RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nicky47

Opie Departing

When being interviewed after winning on Moroneys horse today,he was asked when he was going home.He replied,Tuesday.Go home and decide if to move the family over here.Has he been offered a No 1 stable rider for 1 of the bigger stables???

14 minutes ago, Nicky47 said:

When being interviewed after winning on Moroneys horse today,he was asked when he was going home.He replied,Tuesday.Go home and decide if to move the family over here.Has he been offered a No 1 stable rider for 1 of the bigger stables???

How can he stay , there is a distinct possibility that racing here won't ever recover , society is in deep trouble and the money required to race a horse will be scarce .

15 minutes ago, Nicky47 said:

About time Nicky. He should’ve been over here 12 years ago when Lee Freedman offered him to be stable rider after he won the Oaks on Grand Archway. 

1 minute ago, Ohokaman said:

The article in the Herald 18 months back  swallowed by gary gullible Guerin stating double prize money was never going to age well. Best thing would be they both  apply to have that deleted because everyone knew it was the biggest crock of shit ever produced by a racing game journo . Awful stuff .

8 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

The article in the Herald 18 months back  swallowed by gary gullible Guerin stating double prize money was never going to age well. Best thing would be they both  apply to have that deleted because everyone knew it was the biggest crock of shit ever produced by a racing game journo . Awful stuff .

I hear on National Radio today media commentator Gavin Ellis made mention of Mick Guerin's journalism on the racing pages.

He noted he puts 'human interest' into his racing stories.

It seems like MG is a very talented Journalist .......knows an awful lot about Harness , learning more all the time about gallops and knows a lot of the big players.

Add to this  his knowledge on rugby ,his verbal talents ,he still looks good , he comfortable with MC roles and gets work with League as well and sports in general and one could conclude NZ Racing is lucky to have him.

Brought up on the West Coast , surely the best pedigree around and putting more and more skin into the game with ownership he appears the complete package.

Aussie harness use him and I gather he is currently on deck at Royal Ascot.....WOW !

I often read on here negative comments about his writing , his personality and his pronunciation etc.

Is this just envy ?

Yes I remember he was once sacked by NZ Racing Board.....but that 9 years ago...he well and truly back.

He's very good IMO !

Who said that 

3 minutes ago, Gruff said:

I hear on National Radio today media commentator Gavin Ellis made mention of Mick Guerin's journalism on the racing pages.

It seems like MG is a very talented Journalist .......knows an awful lot about Harness , learning more all the time about gallops and knows a lot of the big players.

Add to this  his knowledge on rugby ,his verbal talents ,he still looks good , he comfortable with MC roles and gets work with League as well and sports in general and one could conclude NZ Racing is lucky to have him.

Brought up on the West Coast , surely the best pedigree around and putting more and more skin into the game with ownership he appears the complete package.

Aussie harness use him and I gather he is currently on deck at Royal Ascot.....WOW !

I often read on here negative comments about his writing , his personality and his pronunciation etc.

Is this just envy ?

Yes I remember he was once sacked by NZ Racing Board.....but that 9 years ago...he well and truly back.

He's very good IMO !

Who said that ?

$25 place multi on offer using Tips from Ohoka,Rummy, Baz ,Ted and Mooseman 

8 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Is this just envy ?

He's very good IMO !

Has  he  got the job to interview the crowd at Royal Ascot this year , roving reporter among the throng , but only this year though , one year only .

That article was a crock and he swallowed it , it's a fail mark big style for a journo , blind freddie could see it was BS .

Don't mind him on TV to be honest there are plenty worse , thought he was Ok on weigh in  but very limited indeed with hard questions .

Not within 10 length of Luke Radich when he was on trackside imho .

58 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Who said that 

Who said that ?

$25 place multi on offer using Tips from Ohoka,Rummy, Baz ,Ted and Mooseman 

Get on Masked Crusader Canty Park R7. Also in at Bendigo. Missed a start on Saturday after top trial.

1 minute ago, Ohokaman said:

Get on Masked Crusader Canty Park R7. Also in at Bendigo. Missed a start on Saturday after top trial.

Nice :rcfe-like: Rummys quoted the Guerin piece as mine, but who really stated it ?

29 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Yep Te Akau and Bosson who is next - anyone who looks out at where we are going Cheshire Cat country

12 of their best horses will win some serious money there . Spring could be very  light on internationals , Team Williams not got too much going . They could have a good 2nd half of year . 

4 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

12 of their best horses will win some serious money there . Spring could be very  light on internationals , Team Williams not got too much going . They could have a good 2nd half of year . 

43D97BF7-FC3B-4D65-A1DB-594F9D0F6BE5.png

I am surprised more Kiwi jockeys haven't made the move.  When equine influenza shut down NSW racing a bunch of Sydney jockeys moved to NZ so that they could keep on riding.  Yet when NZ racing shuts down the Kiwi jockeys just sit on their hands and do nothing.  South Australia has had to cancel jumps races because they don't have any jumps jockeys of their own.  Why didn't the NZ jumps jockeys hop on a plane, do the 14 days quarantine in Adelaide and then had South Australian jumps races to themselves for the winter?  It appears that apathy has set in since Ardern took over, maybe before then. 

On 4/18/2020 at 8:43 PM, CT"s said:

About time Nicky. He should’ve been over here 12 years ago when Lee Freedman offered him to be stable rider after he won the Oaks on Grand Archway. 

How do you reconcile that statement with the fact that Grand Archway won the SA Oaks in 1999. Whilst OPB won the Grp2 St George Stakes on the horse Shane Dye road it to win the SAOaks. Hardly 12 years ago or has Maths 101 completely deserted you :rcf-sad-12:

Greg

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

How do you reconcile that statement with the fact that Grand Archway won the SA Oaks in 1999. Whilst OPB won the Grp2 St George Stakes on the horse Shane Dye road it to win the SAOaks. Hardly 12 years ago or has Maths 101 completely deserted you :rcf-sad-12:

Greg

She won the Wakeful and the Oaks in 98. 

Correct, more like 22 years ago.

Imagine how many Australian Group 1’s Opie would have under his belt now if he’d taken up Lee Freedman’s offer then? :o

Quite possibly 3 Melbourne Cups :ph34r:

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Greg

Pretty sure Opie won the VRC Oaks on her around about the 5 /11/ 1999. She ran 2nd in SA Oaks with RS Dye, to Episode.