RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Grit123

To be announced tomorrow ...

19 minutes ago, Southland said:

Within the realms of NZTR strategic planning and settling on 3 venues to gets things up and running in the short term, does anyone know whether the down time will be used to prioritise track and facility upgrades (where  required) at remaining strategically important venues?

Looking to the future ...

Would make sense. Great time to be doing it. Especially while distributions are not required for stakes.

Why did we bother with the Messara thing then if we are not able to execute the plan.

Surely the venues committee is close to a final report or will it all fall over if the next lot of legislation doesn't get passed this term.

58 minutes ago, Patiti said:

Why did we bother with the Messara thing then if we are not able to execute the plan.

Surely the venues committee is close to a final report or will it all fall over if the next lot of legislation doesn't get passed this term.

Hopefully. 

12 hours ago, Patiti said:

It wasn't specifically a plan, it was a report, parts of which could/ should have been adopted by an ailing New Zealand industry where all agree there needs to be changes yet nobody wants to make any.

9 minutes ago, von Smallhaussen said:

Didn't the New Zealand Derby used to be run at Riccarton?

Yes, run at Riccarton until 1973 when it moved to Auckland to replace the Great Northern Derby. Riccarton got the 1,000 and 2,000 Guineas to replace the Derby, and the Oaks which it also used to run. I think Balmerino won one of the early Guineas races held at Riccarton, closely followed by Vice Regal and Uncle remus if I recall correctly.

6 hours ago, Grit123 said:

Both Guineas races (1000 fillies and 2000 colts) gone from Canterbury Jockey Club NZ Cup carnival.

Transferred to North Island.

Dont know if permanent (but it will be).

Great way to fuck NZ’s (thoroughbred, trotting and greyhounds) only truly successful racing carnival.

As if earthquakes, shootings and Covid 19 hasn’t already been enough for Christchurch!

I hope this is not a permanent move - and I'm born and bred in the North.

Can understand it for this coming spring but if permanent it will destroy a great carnival :rcf-sad-1:

1 hour ago, Kingshill said:

I hope this is not a permanent move - and I'm born and bred in the North.

Can understand it for this coming spring but if permanent it will destroy a great carnival :rcf-sad-1:

Not the first great carnival they have fecked in the last few years . NZ calendar is unrecognizable to a few seasons ago and IMO for worse .

40 minutes ago, nomates said:

Not the first great carnival they have fecked in the last few years . NZ calendar is unrecognizable to a few seasons ago and IMO for worse .

Its absolutely screwed and nothing to do with this pandemic. It was apparently optimised , can't wait to see what a train wreck this new one will be.

On 4/15/2020 at 7:01 AM, Pam Robson said:

It's a bit difficult to imagine the landscape under level3 or 2...but, given likely restrictions on travel for quite some time,  that doesn't surprise. 

Could also mean the H.B spring carnival doesn't happen,  or is relocated if racing remains limited to three areas as is proposed fot starters.

Interesting times.   Do I have faith in code heads showing vision for future planning?  Not really.

They can't be using the likes of Elleslie, Trentham, Riccaton, Invercargill week in week out. The tracks will get smashed, especially over winter (hopefully out of this situation by spring). 

Sothern region will have to be the likes of Wingatui/Gore/Invercargill on rotation

Canterbury region Riccaton/Ashburton /Timaru

Central Districts region. Trentham/Hastings/Awapuni. Maybe Whanganui/New Plymouth for midweek with one of the others above.

Northern region. Elleslie/Te Rapa/ Pukekoe , add in Ruakaka/ Matamata /Rotorua for midweeks. ( 3 right handed / 3 left hand tracks)

On 4/15/2020 at 10:28 AM, Red Rum said:

Great racing track , great views of racing and landscape , paddock , birdcage area nice , some of the   facilities not the best but been to worse , to be honest I'd go racing and watch on a grass mound and have done many times in past  . It's a worry if it don't survive .  

Hopefully there is a quid pro quo in this transaction .

Grand National & specially Cup week you can't move in the stands, gets such a massive crowd even at $25 entry, go each yr to both, not this yr,  have to cancel flights booked (every Boxing day), no refund but credit, looks like no National next yr either as there's a lack of club interest as well as other issues towards Jumps racing sadly.  I booked this yr as I hoped I was wrong in that it was going to be the finale.  I have to wonder how much of the demise of Riccarton racing is CJC itself, hope rumours are incorrect be so disappointing if true

10 hours ago, 2Piper said:

They can't be using the likes of Elleslie, Trentham, Riccaton, Invercargill week in week out. The tracks will get smashed, especially over winter (hopefully out of this situation by spring). 

Sothern region will have to be the likes of Wingatui/Gore/Invercargill on rotation

Canterbury region Riccaton/Ashburton /Timaru

Central Districts region. Trentham/Hastings/Awapuni. Maybe Whanganui/New Plymouth for midweek with one of the others above.

Northern region. Elleslie/Te Rapa/ Pukekoe , add in Ruakaka/ Matamata /Rotorua for midweeks. ( 3 right handed / 3 left hand tracks)

There couldn't be a better time to suck it up and start using the smaller regional tracks, the game is absolutely broke so it needs to be done as economically as possible, most of the regional tracks are of an isolated nature which should assist with the restrictions of movement persons etc. 

How can the larger clubs with paid personnel survive through this? No entry fee? No revenue from the bars and catering? Horses numbers set to decline at an alarming rate ,Sponsorship will be negligible at best , time to take a different approach. Leadership won't they don't have the guts to make the tough decisions, so we will be served up the same tracks that they have been going out of their way to over emphasis importance as before , accelerating the decline in the industry.

The carnivals are absolutely screwed , whats the point of them if there is going to be no crowd at them?

Yes we are in very difficult times, I am sure there will be a way out but it is going to be a long term response as this will take years and I cannot see us having racing as we once knew it. I fear the top echelon trainers will cross the ditch 

What a mess to sort out and we need racing brains and industry participants at the top table not the current regime

44 minutes ago, Huey said:

There couldn't be a better time to suck it up and start using the smaller regional tracks, the game is absolutely broke so it needs to be done as economically as possible, most of the regional tracks are of an isolated nature which should assist with the restrictions of movement persons etc. 

How can the larger clubs with paid personnel survive through this? No entry fee? No revenue from the bars and catering? Horses numbers set to decline at an alarming rate ,Sponsorship will be negligible at best , time to take a different approach. Leadership won't they don't have the guts to make the tough decisions, so we will be served up the same tracks that they have been going out of their way to over emphasis importance as before , accelerating the decline in the industry.

The carnivals are absolutely screwed , whats the point of them if there is going to be no crowd at them?

The most important need, right now, is to run races at where horse populations are Invercargill-really, Wingatui, Timaru, Ashburton, Riccarton

Central Awapuni, Wanganui, New Plymouth, Hastings- carnival

Northern Te Rapa, Pukekohe, Taupo-good track conditions, Tauranga, Ellerslie??, Matamata

1 hour ago, uneasy said:

The most important need, right now, is to run races at where horse populations are Invercargill-really, Wingatui, Timaru, Ashburton, Riccarton

Northern Te Rapa, Pukekohe, Taupo-good track conditions, Tauranga, Ellerslie??, Matamata

I do hope those making the big decisions are doing lots of consulting with the likes of yourself Uneasy. They also need to know what the intentions of the Tylers are, since they provide a lot of the deep South horses. Are you confident the right people are making the right decisions at this time?

1 hour ago, uneasy said:

So on one hand we have to go where the horse population is then on the other hand we have to go where the tracks are good, make your mind up.

Te Rapa how many horses trained there? Tracks been good for what 2 meetings? Taupo 3 horses trained there? Ellerslie how does that help the industry participants increased transport costs , no horses trained there, nightmare traffic yippee !!! 

Racing needs to get its house in order its financially absolutely screwed , decisions need to be made according to what is feasibly sustainable.