RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

A MESSAGE FROM NATIONAL PRESIDENT, TONY PIKE

Since the last newsletter sent on Tuesday 21st April, there has been a lot of support for the Trainers’ Association. The other major stakeholder groups – NZ Thoroughbred Breeders’ Association and the NZ Racehorse Owners’ Federation, are also requesting information from RITA.

RITA have made it clear there will not be answers to the questions raised in the letter until after their board meeting on Wednesday 29th April.  Whilst we wanted answers by midday 27th April they advise this is not possible. They were made aware of our dissatisfaction.

Clearly they have no regard or respect for trainers who are desperate to bring their horses back into work and get their businesses underway after the four week Level 4 lockdown. We know your horses must be jumping out of their skin – and your staff keen to start earning money again.

However, due to the lack of transparency and information from RITA, there is much uncertainty around the distribution of funds to the codes for stakes and indeed whether or not RITA is actually even solvent. This gives us no confidence at all in their operation and management of the livelihoods of stakeholders.

We would therefore recommend you put off bringing horses back into work until we hear answers to our questions. Many leading trainers have advised they are not prepared to take the risk of bringing horses back to their stables, when there is a chance they will only have to turn them out again as the stake levels may not justify an owner’s expense.

5 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Since the last newsletter sent on Tuesday 21st April, there has been a lot of support for the Trainers’ Association. The other major stakeholder groups – NZ Thoroughbred Breeders’ Association and the NZ Racehorse Owners’ Federation, are also requesting information from RITA.

RITA have made it clear there will not be answers to the questions raised in the letter until after their board meeting on Wednesday 29th April.  Whilst we wanted answers by midday 27th April they advise this is not possible. They were made aware of our dissatisfaction.

Clearly they have no regard or respect for trainers who are desperate to bring their horses back into work and get their businesses underway after the four week Level 4 lockdown. We know your horses must be jumping out of their skin – and your staff keen to start earning money again.

However, due to the lack of transparency and information from RITA, there is much uncertainty around the distribution of funds to the codes for stakes and indeed whether or not RITA is actually even solvent. This gives us no confidence at all in their operation and management of the livelihoods of stakeholders.

We would therefore recommend you put off bringing horses back into work until we hear answers to our questions. Many leading trainers have advised they are not prepared to take the risk of bringing horses back to their stables, when there is a chance they will only have to turn them out again as the stake levels may not justify an owner’s expense.

Fully support this directive , will be very interesting to see how many trainers/owners will take this advice on board or decide to row their own boat . In the past the failure of participants not showing a unified front has been the reason for never gaining traction in trying to achieve improvements and gain a measure of control of the product for the betterment of racing . Will be very interesting to see what unfolds .

30 minutes ago, Patiti said:

"with the code CEOs"

Just who is Mr Pike meeting with after the Board meeting.

Not well written IMO.

Quite agree. That makes no sense at all. " The pressure of possible action by trainers has subsequently led to Pike receiving an invitation from RITA to join a conference call with the code CEOs on Wednesday after its board meeting.". Does that mean a meeting amongst the Code CEOs and the RITA Board and Pike or what? And what about?

Not putting horses into work for a few days won’t achieve much ? If he’s the president of the NZTA why did he say on the news he’d jump ship to AU pretty quick ? Bit like the captain of the Titanic jumping ship first ummmm .

"Pike says he has been given no undertaking that RITA will divulge what prize money distributions will be made for the remaining two months of the season and the start of the new season."

And aren't there three months remaining in the season, not two?

1 minute ago, puha said:

Not putting horses into work fir a few days won’t achieve much ? If he’s the president of the NZTA why did he say on the news he’d jump ship to AU pretty quick ? Bit like the captain of the Titanic jumping ship first ummmm .

Odd thing to say as a union rep , threatening to leave normally would result with a boss saying , no worries so who do I negotiate with then as no need to waste time with those leaving .Members normally worry entrusting negotiations to someone leaving .

Got to me careful what these racing reps say in public , 95 per cent don't give a rats arse about racing, another per cent maybe quite happy punting on OZ racing now  . Most would say after hearing someone say that from racing would be  don't let the door  hit you on arse on way out mate .

3 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Odd thing to say as a union rep , threatening to leave normally would result with a boss saying , no worries so who do I negotiate with then as no need to waste time with those leaving .Members normally worry entrusting negotiations to someone leaving .

Got to me careful what these racing reps say in public , 95 per cent don't give a rats arse about racing, another per cent maybe quite happy punting on OZ racing now  . Most would say after hearing someone say that from racing would be  don't let the door  hit you on arse on way out mate .

I imagine if he doesn't want the horses in work the owners will manage to  find someone capable of training them.

Just now, Leggy said:

I imagine if he doesn't want the horses in work the owners will manage to  find someone capable of training them.

Good on the bloke for fronting, battling  and trying but a union rep cannot threaten to leave , it's  like a squad leader giving troops battle plans for next week on his last day in army .it's a bad negotiating look . Union rep should not make it personnel to themselves , it's the members have instructed me , that kind of thing . 

16 minutes ago, Leggy said:

"Pike says he has been given no undertaking that RITA will divulge what prize money distributions will be made for the remaining two months of the season and the start of the new season."

And aren't there three months remaining in the season, not two?

Actually there is only one as the thoroughbred code is not scheduled to start racing again until 1 July.

22 minutes ago, Leggy said:

I don't think that is what he is saying.

Finally !!!!

Some momentum.

RITA surely insolvent.

Pike about 12 months too late holding all these pricks accountable but better late than never.

Where's the rest of the Stables , big and small , getting in behind Pike.

Without the $80 million loan/bail out in the coffers by Weds , I'd say a few on the gravy train shitting bricks right now...

1 minute ago, Charlie Bukowski said:

Finally !!!!

Some momentum.

RITA surely insolvent.

Pike about 12 months too late holding all these pricks accountable but better late than never.

Where's the rest of the Stables , big and small , getting in behind Pike.

Without the $80 million loan/bail out in the coffers by Weds , I'd say a few on the gravy train shitting bricks right now...

Trainers assn at least a decade too late . This point was going to come at some stage down the line , Covid and lockdown has fast tracked it . Pop the pimple and squeeze the puss out i say . Might be a few telephone confrences between the board this weekend i think  . As you say shitting bricks .