RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ardentbuzz

Cambridge AWT

7 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I didn't know that. Shows how time flies. I see some trainers are pleased to see it gone.

Yeah to echo Red Rum, Geelong's last race on their synthetic track (ThoroughTrack) was in September of 2018.  This from an article in the Herald Sun - Geelong Racing Club chief executive Daniel Salter said it was a disappointing result but he was hoping that they will be able to hold four to six meetings a year on a new inner grass track, which would replace the synthetic track.  From what I gather, they had trouble with the base/drainage (sounds like the same problem they had a Santa Anita).  

4 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

Lights all in the plans, should be a great asset!

That's good news for the track.  I realize that racing under the lights at Avondale didn't work out, but it has at Cranbourne, Moonee Valley, and Pakenham.  When the time comes, perhaps they can model after those racecourses who have had success with evening racing.

On 5/2/2020 at 3:00 AM, Scanman said:

That's good news for the track.  I realize that racing under the lights at Avondale didn't work out, but it has at Cranbourne, Moonee Valley, and Pakenham.  When the time comes, perhaps they can model after those racecourses who have had success with evening racing.

Gotta milk the coos in the morning :rcf-sleeping-1:

7 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

I hope the Cambridge JC are going to renovate by extending the Grandstand? :rcf-monkey: :rcf-laughing-2:

Cambridge Grandstand.jpg

It looks smaller than a normal sized house,  FFS my kids when they were little made bigger Lego houses and Iam a tight arse so they didn't have that many blocks .

On 4/27/2020 at 3:15 PM, Chris Wood said:

We are all involved, as users, as Members of the CAMBRIDGE JC.

I think it will be great for Cambridge and associated club’s around the area, no more winter postponements,  regular trials and jumpouts saving our clients money, which is what is going to have to happen to sustain our industry.

Thanks Red Rum, i always try and see both sides of the argument, to many people are one eyed and only back what they think is going to help them, not the big picture.

We have a great facility here and the new track will only enhance that.

Thanks for your comments re Thomas, yes he has taken big steps in his career in a short time and is loving his time up in HK.

One day he will return.

I have another son by the name of Jonty, he school teaches up there to and plays semi-pro Rugby up there as well, very proud parents Colleen and I.

I will get a bit more on the costings over the next few days! 

Are there any locals up there Chris ?! Watching preview the other day with Tom, Mark McNamara and Dally ex TAB...

Daryl Anderson up there as well now....;)