RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Sickopunter

1st July start

1 hour ago, TurnyTom said:

Because there is no money in the till to pay for racing after the wage bill is paid

No pokies income has racing fcuked

Does that explain the specific start date?

Can we set a market on how many meetings in July will be abandoned due to the state of the track?

1 hour ago, Sickopunter said:

Excuse my ignorance (and if this has been answered prior) but with trots AND dogs starting so long before, why do we have to start on the 1st July? Why not sooner, if numbers permit?

Probably has a lot to do with how long it takes to get a thoroughbred racing fit with the closure of training tracks up to a week ago,  vs dogs etc. Many of the standardbreds have been in work on private property so will be ready to go sooner. Just my thoughts

2 hours ago, kdt said:

Probably has a lot to do with how long it takes to get a thoroughbred racing fit with the closure of training tracks up to a week ago,  vs dogs etc. Many of the standardbreds have been in work on private property so will be ready to go sooner. Just my thoughts 

I can understand that, to some degree, but why not program a meeting or two before and if they get the numbers fine...? Also I think you would find there are very few private tracks for standardbreds in the North Island.

3 hours ago, Sickopunter said:

Excuse my ignorance (and if this has been answered prior) but with trots AND dogs starting so long before, why do we have to start on the 1st July? Why not sooner, if numbers permit?

Beats me. I've about  given up trying to get answers to anything. Hard to believe there couldn't be enough horses ready in each region to run a few meetings in June.

That said if this sort of shit keeps up we'll be back to level 4 and all bets will be off anyway.

Newshub today reported that police have broken up “hundreds” of parties during the level three lockdown. Police told the outlet they had received 1200 reports of mass gatherings since alert level three began. More than 680 of those came between Friday night and Saturday afternoon, it reported.