RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

A MESSAGE FROM NATIONAL PRESIDENT, TONY PIKE

4 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Do you refer to George Hickton? He was ok wasn't he? The TAB ran ok in his day and seemed to know its place in the overall scheme of things.

No he wasnt...he started the demise of TAB agency's and the $1 each way punter. Cannot remember the exact words to his quote when he took over but it was something

like "We need to get rid of the urinal look" where people stood there and looked up to the TV screens. They are now looking down at the potty.....

13 hours ago, Leggy said:

I agree but I don't think that NZTR have done anythging proactive to solve the problem except sit on their hands and hope that RITA and/or the Government will come to the rescue. For example, they supported the NZRB paying out distributions well in excess of earnings from assets and borrowing on a whim and a prayer didn't they and so did the TA?

I agree.

NZTR have done little to improve the lot of TB  racing.  Much could have been accomplished with very little cost, as has been discussed at length here and elsewhere. 

They have been instrumental in supporting the ' live beyond your means '  culture,  exemplified by the excessive top end stakes allocated,  while the lesser lights have been scrabbling for survival at the bottom of their heap.  Allocations within codes isn't Rita's prerogative. 

31 minutes ago, Pam Robson said:

I agree.

NZTR have done little to improve the lot of TB  racing.  Much could have been accomplished with very little cost, as has been discussed at length here and elsewhere. 

They have been instrumental in supporting the ' live beyond your means '  culture,  exemplified by the excessive top end stakes allocated,  while the lesser lights have been scrabbling for survival at the bottom of their heap.  Allocations within codes isn't Rita's prerogative. 

And - another example- the Cambridge allweather ?  A profligate waster of money with no apparent awareness that the gravy boat was empty?