RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pickel

Call to bring back Nomination Fees

I am told that on a Greyhound Facebook page there is a discussion regarding bringing back Nomination Fees.

I am thinking that what they really want is for each trainer's first 10 or 20 noms per meeting to be Free, anything over that say $50 per nom.

Surely this would get through an AGM with around 95% support.

13 hours ago, freightman said:

Great idea. Let’s take step back 20 years   Dumb idea. 

Freightman - you might still have a touch of concussion from your fall in the '84 Derby.

There is a not-so-subtle point of difference here - 20 years ago everyone paid noms. 

The suggestion here is that a trainer's first say 12 noms at a meeting are free, and payment only required from number 13 onward. 

So it would be free noms for nearly everyone.

5 hours ago, mrzim said:

What’s so bad about it.

Harness has had  no nominations for 10 years or more. Galloping has just dropped them and also paying back to 14th   We race for less money and people think we should pay nominations fees. That’s called sweepstake races. 

Nothing to do with cole what's so ever did you read what i said it was bought up by chch club members and it has to do with what i understand gap which cole dont no much about 

Are you still the bookie if so should you be having anything to do with cole

On 5/10/2020 at 10:46 AM, Jape said:

Such as, Lowdown?

Gee where do I start Jape? Broad question...to a broad statement, which I guess was your point.

It was more of a comment to freightman who seems to suggest that doing something that's been done in the past is a bad idea, which I didn't necessarily agree with, sometimes we need to look back and say what was going better, what were we doing better?

Anyway...what was going better 20 years ago....hmm

- the racing industry 

- obesity rates

- air quality

- the White House

- the racing industry