RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

Experiment for Certainties Control Samples

Since earliest humans the quest for knowledge has been the goal, Fred Flintstone invented the square wheel, the Baker in London learnt when you overcook buns and clock off for five minutes with fire the whole Fxxking city goes up in flames when it's made of firewood and then humans most famous achievement making a real good knock up of a grainy image in a Hollywood studio of a person making out they landed on moon.

Anyway for a long while CT has been labelled a " stopper " . Funstar being an example however she did look a wee bit unders yesterday . Now I got to thinking posters say he has mystical powers , voodoo or as the old punters in old country would say " he puts the mockers on  them " . But to prove or disprove this like all scientific experiments we need control samples,  others labelling hot pots the best best , best horse in country  , best horse in the universe including the fake Hollywood moon set that kind of balls of  line stuff  .

For anyone willing to post over next few weeks and put head over trench top please label a hotpot , could be hot pot for a place , or win . Ideally odds on .We can then get a real guage as to the " stopping " power ratio.

I will start .

Towoomba Today Race 3 Horse 5 . Super Mario  (owned by dude in Melbourne I think who likes a Sophia (Italian ) Camberwell feed  .

1.90 the place fixed  , get on he's a champion , he's faster than Dick Turpin's Black Bess , he's faster than a stinging butterfly , and floats like a bee . Get on .

Haven’t you recognised a common theme in all thomPsons “tips” red rum ?

its not really about his world renowned stopping ability it’s his inability to understand punting, probability, stats AND most importantly, a concept he has no idea of .......VALUE.

I wonder if he really thinks he can win long term backing the horses he “tips” at the odds they invariably are?

Reality is he has a snowflakes chance in hell as does anyone employing a similar strategy.

You would be better off starting a dedicated thread listing his “ tips” and progressive balance to illustrate this fact to any poor idiot that thinks otherwise.

25 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Ok im labelling Excilida Race 7 Sandown  

The $4.60 before scr looks tasty but the $1.90 should be a mere formality.Run to the back of the tote :rcfe-like:

Good stuff Gruff the more samples to put in the little dish thing those labs have got the better . 

No one should label a Stanaway 100 start maiden because that will mess up the control samples. 

2 hours ago, pogo(aus) said:

Haven’t you recognised a common theme in all thomPsons “tips” red rum ?

its not really about his world renowned stopping ability it’s his inability to understand punting, probability, stats AND most importantly, a concept he has no idea of .......VALUE.

I wonder if he really thinks he can win long term backing the horses he “tips” at the odds they invariably are?

Reality is he has a snowflakes chance in hell as does anyone employing a similar strategy.

You would be better off starting a dedicated thread listing his “ tips” and progressive balance to illustrate this fact to any poor idiot that thinks otherwise.

I tend to agree with your opinion on this Pogo. Even topline experienced punters only back on “Overs”, never “Unders”. Classic example was Danon Premium yesterday. My daughter asked me for my best bets yesterday (before I went to golf) and I advised her to take an all-up multi place bet on Toffee Tongue/Verry Elleegant/Bangkok. They were 15/5/23 on the win tote at the time and a place multi was approx $30/$1. That’s what I call smart betting - good in form horses at “Overs”. Backing faves can be dangerous unless they are “Overs”. Addybb was the best “overs” bet yesterday. 

26 minutes ago, Trump said:

I tend to agree with your opinion on this Pogo. Even topline experienced punters only back on “Overs”, never “Unders”. Classic example was Danon Premium yesterday. My daughter asked me for my best bets yesterday (before I went to golf) and I advised her to take an all-up multi place bet on Toffee Tongue/Verry Elleegant/Bangkok. They were 15/5/23 on the win tote at the time and a place multi was approx $30/$1. That’s what I call smart betting - good in form horses at “Overs”. Backing faves can be dangerous unless they are “Overs”. Addybb was the best “overs” bet yesterday. 

16 from 16 in Victoria this year anything under 1.30 , that's from Racing Com or one of those other top notch Aust websites . That's better than bank interest if you can get a decent bet on . Iam not one for hotpots but back in day in UK the early season 2 year old races were ripe for backing favorites March April May until good ones came out . Plenty run up quick sequences in uncompetitive  conditions races , like shearing a sheep each run .The problem nowdays is heavy restrictions on big punters .To be fair I love an decent priced ew go nowdays , Addeyeb was a masterstroke pulled off long range by Haggas , chk normal weather in Sydney in Autumn tick, class horse tick , no nonsence easy traveller tick, flys through mud double tick . Genius move .

5 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

Cranbourne R5   FOCUS STRIDE $1.18

5 Horse field.

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

Cranbourne trots today, race 5 number 3, "Focus Stride". 

Shooting for 7 straight, in the 5 horse field today he is currently $1.30 fixed. 

The more you put on, the more you get back. Fill ya boots. 

OK,  you guys seemed to have at the 50 mark  some kind of stopping power however it was proved not to be powerful enough as he fought on, shut the gate straight to the window better that bank interest.  Well done .

Now for Super Mario to place .

4 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Since earliest humans the quest for knowledge has been the goal, Fred Flintstone invented the square wheel, the Baker in London learnt when you overcook buns and clock off for five minutes with fire the whole Fxxking city goes up in flames when it's made of firewood and then humans most famous achievement making a real good knock up of a grainy image in a Hollywood studio of a person making out they landed on moon.

Anyway for a long while CT has been labelled a " stopper " . Funstar being an example however she did look a wee bit unders yesterday . Now I got to thinking posters say he has mystical powers , voodoo or as the old punters in old country would say " he puts the mockers on  them " . But to prove or disprove this like all scientific experiments we need control samples,  others labelling hot pots the best best , best horse in country  , best horse in the universe including the fake Hollywood moon set that kind of balls of  line stuff  .

For anyone willing to post over next few weeks and put head over trench top please label a hotpot , could be hot pot for a place , or win . Ideally odds on .We can then get a real guage as to the " stopping " power ratio.

I will start .

Towoomba Today Race 3 Horse 5 . Super Mario  (owned by dude in Melbourne I think who likes a Sophia (Italian ) Camberwell feed  .

1.90 the place fixed  , get on he's a champion , he's faster than Dick Turpin's Black Bess , he's faster than a stinging butterfly , and floats like a bee . Get on .

nice 3.70 fixed.thanks red rum

2 minutes ago, pogo(aus) said:

1.90 ?

Was when I looked early today , mind you I had a few beers last night and I've been off the stuff a while . Nearly got home too, I would have been pissed it got home when I  only had the place .I was looking at wrong horse in run anyway .

Anyway placed as I said it definately certainly with no doubt at all would do like night following day easy money  and at better odds .

Now to Gruffs one tomorrow .

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Ernie, you have a history of consistently gloating AFTER the race like you did with your tips to your daughter here. 

It means NOTHING son AFTER the race. 

I tipped the first 4 in the QE and an unlucky Funstar, ridden against her usual pattern, BEFORE the race yesterday.

I tipped Rubisaki BEFORE the race when she won 2 weeks ago.

I tipped Aethero BEFORE the race last weekend when he was poleaxed at the start. 

Keep gloating about those tips AFTER the race. It’s quite amusing. :P

funniest post ever

come on red rum, start a thread dedicated to thomPsons tips and keep a running total plus ( LOL) or minus based on a notional bet size.

it wont take long for others to sort fantasy from fact.

57 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Now to Gruffs one tomorrow .

3 hours ago, Gruff said:

Ok im labelling Excilida Race 7 Sandown  

The $4.60 before scr looks tasty but the $1.90 should be a mere formality.Run to the back of the tote :rcfe-like:

20200412_160409.jpg.83b16c9fbd0757362620c25fdb1f5e6f.jpg

21 minutes ago, pogo(aus) said:

funniest post ever

come on red rum, start a thread dedicated to thomPsons tips and keep a running total plus ( LOL) or minus based on a notional bet size.

it wont take long for others to sort fantasy from fact.

I've stopped plenty to be honest , was just testing mine , and others stoppability rating for a while , so far so good today , OM next up getting fitted for the town stocks with  Skelm at  Stawell.  More test cases the better .

Thank God for OZ racing still on , iam starting to get into the dustbowl stuff as well , mind you I stopped Scrabble in the last at Charlevelle yesterday .

3 hours ago, Trump said:

Why haven't they closed down golf in toad land? Are they crazy?

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Stawell Gold Cup R7- Skelm

Been scratched twice recently from tougher races....$2 if you are lucky....:rcfe-like:

That's in the stopped test tube in the Lab OM  Just boxed on when  it quickened up.

Here we go , Clementina,  for the place Sandown tomorrow  , drawn wide slots in runs home  as per usual  normally finds one or two too good . Overdue though .

2 hours ago, CT"s said:

Ernie, you have a history of consistently gloating AFTER the race like you did with your tips to your daughter here. 

It means NOTHING son AFTER the race. 

I tipped the first 4 in the QE and an unlucky Funstar, ridden against her usual pattern, BEFORE the race yesterday.

I tipped Rubisaki BEFORE the race when she won 2 weeks ago.

I tipped Aethero BEFORE the race last weekend when he was poleaxed at the start. 

Keep gloating about those tips AFTER the race. It’s quite amusing. :P

Who’s gloating? I didn’t take the bet for myself you clown. Keep up your record - it’ll never be broken. Legend. Rubisaki was a certainty even you couldn’t Stop! Your reputation goes before you - keep it up, it’s fun.