RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Tony

Jump Outs Banned

It is great to see all the positive talk from Trainers like Tony Pike and Robbie Patterson about the minimum stake of 15K for Maidens. While all this is good there are still some mysterious decisions being made by NZTR. The one Trial / Jumpout per horse before the commencement of racing seems absurd and so does the banning of Jumpouts before June 1st.

Several CD trainers approached the Levin Track trust about having Jumpouts in Mid May. A quick email revealed 70 horses would be available so plans were put in place for Jumpouts on May 13th at Levin. Trainers, Owners and Jockeys all keen to have it happen. But no. NZTR step in and say there will be no Jumpouts before June 1st.

I recently spoke to Foxton Racing Club President Steven Kupa and he informed me Foxton had applied for Jumpouts on May 29th but NZTR have said "no Jumpouts until June." The reason NZTR gave Kupa was " we don't want horses trailing or Jumping Out instead of lining up at the races in July"  Now try to work out that logic. 

It could be worth some of our academic administrators going to Google and checking on equine bone remodeling and the effect of sudden racing on equine bone. Let's hope we do't get the Santa Anita effect come July due to poor decisions by our uninformed administrators. 

12 minutes ago, Tony said:

It is great to see all the positive talk from Trainers like Tony Pike and Robbie Patterson about the minimum stake of 15K for Maidens. While all this is good there are still some mysterious decisions being made by NZTR. The one Trial / Jumpout per horse before the commencement of racing seems absurd and so does the banning of Jumpouts before June 1st.

Several CD trainers approached the Levin Track trust about having Jumpouts in Mid May. A quick email revealed 70 horses would be available so plans were put in place for Jumpouts on May 13th at Levin. Trainers, Owners and Jockeys all keen to have it happen. But no. NZTR step in and say there will be no Jumpouts before June 1st.

I recently spoke to Foxton Racing Club President Steven Kupa and he informed me Foxton had applied for Jumpouts on May 29th but NZTR have said "no Jumpouts until June." The reason NZTR gave Kupa was " we don't want horses trailing or Jumping Out instead of lining up at the races in July"  Now try to work out that logic. 

It could be worth some of our academic administrators going to Google and checking on equine bone remodeling and the effect of sudden racing on equine bone. Let's hope we do't get the Santa Anita effect come July due to poor decisions by our uninformed administrators. 

Insane. Might as well put them back in the paddock.

16 minutes ago, Tony said:

The very reason the industry doesn't go anywhere , the persons making the decisions have no idea about the product being provided .

I congratulate them on the 15k races and free racing noms , but they have been told this for years , whats the point of them, it seems like the industry could run itself.

The majority of the horses wanting to have a jump out at Levin and Foxton in May would have had no intention of running in July. It would have been purely educational for young ones.

Bernard and co you need to rethink this one.

O,K. if you intend running your horse in July then only one jump out or trial, but for the rest?

It seems like they are trying to justify their decision not to race until July. Obviously they can't afford any more stakes.

It is going to be fascinating to see what happens with these July meetings. If they get 40 noms for the meeting do they still carry on? If they get 250 noms for the 8 races what do they do then?

The place is badly enough run in normal times. Just imagine having these people trying to run things during this mess.

10 minutes ago, Insider said:

The majority of the horses wanting to have a jump out at Levin and Foxton in May would have had no intention of running in July. It would have been purely educational for young ones.

O,K. if you intend running your horse in July then only one jump out or trial, but for the rest?

Thats what I mean, no idea how the industry in particular trainers operate...clueless.

47 minutes ago, Insider said:

Exactly right Insider - We have a 2yo filly in that boat - Just want a jumpout for her, then back in the paddock for a month over the worst of winter :rcf-thinking-1:

The complete lack of comprehension on the part of these people into the product they are paid to manage is beyond bullshit . Their lack of understanding is the  single biggest hurdle in racing getting some sort of fix and progressing . No amount of financial windfall will overcome this ignorance . Give them a sqillion they'll shit it down the drain .

You got to remember how much stress BS etc are under. There are no conferences or trips to racing hotspots around the world for them to go to in the near future.

No Business class flights and 5 star hotels/resorts.

It must be devastating for them all.

So please have some sympathy for them.

35 minutes ago, Robert Best said:

You got to remember how much stress BS etc are under. There are no conferences or trips to racing hotspots around the world for them to go to in the near future.

No Business class flights and 5 star hotels/resorts.

It must be devastating for them all.

So please have some sympathy for them.

Yes, these are difficult times for these people, which a lot of grassroots people just don't appreciate. Although on the positive side, they don't have to waste their Saturdays going to boring race-meetings.

43 minutes ago, nomates said:

The complete lack of comprehension on the part of these people into the product they are paid to manage is beyond bullshit . Their lack of understanding is the  single biggest hurdle in racing getting some sort of fix and progressing . No amount of financial windfall will overcome this ignorance . Give them a sqillion they'll shit it down the drain .

I think the reason many in the industry don't want to see Avondale sold, and aren't too keen on a govt handout, is because they know any windfall will just be pissed up against the wall by this lot and in less than a year or two we will be in an even worst position with nothing left to sell.

51 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I think the reason many in the industry don't want to see Avondale sold, and aren't too keen on a govt handout, is because they know any windfall will just be pissed up against the wall by this lot and in less than a year or two we will be in an even worst position with nothing left to sell.

I think most participants know and understand that there needs to be radical changes for racing to survive , the problem is the people who have been charged with running our industry continue to sail the same as previous CEO's . Can't remember the last CEO of NZTR or NZRB that was progressive and brought with them a new management style and new and progressive ideas that moved racing forward , they have simply come in to the roll and put their feet under the table and said , same old same old . While we know racing as we know it need a major shake up so does the management . I defy anybody to give me one idea or innovation that BS has brought to racing that has moved us forward or streamlined the way it is managed . This needs to change for racing to go forward . 

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

Till the leak is fixed the less money put in the less that can be wasted.

Come on you guys....systems have to be put into place to manage the responsibility of Corona. This takes time to organise and document. Then you've got the government having to agree. So 8 weeks from now. It took them 8 weeks to shut the borders.

5 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

That dickhead John A is a great example clubs don’t surrender their assets .

As Greta the environmentalist says   HOW DARE THEY

Someone sitting on his/her shiny arse telling trainers how to train their horses. How Dare They.

Christ every horses needs are different, feed, work, handling .. What do these shiny arses know about training horses, crikey next they will be telling you to wash your hands before eating.

They are the same knowledgeable people closing down our perfectly good local tracks and getting us to try and race at the likes of Invercargill. We have told them on numerous occassions that Invercargill is a swamp and here they go scheduling a meeting there in July, one of the wettest months of the year. The chances of that going ahead are low to nil

Come on all you trainers , band together and run your own jumpouts, bugger the bureau.  What can "they" do about it...Get Riu to investigate you all and charge you with some nonsensical charge??

This latest carry on is outrageous and NZTA need to put their foot down and tell them so.

HOW DARE THEY

1 hour ago, Dingle said:

As Greta the environmentalist says   HOW DARE THEY

Someone sitting on his/her shiny arse telling trainers how to train their horses. How Dare They.

Christ every horses needs are different, feed, work, handling .. What do these shiny arses know about training horses, crikey next they will be telling you to wash your hands before eating.

They are the same knowledgeable people closing down our perfectly good local tracks and getting us to try and race at the likes of Invercargill. We have told them on numerous occassions that Invercargill is a swamp and here they go scheduling a meeting there in July, one of the wettest months of the year. The chances of that going ahead are low to nil

Come on all you trainers , band together and run your own jumpouts, bugger the bureau.  What can "they" do about it...Get Riu to investigate you all and charge you with some nonsensical charge??

This latest carry on is outrageous and NZTA need to put their foot down and tell them so.

HOW DARE THEY

Well said. Invercargill in July!! You wonder what planet these people are from. Everytime they get an easy decision wrong it makes you realise they couldn't be trusted with anything even slightly complex.

2 hours ago, Dingle said:

I wonder how many local participants they consulted before they confirmed this decision ? .

33 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Same amount as usual I presume.

I wonder if any one from down that way or someone who has a connection down there could shed some light as to whether there was consultation or was it simply based around Ascot Park being NZTR's preferred racing venue for Southland . I mean if any region in NZ goes into a winter hiatus it is Otago/Southland . I'd say the 1200's could be running about 1min 40sec's .

8 hours ago, nomates said:

I wonder if any one from down that way or someone who has a connection down there could shed some light as to whether there was consultation or was it simply based around Ascot Park being NZTR's preferred racing venue for Southland . I mean if any region in NZ goes into a winter hiatus it is Otago/Southland . I'd say the 1200's could be running about 1min 40sec's .

Clearly - no.   There was a very good historical reason why racing finished in Southland after Riverton at Easter.    And - if there are still travel restrictions in place in July,  there will be a couple of trainers and some track riders to steer the competitors round.