RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Harness minimum stakes of $8500 and $7000

14 minutes ago, Mikie said:

And all T/B races in July will be $15,000

Are we the poor relations?

Mikie

Basically reflects the betting.

Gallops does more than twice that of Harness.

In recent years Harness code funding from the TAB ,on pure betting numbers , has been more than may have been earned thru betting only.

Harness fans need to bet more !

Clashing Addington and Alex Park on a Friday night against each other may not be the best for turnover !This probably being looked at going on the dates scheduled for when Harness resumes but unsure if Thursdays will be a game changer.

What is best date after Friday night ? Saturday night , Sunday day or Thursday night  or any others ?

Overseas Harness not popular on TV.....is this the time ,the tracks or Horses racing ?

With regard to Auckland stakes they were so high prior to Covid19 reason being that they were trying to be the big boy and would not have been substantiated in the long term.

Just look at their field sizes not like their southern and deep southern counterparts. 

31 minutes ago, MAJESTIC said:

With regard to Auckland stakes they were so high prior to Covid19 reason being that they were trying to be the big boy and would not have been substantiated in the long term.

Just look at their field sizes not like their southern and deep southern counterparts. 

Oh dear Majestic.......please read up on the 'Saga of the Apartments".

That 'punt' was to try and future proof the sport in North.

For a number of reasons it 'turned to custard'......IF better planned and managed it MAY have future proofed the sport up North where costs of taking part much higher.

Not a case of being the big boy !

Field sizes in south are great ,but they of little use when the TAB goes broke ,  and Southerners need to bet more to justify stakes.

Southern owners ,and I one of them , certainly lose more thru our sheer numbers.

We either wealthy , resilient or just plain stupid ?

You?

Surely this is also an opportunity to fine tune race numbers and intervals. Five to six hours of an evening wont get people on course, theres too much else happening. International rugby takes 80 minutes, two and a half hours with coming and going and people flock to them. No reason why races cant be run at tighter intervals or is this at the behest of tv and Aussie racing. People want action. Time lags make for boredom. Boredom leads to non attendance and loss of interest which the industry can I'll afford. 

Been saying this for ages, Blue & only answer I can get is "TAB tell us when to race".    No one in authority has had the kahunas to query the TAB.    Day racing is 40 minutes between races.       TAB say they have to fit in all racing, NZ, Australia and everywhwere else.     What garbage.    If a race closes as 7 pm then they close the tote at 7 pm - why wait for a race in back of beyond.    They have 2 channels and anyone wanting to watch an offshore race surely wouldnt mind waiting for TV replay 5 minutes after the event when they can fit it in.   But you are right Blue - NOW is the time to experiment with such matters.     But you can guarantee it will be the same old same old when programmes released.     Those free brekkies must be very tasty!

On 4/30/2020 at 11:19 PM, tasman man 11 said:

Oh dear Majestic.......please read up on the 'Saga of the Apartments".

That 'punt' was to try and future proof the sport in North.

For a number of reasons it 'turned to custard'......IF better planned and managed it MAY have future proofed the sport up North where costs of taking part much higher.

Not a case of being the big boy !

Field sizes in south are great ,but they of little use when the TAB goes broke ,  and Southerners need to bet more to justify stakes.

Southern owners ,and I one of them , certainly lose more thru our sheer numbers.

We either wealthy , resilient or just plain stupid ?

You?

To be fair Tasman Man there is a saying that "the tail (likes) to wag the dog"

From my experience it has never been the case that the South Island wants to do the wagging

It has always been the South Island representatives spending a lot of time trying to stop the ATC representatives from doing the wagging

They did seem to think that their Stake levels made them the most important

That shouldn't be a problem now should it?

Mikie

3 hours ago, eljay said:

Come 1 August will Auckland get any Fridays or will Addington's dreams come true:rcf-laughing-2:

What a half-arsed comment Eljay

I'm sure Addington don't have dreams of solus Fridays

However perhaps us in the Industry should have such dreams, as it is T/O that dictates our share of any TAB profit

Now is the time for ATC to say, hey let's go back to Saturday nights

It will not take off instantly, the trial they had a couple of seasons ago proved that, but their T/O's on a Saturday can't be lower than what they have been doing on a Friday

I have been told what it was on a Friday but I'm loath to quote the figure, because it was so low that I had trouble believing it

You're closer to the action Eljay, tell us what the Friday night Off-course T/O is?

Mikie

I honestly don't know what their (or Addington's) turnover is on a Friday or any other night for that matter.     I certainly am in favour of Saturday.     When I look at this 2-3 month date schedule it doesn't look like much thought or "sense of adventure" played a part.  Same week after week.    My guess would be however the worst night of the week would be Monday followed by Wednesday so why put the north on a Wednesday to make way for the freezing south is beyond comprehension.    But then that's only my half-arsed thoughts Mikie!