RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Horse exodus begins with cloud over stakes

Nothing about ratings! That should have been included in the announcement.  Hopefully those racing for $7k get lower points than the $8.5K races, otherwise fields at Cambridge etc will be jeopardised given the pool of horses available.

7 minutes ago, Stables said:

Take what's being offered and stop moaning. It's much better than what the doom sayers were forecasting

I agree.......good that the stakes have been sorted out for the resumption.

In view of the fact that administrators will be desperate to provide races,distances,etc that will show participants that they really want to get the show back on the road.

Some have already mentioned things as ratings ......they will be mindful that they are seen to be fair and accommodating to as many horses/owners as possible.

Lets get behind this.......train our horses up ,we know there will be suitable races.......get the betting flowing.

Lets not bemoan the past......create success in the future.

Don't blame others for our failures........

Adopt the Motto.......If its to be ,its up to me !!

1 hour ago, Stables said:

It's up to you mate, either race your horse or don't race your horse

Exactly. I'd say most on here have shares in a horse or horses that are working right this minute so you're obviously prepared to race in four weeks or so regardless otherwise they'd be on Gavelhouse. NZ has sold a heap of ordinary horses to Aussie who are racing for 4 to 7k. Been that way for years. Let's just get on with this.

I’ve got shares in 2 horses who are jogging up.  Can’t wait to get them to the races.  I just hope by the time they are ready to race   Owners will be allowed on course.   If not, having  them race is still better than not having them race.  

I'm actually pleased with the stakes. With my horses trained on a public track so starting from scratch it will be months before any will be at the races so my views on the interim stakes are purely academic. However, given there will be only 100 or so horses in the North Island,  it will be interesting to see if Cambridge has a hard time filling fields with the lesser stakes when next week the same horses can race for higher stakes with the same 8 point rating penalty. It wasn't a problem in the past as there were "Auckland" horses and the rest, but now just one small pool.

Some here are the 3 monkeys … see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. I put myself in a this group...with the following ;    JACINDA          

OPEN THE tabs...……………….evenif it is 1 in 1 out  !!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rcf-demon:

16 hours ago, Nelli said:

I'm actually pleased with the stakes. With my horses trained on a public track so starting from scratch it will be months before any will be at the races so my views on the interim stakes are purely academic. However, given there will be only 100 or so horses in the North Island,  it will be interesting to see if Cambridge has a hard time filling fields with the lesser stakes when next week the same horses can race for higher stakes with the same 8 point rating penalty. It wasn't a problem in the past as there were "Auckland" horses and the rest, but now just one small pool.

It might be the other way around

Perhaps Cambridge numbers might be higher than Aucklands?

Let's wait and see

May well depend on how many of the bigger stables will travel down.       Probably the first day will be OK - not having to travel in the dark & shitty weather but the winter Thursday & then Wednesday nights may prove a problem.      This would be good time to run the races with maximum 20 minutes between.     May give an indication if this what the public would like over these months.    Imagine 7 races starting 6 pm over around 8 pm!