RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nasrullah

Joke of the day - OMG

https://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/wellington/121310537/wellington-regional-economic-development-agency-appoints-new-chief-executive

Allen is an experienced chief executive, having led New Zealand Post, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and, most recently, the New Zealand Racing Board. 

He has served on the boards of Te Papa and the New Zealand Festival, and is on the Victoria University of Wellington Council.

Wellington Mayor Andy Foster said he was looking forward to working with Allen.

"John will be joining at one of the most testing times ever for the local, regional and national economy.

"I know John well. He's a big-picture, creative thinker, which are exactly the skills Wellington needs at this time.

"The fact that someone of his calibre is attracted to this role is a great endorsement for the excellent work of WellingtonNZ."

Greater Wellington Regional Council chair Daran Ponter said the appointment was exactly what the region needed.

"John's track record speaks for itself and he'll know that there's a real task at hand.

58 minutes ago, Nasrullah said:

"The fact that someone of his calibre is attracted to this role is a great endorsement for the excellent work of WellingtonNZ."

the truth is - he was attracted to this role because he got the DCM from his last role ! 

1 hour ago, Nasrullah said:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/wellington/121310537/wellington-regional-economic-development-agency-appoints-new-chief-executive

Allen is an experienced chief executive, having led New Zealand Post, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and, most recently, the New Zealand Racing Board. 

He has served on the boards of Te Papa and the New Zealand Festival, and is on the Victoria University of Wellington Council.

"John will be joining at one of the most testing times ever for the local, regional and national economy.

"I know John well. He's a big-picture, creative thinker, which are exactly the skills Wellington needs at this time.

Greater Wellington Regional Council chair Daran Ponter said the appointment was exactly what the region needed.

"John's track record speaks for itself and he'll know that there's a real task at hand.

Quite clear nobody done a background check of any real substance , just a bunch of suits looking after another suit . It will probably come out somewhere down the line that he knew someone who knew someone and , TADA !! the jobs yours . Hate to have seen the resumes of the also rans .

Wherever John has gone, he has taken a team of suits with him.

Look how many are still at the TAB from NZ Post!

Lets hope like Fx=3k that he takes most of them [hanging on by the skin of their teeth] still at the TAB with him.

At least it would save a huge amount of redundancy money, if the place isn't put into statutory management, which is on the cards.

5 hours ago, Nasrullah said:

This is typical of corporate big business CEO's and suits! :rcf-angry-4: The evergreen revolving door!

Pisses me off that useless incompetence can roll out one door and into another! :rcf-angry-2:

All purely based on positions held in past employment of big company's ...irrelevant if they fucked those business's or not! :rolleyes:

THIS SHIT NEEDS TO STOP WORLDWIDE ! :angry: Example Fonterra!

They sit  there collecting their million dollar Salary's feeding us all bullshit for a few years...

They then move on with a shitload of earnings and leaving us share holders employees etc.... holding the bath water but not a baby to be seen!

If there is anything I have learnt in this Covid-19 lockdown debacle...it is the so-called bottom feeders and the real workers on the frontlines and coal face that are the most important ! (I actually knew this already but was confirmed!)

These are the ones that should be earning 5x More and the Suits 10x Less !

2 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

If there is anything I have learnt in this Covid-19 lockdown debacle...it is the so-called bottom feeders and the real workers on the frontlines and coal face that are the most important ! (I actually knew this already but was confirmed!)

Well said and very true! 

1 minute ago, MAJESTIC said:

Makes you wonder about the credibility of the executive recruitment agency that selected him.

Probably the same one that got him the Racing Board one.

Went to couple meetings he chaired prior to his departure. 

He could "TALK THE TALK and WALK THE WALK"

I wonder if these recruiting agency's ever say..."Sorry none of these applicants are suitable for this role"?
My guess is no...racing's almighty dollar bleeds again!

12 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

How many of these people will be mentioned when honours list comes around as against all the business people or sports stars ? .

13 hours ago, gubellini said:

Makes you wonder about the credibility of the executive recruitment agency that selected him.

It is Important that the name of that recruitment agency be disclosed.  Those who unaware of commercial hazards will be affected by commercial hazards.

Whatever happened to being paid on your performance, seems these days they are all to highly paid, and still get the big bonuses even when the company is sinking, and its everywhere,  I don't think I could sleep at night if I was in one of these top jobs, maybe be I'm to honest.

Appointing JA to anything associated with WCC or GWRC is not surprising as they have a long history of employing total effwits.

Just look at the ongoing WCC problems(shit for africa), Island Bay bike lane etc etc.

GWRC change to bus timetables routes .

Sure JA will fit in there perfectly he will be with his own kind.