RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
uneasy

Riu

Ok I’m right at the front line of this game, from a South Island point of view I thought we were well served with RIU staff, Overall Mark Davidson, David Wadley, Nigel McIntyre ( both codes) and a couple of assistants do a good job and are kept busy. I believed the reason Oatham went up and down the country was because there was a shortage of staff but on these figures I am so out of touch with reality. The RIU should be the subject of an immediate investigation. I am not saying anything negative about the above persons but rather about how many must be doing FA behind the front line the figures are ridiculous and I’m sure are as big a shock to the above as they are to you and me

So plenty of employees at RIU doing the what can I get out of this job, rather than what can I do for this org. Is it no different than Auck city council staff? the chief exe earns 698k, 4 earn above 400k,5 more over 350k,6 more over 300k and 129 staff over 240k. Now I'm all for being well rewarded for effort, but RIU are failing. Of course one can expect other councils to be the same. RIU have had a good gravy train where questions of positions and output have not been questioned, or performance related it would seem.  How does this mess get sorted??

6 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

How many school lunches would that buy Barry .. or should I say how many kids don’t get a lunch because of the RIU pokie parasites ???

Pokie money should go to the community  , Womens refuge , kids sport , kids health, mental health , the homeless  , suicide prevention , AA and GA to make up for the harm it causes some of these people . It don't sit well it goes to a professional sport that should sustain itself,  cut cloth to what's coming in . I really don't understand how it goes a pro sports direction . 

3 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Pokie money should go to the community  , Womens refuge , kids sport , kids health, mental health , the homeless  , suicide prevention , AA and GA to make up for the harm it causes some of these people . It don't sit well it goes to a professional sport that should sustain itself,  cut cloth to what's coming in . I really don't understand how it goes a pro sports direction . 

It's a travesty and should not be restored. This is the government opportunity to reclaim those funds for those sort of community benefits or leave the darn things shut down for ever.

9 minutes ago, Leggy said:

It's a travesty and should not be restored. This is the government opportunity to reclaim those funds for those sort of community benefits or leave the darn things shut down for ever.

That's a bloody good thought either way, but how can such a thought be implemented, and by whom? :rcfe-like:

On 4/21/2020 at 1:58 AM, uneasy said:

Ok I’m right at the front line of this game, from a South Island point of view I thought we were well served with RIU staff, Overall Mark Davidson, David Wadley, Nigel McIntyre ( both codes) and a couple of assistants do a good job and are kept busy. I believed the reason Oatham went up and down the country was because there was a shortage of staff but on these figures I am so out of touch with reality. The RIU should be the subject of an immediate investigation. I am not saying anything negative about the above persons but rather about how many must be doing FA behind the front line the figures are ridiculous and I’m sure are as big a shock to the above as they are to you and me

Michael,i will tell you the reason why J Oatham was based in the SI.

He went down there to look after his daughter who had just had a baby.

Now, this is very noble, but he was appointed as the Head Steward(Northern), my argument if he could to the job from Christchurch, that is good, but if he wanted to do the big meetings up North, he should pay his own way, but this would never happen, as the RIU has been reckless with their finances, even having to pay 12k to me(which still went to my Barrister) plus the 5k i had to pay,after 3 telephone conferences, where it was clearly indicated that the charges laid had no chance of succeeding, plus the Legal bill for the RIU must have been over 20k, as my Barrister said it was done at mates rates.

This organization has been to allowed to create this monster, with costs increasing year on year.I would like to know how many members of the RIU, have actually run there own business and are aware that when an Industry/business is struggling, the solution would be to decrease expenditure,NOT INCREASE IT.

Anyway, Michael,i know you are not a party type of guy, so I am picking you are thinking about you business and staff at 2am and what the future will hold,Good Luck

It must come to an end

10 hours ago, Midget said:

This organization has been to allowed to create this monster, with costs increasing year on year.I would like to know how many members of the RIU, have actually run there own business and are aware that when an Industry/business is struggling, the solution would be to decrease expenditure,NOT INCREASE IT.

Anyway, Michael,i know you are not a party type of guy, so I am picking you are thinking about you business and staff at 2am and what the future will hold,Good Luck

It must come to an end

I get back to my favourite topic. viz. The TAB/Racing Board/RITA or whatever is a $450million enterprise not a $2.5 billion enterprise. Compare Silver Farms Ltd enterprise with co-operative 16,000 farms, up to 7000 employees who this year reported $2.6 billion revenue. On that basis NZTAB employees must be absolute geniuses with 500 producing $2.5billion revenue but we know they are not.

So what we have is a bunch of lawyers and others who expect a massive income from some dodgy university degree infiltrating racing and feasting off it. Wow TAB is is a $2.5 Billion business they can afford us. And so many have been conned by this cynical deception.

On 4/21/2020 at 9:27 AM, arjay said:

So plenty of employees at RIU doing the what can I get out of this job, rather than what can I do for this org. Is it no different than Auck city council staff? the chief exe earns 698k, 4 earn above 400k,5 more over 350k,6 more over 300k and 129 staff over 240k. Now I'm all for being well rewarded for effort, but RIU are failing. Of course one can expect other councils to be the same. RIU have had a good gravy train where questions of positions and output have not been questioned, or performance related it would seem.  How does this mess get sorted??

Over the last 20/25 years thIs sort of crap has been replicated everywhere. The TAB (RITA),  NZTR, Councils especially the Super City. In fact anywhere a certain group of self interested people can feather their own nest. 
Do I need to go on?

4 minutes ago, Disillusioned said:

Scooby, I have long since learnt to utterly disregard any treatise that includes words/phrases like 'allegedly' (and this piece does that twice), 'seems', 'it is believed', 'apparently' and the biggest lie of all: 'sources tell me'...

Yes but he is causing grief for the person concerned and what he has stated is a blatant lie.

Ah, indeed, Scooby - and particularly if (as I don't know) the individual being accused is easily identifable.

And this sort of thing is, seemingly, part of the new world we live in ... where even a Prime Minister is calling on us all to dob in our neighbours. I'm not a fan...

Edited by Disillusioned
Can't type to save myself!

On 4/22/2020 at 7:11 PM, slam dunk said:

I get back to my favourite topic. viz. The TAB/Racing Board/RITA or whatever is a $450million enterprise not a $2.5 billion enterprise. Compare Silver Farms Ltd enterprise with co-operative 16,000 farms, up to 7000 employees who this year reported $2.6 billion revenue. On that basis NZTAB employees must be absolute geniuses with 500 producing $2.5billion revenue but we know they are not.

So what we have is a bunch of lawyers and others who expect a massive income from some dodgy university degree infiltrating racing and feasting off it. Wow TAB is is a $2.5 Billion business they can afford us. And so many have been conned by this cynical deception.

This must rank as one of the most deluded posts ever , and it attracted a like !

Apart from the wild guesses at numbers and names , comparing the TAB with Silver Ferns Farms gotta be some sort of joke.

I did some work in the office of that Farm co-op when it was called PPCS [Primary Producers] ,so have kept an eye on it over the years.

It is a totally different beast to the TAB ,being a co-op of over 16,000 farms which join for  meat processing ,distribution ,exporting and marketing AND it has a somewhat shaky history including secret transactions and financial difficulties with debt and is now partly owned by the Chinese. Even up to 2-3 years ago it had 'loss' years .WOW !

$2.5 billion revenue ,running at a loss ......great comparison SD ....do some research. Out of Dunedin ! Three Otago farmers on Board ,all with Uni degrees , but obviously not shonky as it doing well at moment.

But first SD explain why the TAB's mention of its $2.77 billion sales/turnover upsets you so much ?

Methinks that in  about 1980 you applied for a job at TAB , armed with your experience of Harness analyst with Bill Waterhouse  and they  saw the chip on your shoulder and showed you the door !

In 1980 you were probably earning $10k a year....do you realise a minimum wage earner with a few extras earns $50k a year now.?

But tell us the history behind your favourite topic....the definition of turnover ,sales , gross betting revenue etc....need to get of the chip !

You obviously missed out on University. Sad ,it can be a place where pebbles are polished or diamonds dimmed.Often not always necessary .