RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

Best bet in Australia today.........

Randwick

Race 9 #17 Funstar

Couldn’t quite see out the 2000m last time. Back to the mile. Gets 2.5 off the older mares. J Mac sticks. Wider barrier suits (inside will be chopped out by then). Heavy track.

Tick Tick Tick! 

Good punting B)

a good one to lay -

up against the older horses, coming back in trip on a quick back-up, she's only 3...on a heavy surface that might get a bit sticky/puggy as it dries out... I prefer one of the older and/or fresher stronger types in a bog even field ...Funstar is way under the odds imo...

1 hour ago, weasel57 said:

a good one to lay -

up against the older horses, coming back in trip on a quick back-up, she's only 3...on a heavy surface that might get a bit sticky/puggy as it dries out... I prefer one of the older and/or fresher stronger types in a bog even field ...Funstar is way under the odds imo...

4th up she’ll be rock hard fit. Back to her favourite track where she’s won 3 of her 5 starts. Unbeaten in 2 starts on a heavy. 2 weeks since her last run. She’ll be running through the line harder than anything else coming back to the mile with no weight on her back.

Perfect B)

46 minutes ago, Trump said:

Fair dinkum, you are a Legend Stopper! You’ve stopped one of Japan’s best in the QE and now Fuuuuuuuuunstarrrrr!! Legend!

Come on Ernie. First four in the QE isn’t bad.

A little perspective please. ;)

12 minutes ago, CT"s said:

Come on Ernie. First four in the QE isn’t bad.

A little perspective please. ;)

Came up against a top class horse who gets better the deeper it gets  , trained to the minute , experienced one race in OZ to tighten up , ridden by a young man in top form, DP busted it's guts trying to get past just came to end of it in end  he ran well  , just think what Addeyeb would do to them in really heavy ground . Three top class horses , and imho good effort by TAS and MB in behind the place getters. Both probably run roughly  to form on lines through Magic Wand .

4 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Came up against a top class horse who gets better the deeper it gets  , trained to the minute , experienced one race in OZ to tighten up , ridden by a young man in top form, DP busted it's guts trying to get past just came to end of it in end  he ran well  , just think what Addeyeb would do to them in really heavy ground . Three top class horses , and imho good effort by TAS and MB in behind the place getters. Both probably run roughly  to form on lines through Magic Wand .

Agree Red Rum. DP loomed as if he was going to go straight past them then just paddled. Not sure he was entirely comfortable in the going whereas Addeyeb absolutely relished it. Master of Wine was a huge run too sitting out deep for most of the trip. 

Danon was always going to struggle for his first run on a Heavy Randwick, against race hardened G1 performers. The Quinella was easy and Danon’s class got it to third. End of story. Then there’s Funnnnnstarrr! 

3 minutes ago, Trump said:

Danon was always going to struggle for his first run on a Heavy Randwick, against race hardened G1 performers. The Quinella was easy and Damon’s class got it to third. End of story. Then there’s Funnnnnstarrr! 

Funstar ran an absolute bottler Ernie. Not sure why J Mac snagged her back. She should’ve been where the winner was in the run like for her 2 previous starts. ;)

2 minutes ago, Trump said:

Danon was always going to struggle for his first run on a Heavy Randwick, against race hardened G1 performers. The Quinella was easy and Danon’s class got it to third. End of story. Then there’s Funnnnnstarrr! 

DP  put some serial group 1 winners away though even finishing in  third so he's a class act  .He just met a freak in the mud , I doubt even the very  best up in Europe would trouble winner  today on that track in that form  .

Just now, CT"s said:

Come on Gruffy. You do a pretty good job yourself. Admit it. :P

Theres no doubt the kiss of death is real in Racing CT , i never tip favourites for good reason, look at the bright side you have a very unique talent :rcfe-like:  Look at Rusty in the Tipping Comp 1-2-3 in every race but one... Con te partiro .... the Universe is very mysterious , and you have been singled out   Like Winx before you, although in Reverse :rcfe-like:

3 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Theres no doubt the kiss of death is real in Racing CT , i never tip favourites for good reason, look at the bright side you have a very unique talent :rcfe-like:  Look at Rusty in the Tipping Comp 1-2-3 in every race but one... Con te partiro .... the Universe is very mysterious , and you have been singled out   Like Winx before you, although in Reverse :rcfe-like:

That was some voodoo magic that one , 9 for 3 and 3 bolts in .

32 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Only you could make this connection Gruffy. 

This is why we love you :)

Least you can take a joke CT :rcfe-like: Ive only ever labelled one horse a cert on this site and thankfully it delivered, i had another a few days ago The Black Panther but got caught up before i got it out there , but hey if you put it out there to be Chopped off you have to except the Consequences.... you need to get the Half a Dozen Monkeys off your Back, and fast :rcfe-like:

1 hour ago, napier said:

Best bet for me today was Stick Em Up.....absolutely butchered...but thats my pocket talking.

Looked a race with not a great deal of tempo on Napier, i didnt mind Collett taking off when he did but probably better served scouting a little wider turning in.If they had of injected a little more speed earlier the horse  would of been better suited.Good run all in all,look at Probabeel, nothing really made any ground late and the winner looks something very special. Doesnt help the pocket but, and the run last week wasnt missed by you :rcfe-dislike:

14 hours ago, Gruff said:

Least you can take a joke CT :rcfe-like: Ive only ever labelled one horse a cert on this site and thankfully it delivered, i had another a few days ago The Black Panther but got caught up before i got it out there , but hey if you put it out there to be Chopped off you have to except the Consequences.... you need to get the Half a Dozen Monkeys off your Back, and fast :rcfe-like:

is The Black Panther related at all to The Black Leopard ? LOLLLOL

21 hours ago, CT"s said:

4th up she’ll be rock hard fit. Back to her favourite track where she’s won 3 of her 5 starts. Unbeaten in 2 starts on a heavy. 2 weeks since her last run. She’ll be running through the line harder than anything else coming back to the mile with no weight on her back.

Perfect B)

yep a perfect 2nd ...poorly ridden though imo ...still, both Funstar and Probabeel failed to win their respective races yesterday. Why? imo they've been asked to do too much for too long...not blaming the owners ..., just remember they are 3yo fillies racing on wet tracks ...these horses are still growing, their legs and joints cop plenty of punishment every time they gallop ..Probabeel has raced thru the spring and summer and now autumn in NZ and Aus ...they are not machines. I wouldnt be surprised if Probabeel never wins another race of any consequence.

yep a perfect 2nd ...poorly ridden though imo ...still, both Funstar and Probabeel failed to win their respective races yesterday. Why? imo they've been asked to do too much for too long...not blaming the owners ..., just remember they are 3yo fillies racing on wet tracks ...these horses are still growing, their legs and joints cop plenty of punishment every time they gallop ..Probabeel has raced thru the spring and summer and now autumn in NZ and Aus ...they are not machines. I wouldnt be surprised if Probabeel never wins another race of any consequence.

Yes, I did think that when I saw her again yesterday. It must be really tempting to keep entering those very strong 3yr olds...but that is a long season, lots of miles in those legs already. 

You could say the same about Catalyst and AB too...will they ever come back as decent four yr olds, or five yr olds? ...I sincerely hope Probabeel and the other two become 4/5/6 yr old superstars. 

1 hour ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

Yes, I did think that when I saw her again yesterday. It must be really tempting to keep entering those very strong 3yr olds...but that is a long season, lots of miles in those legs already. 

You could say the same about Catalyst and AB too...will they ever come back as decent four yr olds, or five yr olds? ...I sincerely hope Probabeel and the other two become 4/5/6 yr old superstars. 

To be fair to Jamie Richards he is very good at looking after a horse , TAS has been handled so well for a fragile horse , likewise Melody Belle to back up reasonably well into the Mackinnon in Spring and yesterday . I thought she went ok yesterday on backup from huge run last week. They have sweetened up a couple of ex Euros they got from OZ that looked past there use by date  to win races here as well  . Was a tough ask of Probabeel yesterday but the stable have the skills to rebuild her imho .