RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

TAB - Just wondering

Placed a bet yesterday because I thought there was a lay down mazaire. I'm not a big betting person. Looked at the results today. This is what I saw.

image.thumb.png.62f5450a1ab11343dca1ac6efd2aa783.png

My puzzle relates to the returns In the win side I put $10 on at $7.50 to get $75. So I take $10 out of my account, my account is debited $10 and it looks as though I get $63.50 into my account. I sort of find that strange.

The place component of my bet is even stranger. I make a $20 bet at $2.50 to get $50. So out of my account goes $20, my account id debited $20 and it looks as though I get $44 into my account. 

So if I look at that last bet, if the net is credited to my account then surely the bet is $20, therefore based on the first $10 win bet, the $20 should be subtracted from the $50 with my account being credited $30. But it's credited $44.

Any suggestions?

7 hours ago, Berri said:

Placed a bet yesterday because I thought there was a lay down mazaire. I'm not a big betting person. Looked at the results today. This is what I saw.

image.thumb.png.62f5450a1ab11343dca1ac6efd2aa783.png

My puzzle relates to the returns In the win side I put $10 on at $7.50 to get $75. So I take $10 out of my account, my account is debited $10 and it looks as though I get $63.50 into my account. I sort of find that strange.

The place component of my bet is even stranger. I make a $20 bet at $2.50 to get $50. So out of my account goes $20, my account id debited $20 and it looks as though I get $44 into my account. 

So if I look at that last bet, if the net is credited to my account then surely the bet is $20, therefore based on the first $10 win bet, the $20 should be subtracted from the $50 with my account being credited $30. But it's credited $44.

Any suggestions?

Really !!!

A Lay Down Misere , $10/$20 ???? Fair enough , just read again , not a big betting person....

Not only that , my 5yo could work out there would have to be a late scratching to get deductions....

How long have you been in this game , seriously this scares me that you can't work this out , please don't tell me you watched the race and saw the favourite was scr at the barrier............

19 hours ago, Charlie Bukowski said:

Really !!!

A Lay Down Misere , $10/$20 ???? Fair enough , just read again , not a big betting person....

Not only that , my 5yo could work out there would have to be a late scratching to get deductions....

How long have you been in this game , seriously this scares me that you can't work this out , please don't tell me you watched the race and saw the favourite was scr at the barrier............

AS I said, I looked at the race results the day later. Didn't see the race, didn't hear that there was a scratching. Still got a problem with the reporting, So work it out, in one instance for the win bet, I bet $10 at $7.50 to get $75. So it looks as though they deducted $10 and then credited $63.50. Surely mu account should have been debited $10 and then credited $73.50. Late scratching took $1.50 of my divy price.

But look at the other bet....Bet $20 at $2.50 so should have had $20 debited and then credited $50 giving a $30 profit. But they debited $20 and credited $44

So you tell me what I should be thinking. On one bet I go down and the other I get nearly 30% more. Interesting....both the reporting and the deductions. That is why I asked can anyone explain this too me....is that too difficult a question? So I've got a late scratching which I didn't know about but I still don't get it.....and its mazaire...not misere

And so that you don't get too confused.....I don't really bet so $30 for me is a good bet. I guess I take $1000 out of my betting accounts every 3 months (don't really use my NZTAB account much) as I only take lay down mazaires or when I'm with mates having a race day.....not that that's been happening recently

5 minutes ago, Berri said:

And so that you don't get too confused.....I don't really bet so $30 for me is a good bet. I guess I take $1000 out of my betting accounts every 3 months (don't really use my NZTAB account much) as I only take lay down mazaires or when I'm with mates having a race day.....not that that's been happening recently

Hi Berri

If $30 is a good bet for you, and you don't really bet much but somehow manage a withdraw-able profit of $1,000 every three months then I think you would be foolish to not up your bets!!!

5 minutes ago, Berri said:

AS I said, I looked at the race results the day later. Didn't see the race, didn't hear that there was a scratching. Still got a problem with the reporting, So work it out, in one instance for the win bet, I bet $10 at $7.50 to get $75. So it looks as though they deducted $10 and then credited $63.50. Surely mu account should have been debited $10 and then credited $73.50. Late scratching took $1.50 of my divy price.

But look at the other bet....Bet $20 at $2.50 so should have had $20 debited and then credited $50 giving a $30 profit. But they debited $20 and credited $44

So you tell me what I should be thinking. On one bet I go down and the other I get nearly 30% more. Interesting....both the reporting and the deductions. That is why I asked can anyone explain this too me....is that too difficult a question? So I've got a late scratching which I didn't know about but I still don't get it.....and its mazaire...not misere

Elementary my dear Watson.

The place and win have different market percentages. i.e. The win may be 125% and the place 135%. They used to move in tandem but I noticed since the TAB have got desperate their place market is horrific. Usually reduce closer to racetime so I guess its best placing the bet close to the off.

3 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Hi Berri

If $30 is a good bet for you, and you don't really bet much but somehow manage a withdraw-able profit of $1,000 every three months then I think you would be foolish to not up your bets!!!

As strange as it is, ask any of my friends, I'm not really a gambler. Like to go after things that have an on going purpose and not just a single event. I enjoy the concept of beating the bankers, not taking them on. I did have a $100 bet a while ago and it lost. We can't be winners every time

4 hours ago, Berri said:

As strange as it is, ask any of my friends, I'm not really a gambler. Like to go after things that have an on going purpose and not just a single event. I enjoy the concept of beating the bankers, not taking them on. I did have a $100 bet a while ago and it lost. We can't be winners every time

I think most of us would trade you for that Melbourne Cup win thrill ,and even a part of that horse of Barts that raced in the Cup:rcf-wink: about 4 x times !

Nice punt. 

Yes I also find their fixed odds practices slightly arcane. 

I have been enjoying though, the 'hack' from someone on here of the first three providing 3 dividends per race in slighly reduced fields. 5/6/7 runner fields still pay out on first 3 I believe. At times it provides solace if your fancied runner does not quite win. 

5 hours ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

Nice punt. 

Yes I also find their fixed odds practices slightly arcane. 

I have been enjoying though, the 'hack' from someone on here of the first three providing 3 dividends per race in slighly reduced fields. 5/6/7 runner fields still pay out on first 3 I believe. At times it provides solace if your fancied runner does not quite win. 

Punters when betting like consistency. I venture to say that being consistent with the first three as opposed suddenly finding out there are only two divs on the place is the attraction. The new platform does everything to discourage from betting the tote not that it does anything to bet fixed. There is no message saying just 2 place divs instead the punter has to count the number starters whilst scrolling to find the whole field interspersed with scratchings.