RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Pike: Trainers need urgent assurances from RITA

All very reasonabe questions, have read them on  here for years.

I guess with the Govt wage subsidy we have been educated and amazed at the ludicrous staffing and wage costs.

Lord knows where are headed but one thing for sure, massive urgent changes must be made

Why wait till the 29th surely an immediate meeting should have been held via zoom or such like 

50 minutes ago, Barry Lichter said:

Finally the trainers assn showing some starch , long over due but credit where credit is due . The response from RITA has shown how little respect and i believe contempt they actually have for racing participants . This is the pointy end now , what action owners and trainers take now will decide which direction racing goes for a long time to come . If ever there was a time to withhold product it is now . Don't ask for change , DEMAND it , DEMAND more say in the management of the racing industry , take back control of the industry . Nobody knows more about the deficiencies in NZ racing than industry participants . If we step back now and don't DEMAND more input then i believe the future is doomed .

42 minutes ago, nomates said:

Finally the trainers assn showing some starch , long over due but credit where credit is due . The response from RITA has shown how little respect and i believe contempt they actually have for racing participants . This is the pointy end now , what action owners and trainers take now will decide which direction racing goes for a long time to come . If ever there was a time to withhold product it is now . Don't ask for change , DEMAND it , DEMAND more say in the management of the racing industry , take back control of the industry . Nobody knows more about the deficiencies in NZ racing than industry participants . If we step back now and don't DEMAND more input then i believe the future is doomed .

With hold product , there is no product to with hold , they are all in the paddock . You know the shutdown that comrade cindy implemented .

It's really amazing to see how Ausse racing is going , it might be all we have to punt on in the future who knows but I  do know Australia (27 million ) had 4 new virus cases yesterday , none in Queensland .

8 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Bernard Saundry (always available) done a Facebook answer and question show today.  He had no update to offer from RITA except to say they are working with them in a continuous changing environment.

Yeahh... sound like 2 or 3 weeks before we will have much to go on.

https://www.facebook.com/LOVERACING.NZ/videos/695213127880942/?t=0

1 minute ago, Leggy said:

Yeahh... sound like 2 or 3 weeks before we will have much to go on.

https://www.facebook.com/LOVERACING.NZ/videos/695213127880942/?t=0

Herein lies the issue.  If it 3 weeks, that is the middle of May before you an in a position to make an informed decision re the horse.

19 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

With hold product , there is no product to with hold , they are all in the paddock . You know the shutdown that comrade cindy implemented .

It's really amazing to see how Ausse racing is going , it might be all we have to punt on in the future who knows but I  do know Australia (27 million ) had 4 new virus cases yesterday , none in Queensland .

Ok i'm going to indulge you just this once more , leave them in the paddock , dickhead .

Simply no respect comes from RITA/previously the NZ Racing Board, who obviously have always felt answerable to themselves only.

Hence we all get the middle finger flicked our way - trainers, breeders, owners, NZTR, Harness, Greyhounds, John Messara, and even Winston Peters has been let down.

Everyone's been so nice, for such a long long time, but look how far that has got us. 

And now we pray the runaway train has finally derailed, perhaps even insolvent. This our only realistic hope for a fresh start in actioning John Messara's recommendations.

Time to bring out the mongrel. 

Where are you Peter V'landys when we need you.

The couple I own are not doing anything until we know what the minimum stakes are. Of the few I do have for owners for most are in doubt if to come back or not with only the Yearling the one to come back for certain once we are allowed to. 

Scary times ahead, not good in this household when the better half owns a travel agency so not much happening in her field either! 

Any chance the government might stump up with $20 or $30 million to help racing out .

Racing has it's problems as we all know but it's the lockdown that's pushed it over the edge . Yesterday they handed over $30 million to food banks and the sally's , today the media received $50 million , we are all in this together right , so why not ask , what's good for one is good for all .

Govt won't step up with a dollar.

Offshore their betting, give it to people who know the industry, our lot don't it is as simple as that

We are paying for years of gross mismanagement and the bullshit website is the jewel in the crown of total incompetence

What is happening was always going to happen

26 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Any chance the government might stump up with $20 or $30 million to help racing out .

Racing has it's problems as we all know but it's the lockdown that's pushed it over the edge . Yesterday they handed over $30 million to food banks and the sally's , today the media received $50 million , we are all in this together right , so why not ask , what's good for one is good for all 

Haven't racing had a bit from taxpayer  for the AWT ? 23 mill  I thought it was .That's a decent handout  for any sport , plus the tax credit for high priced yearlings does racing/breeding  really want more tax payer dollars . Lot of shiny arses on big dough according to some of those wage subsidy details . I think they might want the taxpayer reassured the costs are cut first and by a lot , and how long the 17 mill a year goes to Paddy Power needs paying for . 

So 23 mill AWT, 30 mill to feed hungry families . Racing doing alright out taxpayer when it's put in those terms , I like kids to have food in their bellies rather than blokes in subsidised  BMWs pushing paper.  

22 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Haven't racing had a bit from taxpayer  for the AWT ? 23 mill  I thought it was .That's a decent handout  for any sport , plus the tax credit for high priced yearlings does racing/breeding  really want more tax payer dollars . Lot of shiny arses on big dough according to some of those wage subsidy details . I think they might want the taxpayer reassured the costs are cut first and by a lot , and how long the 17 mill a year goes to Paddy Power needs paying for . 

So 23 mill AWT, 30 mill to feed hungry families . Racing doing alright out taxpayer when it's put in those terms , I like kids to have food in their bellies rather than blokes in subsidised  BMWs pushing paper.  

Great, that's perception not reality.

The majority in the racing industry are on the bones of their arse already, many getting paid slightly above minimum wage at best for early starts and hard graft.

Do you throw those people on the scrap heap as well?

Many of the industry's people will struggle to get another job quickly, better to keep those people employed and supporting others rather than confining them to handouts like the hungry families you refer too. They are not mutually exclusive you know.

Give them the cash and appoint an intelligent person/s to sort out the mess once and for all, now is not the time to flog off assets at rock bottom, if we are not confident this can be turned around then so be it, cast it all aside. I believe it can be very successful with decent visionary leadership the likes of which hasn't been evident for yrs.

Good post Barry

No one wants industry participants on the scrap heap and I am sure RR will agree as he shares that view.

But tell me where the hell are we headed and in my mind it is 10 minutes to midnight. 

I find the response to Pikes email arrogantly unbelievable. We will come back to you in a week, really FO and get in the real world of Level 4.

And their arrogant response addresses the attitude over the last 7 or 8 years

The game is stuffed, drop the curtains as it is all over - finito

I fully understand business Stables, and if you genuinely think for a moment the world is fine, take a couple of hours out and read the last Annual Report, suggest you have a bottle of vino nearby to celebrate whatever you take out of it