RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ragamuffin

Why Racing way down Winnie's $$$ queue

Hillary Clinton in NZ, Gets Another $5.5 Million of Your Money
When Hillary Rodham Clinton is involved, it's a question of "What do you want first, the bad news or the really bad news?"

Let's start with the worst bit of old news: over the last 5 years, your government has given $8 million to an affiliate of the Clinton Foundation, which is under FBI investigation for corruption.

The next bit of bad news is that they're getting $5.5 million more of your money in the next year. Don't worry too much though, it's all going to help cure diarrhea in Africa. Promise.

The Foundation is currently under investigation by the FBI over the way it obtained donations while Hillary Clinton was US Secretary of State – the same period in which the New Zealand Government began giving the initiative money.

Peters is happier giving our hard earnt $$ to a woman who for many years backed her paedophile Chief of Staff than to help Racing

I have not looked at the oxidation pond site for years, but jeaz.., Racecafe is really full of Boomers and Geriatrics who spend all their time on Infowars and Fox news conspiracy theories. This has no relevance to racing, and is part of Winston Peter's other responsibilities. Probably very well spent international aid with a very highly rated foundation. I am not particularly interested in Hillary Clinton, but as a fair observer of media manipulation, misinformation cyber wars being fought, mostly not for the New Zealand audience, so why would you get emotionally involved. Hillary Clinton is always under investigation. It is just used as something for the right wing nutjobs to rail about, Hillary Clinton is under investigation by the FBI. She has been investigated so many times, and they all lead to nothing, but she is still needed as the boogey woman, to announce and rage some conspiracy theory, with she is under investigation. Even Barr and the DOJ, released again recently, that their latest investigation of Hillary Clinton had nothing. Like something like 20 other investigations. Benghazi nothing after something like 7, where she openly stood before congress or the house, for 12-16hours of questioning from Republicans, and answered everything clearly and openly. Imagine Trump answering questions under oath? Emails, nothing. All boring, standard government communication. Go read them all, nothing. She is al most irrelevant now, so AOC is becoming the new bogey woman for them to scream and rage about. Hillary Clinton is basically a boring, but competent and intelligent bureaucrat. Very well read and knowledgeable on the subjects. What they hate most, an intelligent woman. Investigation after investigation, nothing. Look at the pattern.   

15 minutes ago, SavetheShire said:

I have not looked at the oxidation pond site for years, but jeaz.., Racecafe is really full of Boomers and Geriatrics who spend all their time on Infowars and Fox news conspiracy theories. This has no relevance to racing, and is part of Winston Peter's other responsibilities. Probably very well spent international aid with a very highly rated foundation. I am not particularly interested in Hillary Clinton, but as a fair observer of media manipulation, misinformation cyber wars being fought, mostly not for the New Zealand audience, so why would you get emotionally involved. Hillary Clinton is always under investigation. It is just used as something for the right wing nutjobs to rail about, Hillary Clinton is under investigation by the FBI. She has been investigated so many times, and they all lead to nothing, but she is still needed as the boogey woman, to announce and rage some conspiracy theory, with she is under investigation. Even Barr and the DOJ, released again recently, that their latest investigation of Hillary Clinton had nothing. Like something like 20 other investigations. Benghazi nothing after something like 7, where she openly stood before congress or the house, for 12-16hours of questioning from Republicans, and answered everything clearly and openly. Imagine Trump answering questions under oath? Emails, nothing. All boring, standard government communication. Go read them all, nothing. She is al most irrelevant now, so AOC is becoming the new bogey woman for them to scream and rage about. Hillary Clinton is basically a boring, but competent and intelligent bureaucrat. Very well read and knowledgeable on the subjects. What they hate most, an intelligent woman. Investigation after investigation, nothing. Look at the pattern.   

She may well be as you claim, intelligent well, in some areas she should be for the positions she's held,  but I detest any woman who abuses women as she did purely due to husband can't keep his Dik outa places, an intelligent woman would have directed that anger toward the DIK she married & stays with, rather than walk.  She may well have met a match who is prepared to do what it takes as he has with media & those abusing their position, time will tell, corruption is rife everywhere.  BTW, I'm no boomer or geriatric, just a seeker of "truth", sifting thru bullshit is the time killer.  Plenty to wipe off Winnie, sucked many in, IMHO & $$ should be going to NZ b4 ever leaving our shores, with racing in the state it is, ALL those responsible for it's decline should be held to account, not holding breathe on that 1.

On 4/20/2020 at 8:48 AM, Ragamuffin said:

Hillary Clinton in NZ, Gets Another $5.5 Million of Your Money
When Hillary Rodham Clinton is involved, it's a question of "What do you want first, the bad news or the really bad news?"

Let's start with the worst bit of old news: over the last 5 years, your government has given $8 million to an affiliate of the Clinton Foundation, which is under FBI investigation for corruption.

The next bit of bad news is that they're getting $5.5 million more of your money in the next year. Don't worry too much though, it's all going to help cure diarrhea in Africa. Promise.

The Foundation is currently under investigation by the FBI over the way it obtained donations while Hillary Clinton was US Secretary of State – the same period in which the New Zealand Government began giving the initiative money.

Peters is happier giving our hard earnt $$ to a woman who for many years backed her paedophile Chief of Staff than to help Racing

given your post and your thinking is well behind the times...

how do you come to the conclusion that Winston had anything to do with supporting Hillary Clinton??

Read this...  https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO1910/S00083/government-pulls-pin-on-clinton-foundation-funding.htm

https://www.taxpayers.org.nz/clinton_funding_pulled

and tell me were scoop NZ & the Taxpayers union deceiving people?? or are you simply mis-informed

On 4/20/2020 at 10:10 AM, Ragamuffin said:

She may well be as you claim, intelligent well, in some areas she should be for the positions she's held,  but I detest any woman who abuses women as she did purely due to husband can't keep his Dik outa places, an intelligent woman would have directed that anger toward the DIK she married & stays with, rather than walk.  She may well have met a match who is prepared to do what it takes as he has with media & those abusing their position, time will tell, corruption is rife everywhere.  BTW, I'm no boomer or geriatric, just a seeker of "truth", sifting thru bullshit is the time killer.  Plenty to wipe off Winnie, sucked many in, IMHO & $$ should be going to NZ b4 ever leaving our shores, with racing in the state it is, ALL those responsible for it's decline should be held to account, not holding breathe on that 1.

Another Village Idiot has surfaced.....:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Peters will probably use the shutdown as a means to tell us why he aint fixed racing but if you vote N Z First next election he will sort it.

Stevie Wonder could have seen this shutdown would be the vehicle to blame racing ills on , coming at a time most big yards are winding down . If TAB was belly up before it won't take too much of an accountant to see through that bullshit. 

When a meeting gets canned why do they not put on an extra meeting to replace it  if it's making so much money , why ballot a load of horses in South not run 9 or 10 race cards if domestic racing making so much coin for them  , so if putting on an extra race at Timaru would cost them too much but they then lost money because no domestic racing meaning they don't pay out any stakemoney during that time or running costs to put meeting on  , it seems to be a arguement against their own arguement not to put in extra races .They should in theory have more money since the shutdown, punters are betting all over the show in Aust , even CT put up a Narromine tip the other day , FFS Narromine,  where the hell is it .

it many ways the tab may well be doing ok without local racing, it may well be soon that they also close sole tab shops, i aint been in one 4 years and when i was there only one person there playing pokies, there is one question i would like an answer for though, how did they survive in the days before sports betting, a heap of overseas racing and usually one race meeting 4 the country midweek,and everything was probably better, gee times have changed.

2 hours ago, mikenz said:

it many ways the tab may well be doing ok without local racing, it may well be soon that they also close sole tab shops, i aint been in one 4 years and when i was there only one person there playing pokies, there is one question i would like an answer for though, how did they survive in the days before sports betting, a heap of overseas racing and usually one race meeting 4 the country midweek,and everything was probably better, gee times have changed.

Free to air racing on TV , you could ring up and put a $1 bet on , you would speak to a person when you rang to put a bet on . Then it changed to pay to view thru Sky TV , You then had to have a minimum spend when you rang up and talked to an operator , then they got rid of operators and you had to use touch tone . All these killed off a huge percentage of older and lower socio ecomomic spenders .It didn't matter they couldn't afford sky they could at least listen on the radio , but raising minimum spend and then forcing people onto touch tone was all to much . Killed the $1/$2 bettor and then the ones that couldn't get to a TAB couldn't get to grips with touch tone . All these decisions were made apparently to help build their market . How do you think their market reacted ? . I know many elderly people who have stopped betting over the last 10 or so years as these strategies were implimented . 

On 4/29/2020 at 1:48 PM, nomates said:

Free to air racing on TV , you could ring up and put a $1 bet on , you would speak to a person when you rang to put a bet on . Then it changed to pay to view thru Sky TV , You then had to have a minimum spend when you rang up and talked to an operator , then they got rid of operators and you had to use touch tone . All these killed off a huge percentage of older and lower socio ecomomic spenders .It didn't matter they couldn't afford sky they could at least listen on the radio , but raising minimum spend and then forcing people onto touch tone was all to much . Killed the $1/$2 bettor and then the ones that couldn't get to a TAB couldn't get to grips with touch tone . All these decisions were made apparently to help build their market . How do you think their market reacted ? . I know many elderly people who have stopped betting over the last 10 or so years as these strategies were implimented . 

They don't listen, no different to them wanting to close down tracks-clueless. They think they are building a mirror image of Australia/Asia when we should be focusing on out own little niche in NZ.

1 hour ago, Huey said:

They don't listen, no different to them wanting to close down tracks-clueless. They think they are building a mirror image of Australia/Asia when we should be focusing on out own little niche in NZ.

They didn't go and ask punters before making above changes to operations and viewing , they didn't talk to coal face industry participants before track closure decisions . At the least have a conversation with your customers and the people that have some understanding of the product before you make changes . I wouldn't have minded if they had shown the management ability to get most decisions right in the past but they haven't , it's like the word " consultation ' is a dirty word . 

On 4/29/2020 at 10:06 AM, 6xes said:

And just so we are clear.... the Funding for the Clinton Foundation initiatives were done in 2014...  who was running the country during that time i wonder?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12274531

Winston Peters put a stop to it!!

Get it right!!

Is this right enough for you

7 MAY 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

A subsidiary of the controversial Clinton Foundation is set to receive US$3.9m (NZ$5.5m) in taxpayer money in 2018/19, the New Zealand Taxpayers’ Union can confirm. This is in addition to NZ$8m given to the organisation since 2014.

3 hours ago, Ragamuffin said:

Is this right enough for you

7 MAY 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

A subsidiary of the controversial Clinton Foundation is set to receive US$3.9m (NZ$5.5m) in taxpayer money in 2018/19, the New Zealand Taxpayers’ Union can confirm. This is in addition to NZ$8m given to the organisation since 2014.

As your post indicates... This is in addition to NZ$8m given to the organisation since 2014 

this should indicate to anyone that is familiar with which party was in power during 2014...

now correct me if im wrong.... Was Winston the Deputy Priminister during 2014???

So if Winston Peters was NOT in power during that time...  how is he to blame for the decisions of the Administration of the previous Government.. namely National

and so time is brought forward to 2018 and the NZ tax payers union brings the issue forward... what did Winston do in response to the NZ tax payers union issue being highlighted??

The question you should be asking... is who during 2014 sought to give NZ taxpayer money to Clinton Foundation?? 

Does anyone really know??

On 5/1/2020 at 12:48 PM, nomates said:

They didn't go and ask punters before making above changes to operations and viewing , they didn't talk to coal face industry participants before track closure decisions . At the least have a conversation with your customers and the people that have some understanding of the product before you make changes . I wouldn't have minded if they had shown the management ability to get most decisions right in the past but they haven't , it's like the word " consultation ' is a dirty word . 

nomates...You have so much Common Sense it's scary and your posts are some of the best I've seen here on RaceCafe for many years! :rcfe-like:
You could run the racing industry by yourself!

Enjoy your posts keep up your good work!

16 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

nomates...You have so much Common Sense it's scary and your posts are some of the best I've seen here on RaceCafe for many years! :rcfe-like:
You could run the racing industry by yourself!

Enjoy your posts keep up your good work!

Mate you've got me blushing , i do appreciate the kind words . But seriously the words you use , " common sense " , are what it's all about . I certainly don't think i'm alone in my thoughts and i know and have stated on here many times that there are many racing people who could do a better job than those who are presently tasked with the job simply because they understand racing . Mainly because they have got their hands dirty doing the everyday tasks that being involved with horse racing entails . They understand horse racing at ground zero . 

There are many posters on here who have trained , owned , bred , administered , officiated , ridden horses . You name it , there is someone posting on here with knowledge of it  . The biggest problem i see with people managing racing is they don't engage with industry participants enough . I for one don't know all the fixes , but i do have some ideas , whether they are doable is another thing , but if everybody was involved in the discussion the industry would find more solves than not . Most of the solves are "common sense" . Continuing to do the same thing makes sure you continue to get the same results . Something has to change . 

There is a place for the suits in racing but for me when it comes to racing decisions the best people are racing people . I simply cannot remember the last time NZ gallops had a true blue , been there , done that racing person . So for me the problem for racing is SUITS hiring SUITS hiring more SUITS .

If you really want to understand how little the people making the decisions lack understanding of their product you just have to look at what's dished up on trackside . Countless inane races from all parts of the world that produce very little turnover , WHY ? because they have the image of all punters being sat around TV's at home or TAB's hanging out , desperate even , to put a bet on the next race to come along , desperate for their next little fix , prepared to gamble on anything to get it . If they understood that for the majority that is not even close to reality then they simply wouldn't serve up this shite . They are completely out of touch with what their customers really want . QUALITY .

Ok rant over , cheers .

p.s. you might gather i'm not a fan of suits , and not just in racing .

I am starting to hear stories of massive redundancies in big organisations of non essential, non productive, often PC positions. The environment is right to eliminate a lot of the deadwood in the racing industry and get back to racing people running racing. I doubt anyone would tolerate someone like the shot-putter being foisted on the industry again.

6 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I am starting to hear stories of massive redundancies in big organisations of non essential, non productive, often PC positions. The environment is right to eliminate a lot of the deadwood in the racing industry and get back to racing people running racing. I doubt anyone would tolerate someone like the shot-putter being foisted on the industry again.

I'm with you on all of that but i simply don't trust the feckers , and if we come out of the present situation and racing continues to be managed along the same lines with no realignment of the various areas that need a good hard look at then we are never going to recover . The industry needs to start cutting it's cloth to fit .

59 minutes ago, nomates said:

Mate you've got me blushing , i do appreciate the kind words . But seriously the words you use , " common sense " , are what it's all about . I certainly don't think i'm alone in my thoughts and i know and have stated on here many times that there are many racing people who could do a better job than those who are presently tasked with the job simply because they understand racing . Mainly because they have got their hands dirty doing the everyday tasks that being involved with horse racing entails . They understand horse racing at ground zero . 

There are many posters on here who have trained , owned , bred , administered , officiated , ridden horses . You name it , there is someone posting on here with knowledge of it  . The biggest problem i see with people managing racing is they don't engage with industry participants enough . I for one don't know all the fixes , but i do have some ideas , whether they are doable is another thing , but if everybody was involved in the discussion the industry would find more solves than not . Most of the solves are "common sense" . Continuing to do the same thing makes sure you continue to get the same results . Something has to change . 

There is a place for the suits in racing but for me when it comes to racing decisions the best people are racing people . I simply cannot remember the last time NZ gallops had a true blue , been there , done that racing person . So for me the problem for racing is SUITS hiring SUITS hiring more SUITS .

If you really want to understand how little the people making the decisions lack understanding of their product you just have to look at what's dished up on trackside . Countless inane races from all parts of the world that produce very little turnover , WHY ? because they have the image of all punters being sat around TV's at home or TAB's hanging out , desperate even , to put a bet on the next race to come along , desperate for their next little fix , prepared to gamble on anything to get it . If they understood that for the majority that is not even close to reality then they simply wouldn't serve up this shite . They are completely out of touch with what their customers really want . QUALITY .

Ok rant over , cheers .

p.s. you might gather i'm not a fan of suits , and not just in racing .

Sorry...but I again agree with every single word and point you have made! We need to go back 30+ years...start from their and take the opposite road the suits have taken since then! :rcf-cool: