave them to Nelson because they rent their Racecourse from the A&P Association so RITA couldn't look at selling it

Waterlea on the other hand.....

RITA would also know that Nelson couldn't survive long term paying a large rental

Mikie

I am to refer to RITA FROM now on as RIDA being the racing Industry destruction agency...Their latest idea is to have no tab sellers on course only afew electronic machines Therefore saving money and dumping poss most old timers who liked putting actual paper money and picking up (if lucky)cash profits . just another reverse ,and destructive idea. I wonder if the RIDA chiefs have all taken a 50 per cent cut Yere right. (their track record would mean leaving them with 50% would seem overly generous)

John

From the TB Cafe - posted by bestbetbazza

Posted 12 minutes ago

An update on yesterdays post. TAB advised Clubs now allowed to take bets. Terminals being turned back on by TAB over next few days.

As an aside Clubs have been advised that under present Level 2 Pokies must be turned off. 

The rules changing everyday. To be fair, clubs were advised that this would happen.

Eljay just been to collect tickets from march. couldn't get a seat in pokies room. all open with shields between each.. yes no sellers on course. they may get a bigger slice of cake but the cake is going to end up a little cup cake.

5 hours ago, Stables said:

I think you will find that HRNZ submitted a list of proposed dates and the list was approved by RITA with some changes

From what I am now told, HRNZ did have more say in which Club's weren't given dates, as opposed to their manta, "it wasn't us, it was them"

I bow to your superior knowledge of the HRNZ Board's conniving Stables

Mikie