RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ardentbuzz

Cambridge AWT

I understand the AWT at Cambridge is underway and due for completion sometime in August

Can anyone enlighten me as to who is paying for it and how much is the budget 

Is RITA funding it ???? and if so how much have they spent on it

40 minutes ago, ardentbuzz said:

I understand the AWT at Cambridge is underway and due for completion sometime in August

Can anyone enlighten me as to who is paying for it and how much is the budget 

Is RITA funding it ???? and if so how much have they spent on it

Taxpayer funded from provincial growth fund is my understanding, 23 million I think ,  so Ardent Buzz if you pay tax you have shouted them a racetrack, I think the thanks is in the post to you along with the bill with more money they want from you , as well as the money you provide through your punting dollar to the monopoly , and the money they cream from communities via Pokie oh don't forget racing are the only industry who pay tax in this country . 

Oh and be grateful they let you pay for it too . 

23 million is way out RR, I will get figures for you this week, a  bit over half of what you have quoted I believe.

Work resumes tomorrow, with about 400m of metal to be completed, the concrete edging inside and out, the ambulance track around the inside, and the railing arrives from Australia in early May.

Most of the product that makes up the surface has arrived, and it will be brought on site in a mixed form and laid.
They were on schedule before the Virus interrupted proceedings, so hopefully the job gets completed in the timeframe that was anticipated.

2 minutes ago, Chris Wood said:

23 million is way out RR, I will get figures for you this week, a  bit over half of what you have quoted I believe.

Work resumes tomorrow, with about 400m of metal to be completed, the concrete edging inside and out, the ambulance track around the inside, and the railing arrives from Australia in early May.

Most of the product that makes up the surface has arrived, and it will be brought on site in a mixed form and laid.
They were on schedule before the Virus interrupted proceedings, so hopefully the job gets completed in the timeframe that was anticipated.

Thanks Chris ,

It would be interesting to know , I have read 23 milion a bit but maybe that was for the three proposed so I am happy to be corrected  .

It's the way it comes across as an entitlement to taxpayer funds  by some in racing  that gets up my nose ( last night on 3 news for example) and I absolutely love the sport and hope is propers but not at the expense of others in society    . Racing needs to realise we all in the worry zone about our futures .

I must say you always come across as reasonable and fair minded , I hope there is a fair resolution to all ,the grafting  taxpayer , other community kids sports and racing getting a helping hand  , but 80 mill that's a bit stiff .

I wish you the best in these troubled times , and I must say your son is awesome in his role , he was awesome in NZ and Singapore too. 

We are all involved, as users, as Members of the CAMBRIDGE JC.

I think it will be great for Cambridge and associated club’s around the area, no more winter postponements,  regular trials and jumpouts saving our clients money, which is what is going to have to happen to sustain our industry.

Thanks Red Rum, i always try and see both sides of the argument, to many people are one eyed and only back what they think is going to help them, not the big picture.

We have a great facility here and the new track will only enhance that.

Thanks for your comments re Thomas, yes he has taken big steps in his career in a short time and is loving his time up in HK.

One day he will return.

I have another son by the name of Jonty, he school teaches up there to and plays semi-pro Rugby up there as well, very proud parents Colleen and I.

I will get a bit more on the costings over the next few days! 

38 minutes ago, Chris Wood said:

I have another son by the name of Jonty, he school teaches up there to and plays semi-pro Rugby up there as well, very proud parents Colleen and I.

They have gone a long way since playing the pokies as 4yos in Rangiriri.  Great stuff Chirs.  Good ole days :rcfe-laughing:

56 minutes ago, Chris Wood said:

We are all involved, as users, as Members of the CAMBRIDGE JC.

I think it will be great for Cambridge and associated club’s around the area, no more winter postponements,  regular trials and jumpouts saving our clients money, which is what is going to have to happen to sustain our industry.

Thanks Red Rum, i always try and see both sides of the argument, to many people are one eyed and only back what they think is going to help them, not the big picture.

We have a great facility here and the new track will only enhance that.

Thanks for your comments re Thomas, yes he has taken big steps in his career in a short time and is loving his time up in HK.

One day he will return.

I will get a bit more on the costings over the next few days! 

School teachers earning every single cent of wage at moment imho , good on him too .

4 hours ago, rdytdy said:

My understanding is the cost for the Cambridge all weather track is around $13 million with the Provincial Growth Fund contributing $7 million towards that figure.   

Well that's 1/2 the problem solved who is the Fairy Godmother who came up with the rest  RITA???

2 hours ago, ardentbuzz said:

Well that's 1/2 the problem solved who is the Fairy Godmother who came up with the rest  RITA???

Cambridge Jockey Club? 
I hope so as they have the full use of it, no one else!

11 hours ago, Insider said:

Cambridge Jockey Club? 
I hope so as they have the full use of it, no one else!

Ridiculous comment. It’s for the betterment of all the Industry participants. It’s not an “exclusive” use track is it? NZ Racing people have to drop partisan comments and look at what’s best overall. That’s been a problem for years, as people are all for reform - as long as their own patch progresses and others take the hit. It’s no wonder REFORM can’t get any traction. 

what other amenities does it have,ok you have a track but will the public be well served...........now as this in cambridge will other tracks keep going......i watch sometimes racing on tv  on all weather tracks, its not a great look but at least you have racing and sometimes in nz we have so many meetings put off then an alternative is essential.

Another benefit will be getting horses ready for Spring Racing, a nice surface to give them a hitout on. 
Think positive, I have to agree with Trump, unity is one thing that has ever been really strong in NZ racing.

Jealousy and Negativity will be two things that are not in the plan if we have any chance of resurrection at this point in time!

9 minutes ago, Chris Wood said:

Another benefit will be getting horses ready for Spring Racing, a nice surface to give them a hitout on. 
Think positive, I have to agree with Trump, unity is one thing that has ever been really strong in NZ racing.

Jealousy and Negativity will be two things that are not in the plan if we have any chance of resurrection at this point in time!

It's a really good surface for following form if horses go around it regularly,  honestly it must be better than bog track racing in winter with inconsistent tracks. The Yanks do their own thing but most other countries have the AWT tracks , even Chantilly have a polytrack now for winter racing .

4 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

Clearly the AWT is going to benefit the locals turning over horses for overseas sale. Therefore from a purely business motive its only reasonable all Cambridge horses sold overseas incur a 10% industry levy.