RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Barry Lichter

Check out all the draft race dates

Good work Barry Lichter.....with your background and experience you would be a good person to be an advocate to help sort out some of the issues facing racing ,in particular Harness in the North.

Plus ,I sense a bit of youthful enthusiasm there !

Maybe someone who could gather the facts , and create some collaboration among the various factions.

Sorry if this post brings some knockers ,but I'm sure you used to that !

15 minutes ago, eljay said:

Harness shafted as usual 

And of course Addington get the choice of dates.      

But for the first meetings there will probably be no patrons allowed on course anyway

Hard to disagree with dates Lloyd ,when Addington has a ton more horses and prior to lockdown must have been doing much better with TAB as more fields and bigger fields.

Plus ,one assumes an inventory of horses done recently ,hence Addington gets 2 x weekly dates.

The ATC needs to be proactive when racing restarts to ensure they make an impression and show they need to be taken seriously in the new season.

The club should be in constant communication with ALL trainers , not just the chosen few IMO.

1 hour ago, eljay said:

Harness shafted as usual 

And of course Addington get the choice of dates.      

But for the first meetings there will probably be no patrons allowed on course anyway

Can't really agree with you Eljay

Having 2 meetings on a Friday night isn't financially worthwhile

The choice then became does Auckland race on a Saturday night and compete with the Aussie gallops, or go to a Thursday?

As a subsequent poster has pointed out Canterbury's sheer numbers made them a monty for Fridays, and a 'shoo-in' for 2 days a week

Mikie

Jeez!! Who in there right mind would want to go to Invercargill in the middle of winter . For me that is five and half

hour trip ,and as they are daytime have to go night before ,night in motel  and more than likely way reduced stakes ,

so my horses can go back paddock , because apparently I am in southern region(yet to be confirmed) and that's where I have to go.

Forbury would make more sense only 2 hours travel from both sides .

14 hours ago, Mikie said:

Can't really agree with you Eljay

Having 2 meetings on a Friday night isn't financially worthwhile

The choice then became does Auckland race on a Saturday night and compete with the Aussie gallops, or go to a Thursday?

As a subsequent poster has pointed out Canterbury's sheer numbers made them a monty for Fridays, and a 'shoo-in' for 2 days a week

Mikie

Then surely if numbers less in North  a factor then wouldn't Sunday afternoon be preferable to Wednesday night  afterall there will be no one on track and as I've said before why turn the floodlights on, which are not cheap, when they not necessary.       

3 hours ago, eljay said:

Then surely if numbers less in North  a factor then wouldn't Sunday afternoon be preferable to Wednesday night  afterall there will be no one on track and as I've said before why turn the floodlights on, which are not cheap, when they not necessary.       

Lloyd , it kinda obvious that Addington got first bite of the cherry ,and possibly the second bite as well.

And it is hard to argue with that result.....for the time being any way.

We need to remember this should be only temporary and the North needs to prove they are worthy and capable of securing the best possible dates /time to race .

They must be well represented at the table when decisions made and surely its in HRNZ's interest to get the best outcome for Harness and its performance at the TAB.

This intitial program is to get things up and running.

It won't suit everyone and only one meeting in North per week is not good for a lot of participants e.g. drivers ,juniors.

I heard not all trainers were consulted on things like available horses ,so unless the North gets motivated they/we will be left in the dust.

Its a new ballgame !

You snooze ,you lose !

4 hours ago, eljay said:

Eljay

Due to horse numbers Addington will be racing on Sundays

How could Auckland race on Sundays as well?

Mikie

Gary, you know as well as I that the phone list in the North only has 5 or 6 names on it.    The North don't snooze - they are in a constant deep sleep.     The old boys breakfast club in headquarters has to be broken up - and even a slight ripple can cause them to react violently.     We saw what happened to Richard. 

2 hours ago, eljay said:

No Mikie - instead not as well.    Addington could race Monday or Tuesday for their second meeting.      Or even Wednesday :rcfe-cool:

Are you being serious or just taking the piss?

If you are being serious it would seem to be a pointless exercise debating matters with you

Mr McKinnon believes that 97 horses entitles his Club to a raceday each week

If that is the criteria then Addington should have 3 or 4 meetings a week, not 2, because there would be 300+ ready in Canterbury by June

11 minutes ago, eljay said:

In what respect?       

You are suggesting that it would be more profitable for the industry, ie that's all of us, for Addington to race on a Monday afternoon rather than a Sunday afternoon?

Parochialism is ok, stupidity is not

As a Waikato owner that races horses at both northern venues, I'm pretty disappointed in the ATC. At the very time when all participants should be pulling together to help our industry back to the track asap they are attempting to undermine Cambridge. 

48 minutes ago, Nelli said:

As a Waikato owner that races horses at both northern venues, I'm pretty disappointed in the ATC. At the very time when all participants should be pulling together to help our industry back to the track asap they are attempting to undermine Cambridge. 

Likewise Nelli , if ever the 2 x Northern Clubs should be working together it is now , but sadly they don't seem to understand.

Being ranked alongside Cambridge and sharing alternate Thursday nights should have been a wake up call, a call to action for the ATC.

The city slickers in suits talking up $20k -$30k minimum stakes ranked alongside the $7-$8k stakes battlers .

They really need to get together collaborate and prepare a plan together to try and resuscitate Harness in the North.

Together .......it was hopeless them having two nights some weeks but seemingly  not working in .

Why get your tits in a tangle.

This is only a draft and if anyone has been involved with dates committees you will realise that there is time and room for changes.

Consultation finalisation date is April 28th.

Final calendar about May 4th according to Edward Rennell

Even then clubs can still consult amongst themselves to bring about venue changes and race on dates allocated to their code where they see betterment for the code.

Don't hear any complaints from the south.