RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

Is it true?...

That Bert refers to himself as the “GOAT” in BGP? :o

Are you for real??? GOAT??? More like HIPPO. Looks like the silver fox has eaten a few more pies and lost a bit more hair since I last saw him too. :ph34r: 

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

If you’re bitter or jealous of BGP just swallow it and say nothing ....it’s not a good look putting the boot into a group made up of elective participants, a group doing a lot for racing, and a group we’re all benefiting from 

Disclosure, I’m not involved with BGP and have no relationship with them but I’m a fan and if HQ does ever reopen I might offer all BGP members a 30% discount just because they’re GC’s 

Not putting the boot in at all. On the contrary I think Luke has done a wonderful job with the BGP concept and full kudos to him for growing the membership so successfully over the last 9 years. 

I’m merely critiquing empowering Neil Davis with punting 10’s of thousands of dollars in another country outside of the North Island of which he’s an expert. That’s all. 

I also find it quite hilarious that Bert refers to himself as the GOAT. That would be the equivalent of you referring to yourself as tall short stuff. :P

50 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

I think on a whole there is very very few people that make money punting.  I know a lot of punters and I only know one that makes money consistently year in year out.  

It’s definitely a tough gig for sure but if you’re empowering  someone to make decisions with over $160K wouldn’t you want the best possible person to do that for you? Someone who is a successful professional, who lives locally where the races are being run and has access to information someone in NZ simply doesn’t have access to? 

Wouldn’t you want to get a proven Australian professional with an excellent track record making those decisions to give you the best possibility of success?

At the end of the day it’s a business and success breeds success. 

2 minutes ago, CT"s said:

It’s definitely a tough gig for sure but if you’re empowering  someone to make decisions with over $160K wouldn’t you want the best possible person to do that for you? Someone who is a successful professional, who lives locally where the races are being run and has access to information someone in NZ simply doesn’t have access to? 

Wouldn’t you want to get a proven Australian professional with an excellent track record making those decisions to give you the best possibility of success?

At the end of the day it’s a business and success breeds success. 

Everyone gets bad days, more than good days infact.  The so called Australian professional, is most likely a TV pundit.  If he was that good at gambling he would not be a TV pundit.

1 minute ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Everyone gets bad days, more than good days infact.  The so called Australian professional, is most likely a TV pundit.  If he was that good at gambling he would not be a TV pundit.

He’s not a TV pundit. He’s been a successful professional for the last 2 years.

I know several Australian professionals who do very nicely over here.

Dicko is just one of them. 

Bottom line, if you’re going to punt on Australian races at least employ an Australian professional to do it to give yourself the best chance of success. 

It goes both ways. You wouldn’t expect an Australian professional to be in charge of betting on NZ races for the exact same reasons. 

6 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

I watched saturdays racing and none of the tv pundits did any good, but some of the racenet tipsters did very well and the week before those spots were reversed, the only consistent thing is the large bets publicised by racenet are losers overall but if we could put names to those bets there might be winners worth following, what I enjoy is getting a winner myself very occasionally with my trusty blindfold and dartboard and not letting others spend my money for me.

5 hours ago, Nerula said:

Tomo Ive been neutral about you as I try to live by, "I will put up with your peculiarities if you will put up with mine.' But there is a limit.

If you are a member talk to Luke. If not mind your own business. FFS

Agreed.....CT ,in view of the fact that you been away from NZ for 12 years , you live a blissful life in the worlds best sports city...called bleak city by some Aussies .....I find it unbelievable your misinformed ,deluded comments are growing by the day on what is in the main a racing site for NZ racing ,and in the main participated in by kiwis.

Is your attention seeking such that you now want to be the 'authority' on this growing and successful NZ movement you know little about.

I find your comments 'distasteful' ,inaccurate and immature !

Go back to backing superstars and showing your tickets...please !

And Ive burned the umbrella you gave me....

14 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

Agreed.....CT ,in view of the fact that you been away from NZ for 12 years , you live a blissful life in the worlds best sports city...called bleak city by some Aussies .....I find it unbelievable your misinformed ,deluded comments are growing by the day on what is in the main a racing site for NZ racing ,and in the main participated in by kiwis.

Is your attention seeking such that you now want to be the 'authority' on this growing and successful NZ movement you know little about.

I find your comments 'distasteful' ,inaccurate and immature !

Go back to backing superstars and showing your tickets...please !

And Ive burned the umbrella you gave me....

Let’s get one thing straight Tassie.

I love the concept of the BGP and I think Luke has done a brilliant job extending the membership as broadly as he has amongst the NZ population. It’s something very special he’s created and is to be applauded for reigniting the interest in NZ racing. 

My observation is merely why would you empower a North Island form analyst when you’re betting 10’s of thousands of dollars on Australian racing when you have access to a local professional with superior knowledge. 

I think it’s a fair question don’t you?

8 hours ago, CT"s said:

Let’s get one thing straight Tassie.

I love the concept of the BGP and I think Luke has done a brilliant job extending the membership as broadly as he has amongst the NZ population. It’s something very special he’s created and is to be applauded for reigniting the interest in NZ racing. 

My observation is merely why would you empower a North Island form analyst when you’re betting 10’s of thousands of dollars on Australian racing when you have access to a local professional with superior knowledge. 

I think it’s a fair question don’t you?

You are not straight CT.........as Nerula said ,if you are a member talk to the folk that started and run the movement.

You have become  over intoxicated by your own exuberance , wanting to be the centre of attention and begin a never ending banter with us Kiwis ,before you resort to telling us of your blissful life in bleak city , where the sportsman cheat, DWeir was king and the politicians never last 5 mins .

Desperate for attention you latch on to a thread/topic about BGP who had a bad day with their betting on a bog track at Randwick , and not so good at other meetings but the main focus was on Randwick where there was plenty of NZ interest , especially with our current jockey OPB who is BGP favourite.

Then you stumble on to a few of the selectors names so you decide to ridicule those . Then you guess on the amount bet etc basically cos a member put some of the texts on to the post.

His arse should be gone....hes no better ...as the rules basically say no dickheads , no grizzling about the selectors etc or words to that effect.

The movement is very well organised , great communication and IMO has been great in helping racing lift some of its weak areas e.g. improve on course  experience , participants industry experience and boost attendance at promotable days.

Including two harness jewels I have found exactly this and it is the first time all bets have lost although I believe their worst previous day was also on a bog heavy track.

Touch wood Ive always previously come out ahead....in money and definitely raceday experience.

You see ,it is a movement for oncourse race experience !

Success has many fathers , failure is an orphan.

But I found it great value...$105 for 2 x days entertainment in front of TV , bets at several meetings etc.

Im sure they will learn from that .....anything worth doing is worth doing badly at first.......you learn best from the odd failure..

Form pro's Neil is part of the team I believe but I think he involved in 3 of the 14 bets on Saturday ,but as I said there has never been the need for individuals to be besmirched publicly by a limpwristed , Victorian tosser.

The build up to the late March event had been intense.......first there was the sale of a jointly owned yearling at the sales ,a first and great experience for many ,then the great concourse day at Karaka races leading into the big planned 'weekend' at Palmerston North ,featuring doggies ,harness and Group 1 Races.

Of course this was thwarted by the lockdown .........it was looking to be outstanding !

Hence the Randwick day was organised at short notice.......good support for NZ racing at a desperate time.

This of course carried over to Saturday's racing where bets poor but most understand losses do happen.

Spread over a big crowd the amount per person very affordable...I've spent $1100 at supermarket last 10 days.......no booze ,fridge well ,we eat well !

As Nerula said "keep your nose out of it if not a member"......Sorry, they have a no dick head policy.

And the umbrella is burned.....

10 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

You are not straight CT.........as Nerula said ,if you are a member talk to the folk that started and run the movement.

You have become  over intoxicated by your own exuberance , wanting to be the centre of attention and begin a never ending banter with us Kiwis ,before you resort to telling us of your blissful life in bleak city , where the sportsman cheat, DWeir was king and the politicians never last 5 mins .

Desperate for attention you latch on to a thread/topic about BGP who had a bad day with their betting on a bog track at Randwick , and not so good at other meetings but the main focus was on Randwick where there was plenty of NZ interest , especially with our current jockey OPB who is BGP favourite.

Then you stumble on to a few of the selectors names so you decide to ridicule those . Then you guess on the amount bet etc basically cos a member put some of the texts on to the post.

His arse should be gone....hes no better ...as the rules basically say no dickheads , no grizzling about the selectors etc or words to that effect.

The movement is very well organised , great communication and IMO has been great in helping racing lift some of its weak areas e.g. improve on course  experience , participants industry experience and boost attendance at promotable days.

Including two harness jewels I have found exactly this and it is the first time all bets have lost although I believe their worst previous day was also on a bog heavy track.

Touch wood Ive always previously come out ahead....in money and definitely raceday experience.

You see ,it is a movement for oncourse race experience !

Success has many fathers , failure is an orphan.

But I found it great value...$105 for 2 x days entertainment in front of TV , bets at several meetings etc.

Im sure they will learn from that .....anything worth doing is worth doing badly at first.......you learn best from the odd failure..

Form pro's Neil is part of the team I believe but I think he involved in 3 of the 14 bets on Saturday ,but as I said there has never been the need for individuals to be besmirched publicly by a limpwristed , Victorian tosser.

The build up to the late March event had been intense.......first there was the sale of a jointly owned yearling at the sales ,a first and great experience for many ,then the great concourse day at Karaka races leading into the big planned 'weekend' at Palmerston North ,featuring doggies ,harness and Group 1 Races.

Of course this was thwarted by the lockdown .........it was looking to be outstanding !

Hence the Randwick day was organised at short notice.......good support for NZ racing at a desperate time.

This of course carried over to Saturday's racing where bets poor but most understand losses do happen.

Spread over a big crowd the amount per person very affordable...I've spent $1100 at supermarket last 10 days.......no booze ,fridge well ,we eat well !

As Nerula said "keep your nose out of it if not a member"......Sorry, they have a no dick head policy.

And the umbrella is burned.....

Never really looked at BGP , good on anyone having a go though,  they have a big following so it's good , good they warn people too  .What I thought was odd is that you lay into the person putting up their bets  , but that poster has put up their winning posts in the past and I've only ever read positive posts from him about BGP so why would they kick his arse . I've looked on their Facebook,  they give the exact winnings from Rubisaki last week to the exact dollar , visible from a few key strokes so their punting isn't a state secret . Guess what bet big win big , bet big lose big thats how it rolls  why would they kick that members arse then? 

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Never really looked at BGP , good on anyone having a go though,  they have a big following so it's good , good they warn people too  .What I thought was odd is that you lay into the person putting up their bets  , but that poster has put up their winning posts in the past and I've only ever read positive posts from him about BGP so why would they kick his arse . I've looked on their Facebook,  they give the exact winnings from Rubisaki last week to the exact dollar , visible from a few key strokes so their punting isn't a state secret . Guess what bet big win big , bet big lose big thats how it rolls  why would they kick that members arse then? 

Very sorry...I apologise about suggesting a member get his arse kicked.

Just MO.

My initial reaction to someone I thought was breaking some of the basic rules of the movement that members sign up for.

i was not aware that all bets had gone up in the past...probably cos previous it has been an oncourse raceday experience and I not personally a regular phone user.

Like to get the bets from the man on mic....often they come shortly before race and I too busy having a fun day , meeting new people from all over NZ.

But the negative angles taken on here does highlight one of the issues re NZ racing in general.

Any sort of success or feelgood is generally met with cynicism and jealousy ,by many..

14 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

Just MO.

My initial reaction to someone I thought was breaking some of the basic rules of the movement that members sign up for.

i was not aware that all bets had gone up in the past...probably cos previous it has been an oncourse raceday experience and I not personally a regular phone user.

Like to get the bets from the man on mic....often they come shortly before race and I too busy having a fun day , meeting new people from all over NZ.

But the negative angles taken on here does highlight one of the issues re NZ racing in general.

Any sort of success or feelgood is generally met with cynicism and jealousy ,by 

People getting fun from BGP and it's in short supply for all at moment ,    it's a real good thing for racing , good idea for Championships too., I really enjoyed the Comp run on here this weekend so the team or competition punt is fantastic depending on what a person prefers . Just that I've read many posts from Rusty , he's a big BGP fan,  think he posted some Winx pics on a BGP trip once so in to it   and from what I've seen involved in things they run that's all. 

Iam told this morning that all their bets go up pre race on an app open to view or facebook .

Good luck on punt today TM .

6 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Just MO.

Any sort of success or feelgood is generally met with cynicism and jealousy ,by many..

Cynical and jealous? I hope this comment wasn’t directed at me Tassie. :ph34r:

I’m a big supporter of BGP and wish them every success in the future.

I’ve just suggested an improvement, empowering a local professional to give the punters the best possible chance of success when punting in Australia. 

Nothing more, nothing less. Read into that what you will.