RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

Vale Might And Power.......

Died at Living Legends in the early hours of this morning aged 26.

What an absolute champion he was. The horse that reignited Jimmy Cassidy’s career.

He had many great wins but his Caulfield Cup win stands out in my mind. He was just so dominant that day and that win put him on the radar as a very special horse. 

I only got to see him race once when I was living in Sydney at the tail end of his career. 

One of the absolutely best. Rest easy champion. 

10 minutes ago, GOM said:

The Melbourne cup win for me

I think Kerry Packer had a million to win on him that day. 

Still hard to believe he held on. Greg Hall was convinced he’d nabbed him on the line on Doriemus.

Very tough win to lead all the way over 2 miles.

3 minutes ago, CT"s said:

Still hard to believe he held on. Greg Hall was convinced he’d nabbed him on the line on Doriemus.

They replayed that QE2 win on formline , dealt to the field in big way . Australian racing was still a mystery to most punters up North in his racing days , no Internet etc but most racefans with even half an  interest knew of Might and Power.  What a name for a Champion .

9 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

They replayed that QE2 win on formline , dealt to the field in big way . Australian racing was still a mystery to most punters up North in his racing days , no Internet etc but most racefans with even half an  interest knew of Might and Power.  What a name for a Champion .

Has there ever been a more appropriate name for a horse?

Indeed. His QE2 win was a demolition job. 

I loved the renaissance of Jimmy Cassidy too who Nick Moraitis gave the opportunity. His celebration after he won the Caulfield Cup was equally as good as his dominant win. A fairy tale come back racing story for the ages.

23 hours ago, CT"s said:

Yes, I think that win would have to  rate as the best effort I have seen from a racehorse. Veandercross came close in one of his wins but if you take a look at Might and Power at that stage he was beyond compare. In the cup he came back to them quite quickly half way down and every one had their chance to get him from then on. A true champion .

I know old Terrence only had the one bet ,$50 Trifecta on that race and took the tri with Doriemus to beat might and power and got third....he reckoned he almost Past out when the numbers come up  he thought he got it :rcfe-laughing: