RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Lincoln Farms boss slams RITA

4 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Would there be a case of every sport / code getting exactly their cut of TAB profit wagered on their sport/code and no pokie money to pro sport at all if the taxpayer  gave a handout, maybe govenment could tie that in for the handout  . I know Rugby , Football, Netball and League at community  level are hurting bad at moment  , cricket luckily got through most of season but rumblings are they are  are willing to chip in later in season and forego a bit of time early season in Spring , no doubt that will cost them but if so good on them if they do .

Don't know how the maths would work..but I do like that idea.  Much fairer all round.

2 hours ago, Leggy said:

Found it.

If an employer has received the wage subsidy on behalf of an employee, MBIE says that generally the full amount should still be passed on to the employee even if they return to work during level three.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/business/20-04-2020/what-you-need-to-do-to-open-your-business-under-alert-level-three/

That’s half the situation. Think of it this way; unless their employer is paying below the subsidy (could happen for a under 20 hours employee) , all employees will have received the whole subsidy by the end of 12 weeks. The fact they have worked some or all of that time is irrelevant.

On 4/27/2020 at 10:05 AM, Leggy said:

Maybe someone on here can clarify. Can't immediately find where I read that now.

The subsidy is paid to the employee over the 12 week period to assist the employer to keep their staff on the books during the lockdown period  It is for the employees benefit not to help the employer pay his bills while in lockdown. Thats why there are so many now being required to pay the money back because they have used it to cover other expenses and not for the employees.

It was a badly thought out decision made in haste to pay the subsidy to the employers for the benefit of the employees rather than paying it direct to the employees account but with all the other payouts being made the govt agencies that normally handle these sorts of things (ie IRD and MSD) were already going to be overworked.

2 hours ago, kilcoyne said:

The subsidy is paid to the employee over the 12 week period to assist the employer to keep their staff on the books during the lockdown period  It is for the employees benefit not to help the employer pay his bills while in lockdown. Thats why there are so many now being required to pay the money back because they have used it to cover other expenses and not for the employees.

It was a badly thought out decision made in haste to pay the subsidy to the employers for the benefit of the employees rather than paying it direct to the employees account but with all the other payouts being made the govt agencies that normally handle these sorts of things (ie IRD and MSD) were already going to be overworked.

You are an idiot. Related to Ardern by any chance?

16 hours ago, Phillipe said:

You are an idiot. Related to Ardern by any chance?

No to both. Just happen to know what I'm talking about with over 20 years experience ensuring that the rules are complied with

3 minutes ago, kilcoyne said:

No to both. Just happen to know what I'm talking about with over 20 years experience ensuring that the rules are complied with

While you are there Kilcoyne and thanks for your claification, if you go back to the original question,

I'm talking for example where let's say the employee is paid exactly the $585 per week for 6 weeks then returns to full time work. I thought the remaing 6 weeks subsidy had to be passed on to the employee at that point, not pocketed by the employer?

If the employee is back working normal hours and being paid the $585 per week as their regular wage. Does that satisfy the requirement, or should the balance of the wage subsidy be passed on to them as well? Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Leggy said:

While you are there Kilcoyne and thanks for your claification, if you go back to the original question,

I'm talking for example where let's say the employee is paid exactly the $585 per week for 6 weeks then returns to full time work. I thought the remaing 6 weeks subsidy had to be passed on to the employee at that point, not pocketed by the employer?

If the employee is back working normal hours and being paid the $585 per week as their regular wage. Does that satisfy the requirement, or should the balance of the wage subsidy be passed on to them as well? Thanks.

They get paid their full wages made up of $585 plus the employer tops that up to their normal hourly rate so for example if they do 40 hours on a building site per week they get their full rate as normal but $585 of that comes from the subsidy

8 minutes ago, kilcoyne said:

They get paid their full wages made up of $585 plus the employer tops that up to their normal hourly rate so for example if they do 40 hours on a building site per week they get their full rate as normal but $585 of that comes from the subsidy

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Leggy said:

No. I think they then have to repay it.

Clarification Leggy - from MSD from a site audited

Subject: Wage Subsidy  

Hi xxx 

Thanks for your time today.  

You advised me during our conversation that one of your employees named xxxxx has handed in their resignation and sought some advice in relation to that. As xxx was as employee at the time you made your application and has left on their on accord and was not made redundant, the subsidy for them can be retained and kept to support your other staff and your business.

You will not be required to refund this.  

Kind regards 

xxxx

Investigator

Fraud Intervention Services

Ministry of Social Development

On 4/29/2020 at 12:25 PM, kilcoyne said:

This is still obviously confusing. Read this from Baygold who seem to think they should repay the balance once workers return to work.

“However, we believe that the full Baygold team will be back to work within the 12-week period. Therefore, a repayment of unused subsidy funds is anticipated and we are in discussions with MSD on how that should be processed,” he said.

He said they had engaged Deloitte to undertake an audit of their use of the subsidy and “will be inviting MSD to review how we are using the subsidy to ensure we are doing the right thing”.

6 minutes ago, Peter R S said:

A couple more comments though.

The turnover reduction has to be caused by Covid19. Great gesture if they pay some back, all we taxpayers benefit!

How? And what would they be paying back?