RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nasrullah

Joke of the day - OMG

35 minutes ago, Charlie Bukowski said:

Really f***n nervous right now , Raelene Castle unemployed and Rita looking for a new CEO ....

Please no ......

2/1 at the mo...

Charlie that is brilliant  ,nothing would surprise me .Once you have your snout in the trough its impossible to get them out.  Andy Foster could  have a short shelf life  ,  Cheers BH

95427897_3820723554667384_2065748629355757568_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=HlavinN4xmcAX8oDCbo&_nc_ht=scontent.fpmr1-1.fna&oh=29b25f74d817c8e3e5923995f16533bd&oe=5ECE0542

Sesqui 1990 was a festival that was staged in February 1990 in the city of Wellington, New Zealand. A spectacular commercial and administrative failure, the Sesqui event has subsequently become an icon of corporate mismanagement within New Zealand popular culture.

No better man 30 years on to re-create history. As he says in his own words I’m a serial failure – in the sense that I have done lots that has gone wrong".

Another great John Allen quote re a CEO's role "It’s rough, and it can be lonely, that’s true. However, the reward of being able to build and create something is really terrific"

The NZ TAB should re-name their  Betting Platform 'Son Of Sesqui' it has the right breeding Sesqui: A spectacular commercial and administrative failure, an icon of corporate mismanagement.

If you can't get to sleep over the Lockdown read John Allen's interview (conducted by a firm he once had shares in so it's not staged in anyway :rcf-smart:)

https://minterellison.co.nz/our-view/an-interview-with-john-allen-ceo-of-new-zealand-racing-board 

Wellington as capital city | Vivienne Morrell

I hope when they do Raelene's contract they put NZ $, not Aussie$

Isn't that how Andrew Brown got $970,000?

He put English pounds in instead of NZ$ and no one noticed

Mikie

Yes, I'm not serious!

7 minutes ago, Mikie said:

I hope when they do Raelene's contract they put NZ $, not Aussie$

Isn't that how Andrew Brown got $970,000?

He put English pounds in instead of NZ$ and no one noticed

Mikie

Yes, I'm not serious!

Euro's wasn't it?

2 minutes ago, von Smallhaussen said:

My question was leading to - if not the Government, why do the Government appoint the CEO and Chair of the board?

They don't or didn't. The board appoints the CEO as is the norm. Obviously the transition agency board was appointed by the government but that board also appointed the CEO. The NZRB board was officially appointed by the Minister but one member nominated by each of the codes and 3 appointed on advice of an advisory panel comprising the Minister, a representative of each code and the board chair. The only person the Minister appointed directly was the chair of the board and that had to be after consultation with the codes. Essentially, while the Minister officially made the appointments they were all subject to the codes nomination or approval. The government itself didn't have a say.

2 hours ago, Leggy said:

They don't or didn't. The board appoints the CEO as is the norm. Obviously the transition agency board was appointed by the government but that board also appointed the CEO. The NZRB board was officially appointed by the Minister but one member nominated by each of the codes and 3 appointed on advice of an advisory panel comprising the Minister, a representative of each code and the board chair. The only person the Minister appointed directly was the chair of the board and that had to be after consultation with the codes. Essentially, while the Minister officially made the appointments they were all subject to the codes nomination or approval. The government itself didn't have a say.

Thank you for the reply - I shall sleep better tonight ;)

1 hour ago, von Smallhaussen said:

Thank you for the reply - I shall sleep better tonight ;)

I wont because it's incorrect. Glenda Hughes was a political appointment under the goon from Otaki and from that followed that [or maybe just before] John Allen was 'supplemented' by Key and his cronies out of Foreign Affairs and Trade on to the NZ Racing Board to solve a problem because [so I am told] a vote of no confidence in the man. I am also told that an internal revolt was taking place or about to. Believe who you want, but at least delve deeper for the truth.

21 minutes ago, Insider said:

I wont because it's incorrect. Glenda Hughes was a political appointment under the goon from Otaki and from that followed that [or maybe just before] John Allen was 'supplemented' by Key and his cronies out of Foreign Affairs and Trade on to the NZ Racing Board to solve a problem because [so I am told] a vote of no confidence in the man. I am also told that an internal revolt was taking place or about to. Believe who you want, but at least delve deeper for the truth.

Perhaps I should have said that's what the Racing Act said was supposed to happen or have happened.

People like JA last so long sucking on the tax payers tit and failing,. So next best thing for failures like him, suck off the rate payers tit. There is Barker now on HBRC ex MP now sucking on rate payers tit. First thing he wants to do is spend millions of a name change. Not sort out any problems especially the shit water. 

11 hours ago, Insider said:

no wonder I had a bad nights sleep! 

My original thoughts echo what you say - so am I correct in thinking that if they are Govt. appointments then the Govt does own the TAB/Rita?

In that case how can it be insolvent or near to?

On 4/29/2020 at 1:25 PM, Boss Hogg said:

Charlie that is brilliant  ,nothing would surprise me .Once you have your snout in the trough its impossible to get them out.  Andy Foster could  have a short shelf life  ,  Cheers BH

mebbe Glenda hughes is tired of the hounds and will be all over that CEO application!

PIGS in the trough, the disease is everywhere, seems unstoppable, people paid way over the odds, hundreds of them, and some several millions over. As a rule they slide into a business that runs well, and requires little assistance. When there is a problem, they run around pretending it's not so, no one told me, I'm unaware of this issue. Then the shit turns to custard, starts to stick, so they move to another goldmine leaving the workers to sweep up the mess.  Councils, seem to be a favorite place to roost, duds arrive there like seagulls, flocking in to fill perches, and awarding bonuses to those whom can shit best, and from great heights. Remember Hawksbury, 7 million for a short stay with TV, Mother of the nation Judy paid 5 mil for how long? Auck city, traffic woes, pathetic to think of Dove Myer Robinson, whom did on occasion mention this issue would increase. Back to stake money for racing, A stake of 500 pounds in 1966 of which I remember was normal for a mdn race in 1966, equates to about $34,000 today, oh have we dropped the bit somewhere perhaps, maybe, oh shit, not sure. Oh well it will be ok. TAB broke, well fuck me, oh never mind we will get some number eight wire out and fix it. Trouble is now the wire will not hold, to weak, been lying around too long. Cannot find any new wire with strength enough to hold. Time to push it all over the cliff and re start?