RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Rules For Some

Covid 19 restrictions

I read on the other forum they were doing trials out of the boxes at Christchurch today. Are these retards for real? Hand slips are all that has been allowed thus far and if they cant even follow simple rules like this, the industry will be lucky if it isnt shut down within a week

14 hours ago, Rules For Some said:

I read on the other forum they were doing trials out of the boxes at Christchurch today. Are these retards for real? Hand slips are all that has been allowed thus far and if they cant even follow simple rules like this, the industry will be lucky if it isnt shut down within a week

Well rather than making statements on things you "heard around the traps", why don't you just ring the damn clubs or GRNZ to actually find out? 

I have heard that many stories about what Is happening, what is about to happen and what should happen that my head is spinning. FFS wouldn't you think there would be a clear directive put out to all participants during these uncertain times. I heard the other day that they were set to start racing again within a week but to keep it quiet. KEEP IT QUIET!!!!   if in fact it is correct it should be shouted from the rooftops.

Kizanan, no, people should not have ring the clubs or grnz they should be kept up to date to the minute, they are the people that need to be first to know as they are the ones that are going to supply the product, and for  your information my wife who is the secretary of a club and has been fielding questions as above, rang the association and the the only person she could contact told her he had just become unemployed and suggested she contact Glenda Hughes FFS, so a lot of good a phonecall there, is going to do

Really this fiasco just reinforces the hopelessness members feel about the whole organisation

23 minutes ago, GOM said:

I have heard that many stories about what Is happening, what is about to happen and what should happen that my head is spinning. FFS wouldn't you think there would be a clear directive put out to all participants during these uncertain times. I heard the other day that they were set to start racing again within a week but to keep it quiet. KEEP IT QUIET!!!!   if in fact it is correct it should be shouted from the rooftops.

Kizanan, no, people should not have ring the clubs or grnz they should be kept up to date to the minute, they are the people that need to be first to know as they are the ones that are going to supply the product, and for  your information my wife who is the secretary of a club and has been fielding questions as above, rang the association and the the only person she could contact told her he had just become unemployed and suggested she contact Glenda Hughes FFS, so a lot of good a phonecall there, is going to do

Really this fiasco just reinforces the hopelessness members feel about the whole organisation

It is true that they were doing boxed trials as I have since spoken to a witness. As such, this is shambolic from the club as the outline provided from RITA around being allowed to start trialling so soon is provided here: https://www.rita.org.nz/new-zealand-racing-prepares-resume

While good progress has been made, officials are still finalising Greyhound Racing NZ's (GRNZ) approval for participants to prepare for handslip trials from Tuesday, and confirmation of these protocols is expected to be confirmed early next week. 

No new directive has come from anyone in authority that boxed trials were allowed so this is a serious breach of the rules from where I am sitting and a potential setback to the commencement of greyhound racing in general. If these people cannot follow simple rules like this, how will they follow the stricter raceday rules?

When are TAB's opening?      I know agencies (pubs, clubs) can't but surely TAB's should be no problem - no different to a cafe with one operator behind counter or even just use the machines.

On 5/1/2020 at 11:48 AM, I know said:

Rules for some . You are wrong I suggest you ring the racing manager to clear this up for you before you continue your rant . 

If I am wrong, where is the directive that goes against rita original statement? Please explain? I also note that both wendy kite and Alan trash broke their bubble at trials the other day to help Brendon Cole. This is against grnz rules and level 3 rules. What's worse is right staff let it happen. Racing will not last very long