RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Archer

McDonalds grabs the cash

Like the trillions given away in the USA with no accountability ..

It seems McDonalds NZ part of a 100 billion +  dollar company, couldn't wait to grab some cash from the NZ governments business wage scheme  ... At least 1 million dollars ! 

33 minutes ago, Archer said:

It seems McDonalds NZ part of a 100 billion +  dollar company, couldn't wait to grab some cash from the NZ governments business wage scheme  ... At least 1 million dollars ! 

Seems fair...the Government closed the business down ,as they did all businesses so they gave subsidies to every business.

Macca's across NZ probably has 10,000 workers plus suppliers who prepare the fish ,meat, lettuce ,chicken etc so those workers and businesses similarly affected .

Do the numbers ...big money for sure....One million wouldn't go far.Maybe $3- $4 mil per week !

Usually at least 80% of the restaurants are franchises owned by Ma & Pa's so being closed would be crippling to some.

On 4/17/2020 at 11:29 PM, Archer said:

Well Archer , I see where KFC got $22.8 million for its 3651 employees.

McDonald's is more difficult to trace because of so many individual owners....I traced 4 restaurants who received $1.2 mill.

Also I confirmed McDonald's has 170 restaurants in NZ and over 10,000 staff so in total would have received well in excess of $50 mill.

Would you like some fries with your order !

Firstly I doubt whether many small business got  anything. 

Having read what those flunkies in racing admin have procured, I'm starting to understand this rort ... ;) 

Fries nah,  I am going for a slice of pie  ....  :rcf-demon:

I checked the payments ,as anyone can , on a couple of small businesses that I know friends work at and YES the payment was made.

I do think that side of that has been very well handled....prompt and timely and for a period [12 weeks was it ?] which did take away some worry.

Of course there will always be some who rort their employees and the system.

Some are saying it was quite easy for businesses to convince an audit that business is down 30% by delayed invoicing etc .

However staff numbers and names would surely be cross referenced by the authorities !