RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Check out all the draft race dates

46 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

I thought he had left HRNZ some time ago or has he resurfaced in a new position Majestic?

Greg

He has been working part-time for RITA for 2 or 3 months

1 hour ago, Mikie said:

He has been working part-time for RITA for 2 or 3 months

Thanks Mikie, just caught up with his latest foray into racing admin. I wonder if some at HRNZ might be feeling a touch uneasy given the way he was treated when there

Greg

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Thanks Mikie, just caught up with his latest foray into racing admin. I wonder if some at HRNZ might be feeling a touch uneasy given the way he was treated when there

Greg

Treated badly...really....?? He was there a long time, I had dealings with him. Some of the staffing decisions there were questionable to say the least.

49 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Treated badly...really....?? He was there a long time, I had dealings with him. Some of the staffing decisions there were questionable to say the least.

Were  they as bad as the board  ones.

Greg

On 4/22/2020 at 12:46 PM, eljay said:

No Mikie - instead not as well.    Addington could race Monday or Tuesday for their second meeting.      Or even Wednesday :rcfe-cool:

I would have thought that Monday Tuesday and perhaps wednesday would be set aside for trials/workouts so that horses coming back would be fit for racing at a later date. Otherwise no racing till August when there are enough horses fit enough after their layoff.

On 4/22/2020 at 12:46 PM, eljay said:

No Mikie - instead not as well.    Addington could race Monday or Tuesday for their second meeting.      Or even Wednesday :rcfe-cool:

I would have thought that Monday Tuesday and perhaps wednesday would be set aside for trials/workouts so that horses coming back would be fit for racing at a later date. Otherwise no racing till August when there are enough horses fit enough after their layoff.

6 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Line up his years at HRNZ alongside all the different CEO's at Thoroughbred Racing, the Greyhounds and the NZRB

There would be no comparison.

I can't think of a single 1 that I would have ahead of him (John Allen, Glenda, any Australian you care to name) plus he was paid less than every other one in those other positions

Just because "he" hires someone you don't like doesn't really count against him

Mikie

1 hour ago, Mikie said:

Line up his years at HRNZ alongside all the different CEO's at Thoroughbred Racing, the Greyhounds and the NZRB

There would be no comparison.

I can't think of a single 1 that I would have ahead of him (John Allen, Glenda, any Australian you care to name) plus he was paid less than every other one in those other positions

Just because "he" hires someone you don't like doesn't really count against him

Mikie

Should have been a Bank Manager...HRNZ went exactly where Mikie...about as far as Addington......??

Andrew Morris as NZ Handicapper.....??!! I rest my case.....:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Should have been a Bank Manager...HRNZ went exactly where Mikie...about as far as Addington......??

Andrew Morris as NZ Handicapper.....??!! I rest my case.....:rolleyes:

HRNZ went better then the Thoroughbreds, the Greyhounds and the NZRB didn't they

I'll make an exception for Jim Leach, good man, RIP

On 4/22/2020 at 12:36 PM, Mikie said:

Eljay

Due to horse numbers Addington will be racing on Sundays

How could Auckland race on Sundays as well?

Mikie

Would make Multis more interesting and keep punters engaged with 12 - 13 minute intervals with  2 local meetings on Sundays 

10 hours ago, kilcoyne said:

Believe that Cambridge had trials on before racing. Means cost of travelling to course down to one day andeverybody that is required there too.

7 hours ago, 2Piper said:

Believe that Cambridge had trials on before racing. Means cost of travelling to course down to one day andeverybody that is required there too.

That been the norm there for many years.     For some reason Auckland wont wear it except for 2 year olds when Auckland want them for a race the following week.  

9 hours ago, 2Piper said:

When you normally have 15 odd heats of workouts and trials when are you going to find time to squeeze them in before an 8 race meeting??

2 hours ago, kilcoyne said:

When you normally have 15 odd heats of workouts and trials when are you going to find time to squeeze them in before an 8 race meeting??

No you wrong - in the North anyway.     Trials - i.e. those that need a stipe - are for qualifying purposes only.    All others go to workouts both Pukekohe and Cambridge and are usually on Saturdays.     Therefore trials before the races are for qualifying purposes only.

3 hours ago, eljay said:

No you wrong - in the North anyway.     Trials - i.e. those that need a stipe - are for qualifying purposes only.    All others go to workouts both Pukekohe and Cambridge and are usually on Saturdays.     Therefore trials before the races are for qualifying purposes only.

Yes I know that Lloyd. I ve been to both in North and South Islands.  My Point is the numbers involved eg March figures Trials in Auckland  3 trials at Puke total entries 16 Cambridge 3 trial entries 12  In the south at Rangiora 12 trials 62 entries Ingi;ll 7 trials 26 entries

workouts for March Auck 9 in total for 29 entries and 12 with 54 entries, Cambridge 6  with 31 entries but Canterbury at the Mot 6 with 30 entries.

So I cant see how the suggestion that trials/workouts could be run before the races and would have to be held on non race days ie Monday Tuesday and Wednesdays

Qualifying trials kilkoyne - qualifying trials.   Not for horses already qualified.     Because they dont need a stipe.     If you have just 2 horses to qualify and you run them at Pukekohe you have to provide a stipe and a licensed judge but if run before races these personel are there for the meeting.   OK?

21 hours ago, 2Piper said:

Would make Multis more interesting and keep punters engaged with 12 - 13 minute intervals with  2 local meetings on Sundays 

Plus it would decimate the combined T'O's as has happened on Friday nights

2 hours ago, Mikie said:

Plus it would decimate the combined T'O's as has happened on Friday nights

Do you really think  that would be the case ? Sunday is day of rest , no rugby to turn to. Most Fridays prior to covid had rugby competing and end of work day traffic / takeaways / date night. Simply more distractions.

Ps.  Anyone done figures for Aussie meetings on Friday night ?

13 hours ago, 2Piper said:

Do you really think  that would be the case ? Sunday is day of rest , no rugby to turn to. Most Fridays prior to covid had rugby competing and end of work day traffic / takeaways / date night. Simply more distractions.

Ps.  Anyone done figures for Aussie meetings on Friday night ?

Yes I really think that

I'd even go so far as to say I know that

Rugby isn't on every Friday night, there have previously been many examples of the 2 Clubs racing on Friday nights with no Rugby

The drop in T/O was felt immediately upon switching to 2 Clubs racing on a Friday night and never recovered, just got worse

ATC has been approached many times about not racing on a Friday in the past, their response has always been "oh no, we are too busy with functions to race on a Saturday"

That's tripe, the usual race night crowd wouldn't tax their Function rooms

In any case having 2 Harness meetings on a regular basis on a Sunday wouldn't even be contemplated with gallops to fit in too (evebtually)

Mikie

20 hours ago, eljay said:

Qualifying trials kilkoyne - qualifying trials.   Not for horses already qualified.     Because they dont need a stipe.     If you have just 2 horses to qualify and you run them at Pukekohe you have to provide a stipe and a licensed judge but if run before races these personel are there for the meeting.   OK?

and the horses that are already qualified get a  run where??? or do they just go straight into a race field without a workout or trial run.  AS I ve already said you wont have workouts run prior to the start of a race meeting hence the open days Monday to Wednesday to accomodate them  with no racing those days.  Addington with the bigger horse population available gets 2 race days compared to the North getting 1 per week.

25 minutes ago, 2Piper said:

Now that the dates are confirmed , does the Met Multiplier and Breeders Bonus  still available from NZMTC ?

No, I don't think so

I'm sure that I saw a Press Release to that effect

Mikie