RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nelli

Small owners and Covid

While great to see training getting underway again, little seems to be said about the impact this crisis has had on us small owners. For instance we had four horses in work (1 racing,  1 week away to trials, 1 preparing for Jewels and 1 midprep). All kicked for touch. As trained at or near Cambridge and starting from scratch again we cannot afford (and nor can our trainers manage under level 3) to bring all back in straight away, never mind the babies requiring education. We are not even bothering to bring our best horse back until certainty of good stakes and races for his grade and have already decided we can only afford to breed one mare this year (3 last year). I'm hoping some of the decision-makers high above realise the financial hit owners have suffered and the ongoing effects this will have on trainers, studs and race fields.

I have heard one prominent administrator say that breeders will help the industry to recover by putting the horses they have bred into work, because of their age they have already accumulated cash and assets which allows them to afford to race horses.

This doesn't fit the picture of most horse breeders that I know

1 hour ago, Stables said:

I have heard one prominent administrator say that breeders will help the industry to recover by putting the horses they have bred into work, because of their age they have already accumulated cash and assets which allows them to afford to race horses.

Expenditure on hobbies is discretional. Those with deep pockets will sail on and may benefit with less opposition. Those with little means will become spectators. Most will be in between.

8 hours ago, Stables said:

Yep, doesn't fit me , even though I can do some of it myself.

20181104_195542.jpg

20160418_163631.jpg