RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

Last at Warwick Farm . He Runs Away

Tucked away in the last today  is a Waller runner  ex HK import He Runs Away . Drawn wide , 1600 I doubt he will win today . However he was an absolute champion 3 year old in Argentina before going Dubai and HK . His previous name was Goldfield.  He won the top 3 year old turf race at San Isidro the Grand Premio Jockey Club then month later went over 2500 on dirt at Palermo and hosed up in the big  Grand Premio Nacional basically the Argentine Derby , national holiday for race day I understand . Then month later took on the Carlo Pellegrini the South American "Arc " and ran 4th in big field . Only 6 years old  if Waller can get him going OK  he could win a couple races over longer trip . 

Nice info Red Rum.

Couple of issues.

1. When looking up on Google any horse racing in Australia for a story on it we are confronted with scores of automated database results some no more than the breeding and a few stats. It becomes time consuming trying to find genuine articles and information. This is just another negative for racing. Some of the provincial papers do great interviews with trainers and that info often still relevant a year later but gets lost in the avalanche of useless data.

2. Singapore and to lesser extent Hong Kong announcers fail to relate horses prior international performances. To them the horses record begins and ends in Hong Kong or Singapore. Accordingly  He Runs Away would be a first starter.

14 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Nice info Red Rum.

Couple of issues.

1. When looking up on Google any horse racing in Australia for a story on it we are confronted with scores of automated database results some no more than the breeding and a few stats. It becomes time consuming trying to find genuine articles and information. This is just another negative for racing. Some of the provincial papers do great interviews with trainers and that info often still relevant a year later but gets lost in the avalanche of useless data.

2. Singapore and to lesser extent Hong Kong announcers fail to relate horses prior international performances. To them the horses record begins and ends in Hong Kong or Singapore. Accordingly  He Runs Away would be a first starter.

Done  some more  research  and you tubing , he was" He Runs Away"  in Argentina ,then  Goldfields in HK and has now reverted back to Argentinian name . The Racing Post have by looks of it retrospectively changed his name in Argentine races to Goldfields. All his South American wins on you tube under old / new name . More alias than a con artist that one. Good wins though back home .

3 minutes ago, Trump said:

Given that he is a 7yo and hasn’t won a race since 2016, one has to be very cautious re betting on him. I certainly wouldn’t back him in “anything” (too much downside) but good luck to those that do. 

More of a watchful eye to longer trip today , ran green would show benefit from long layoff according to J Macc I think I read  from comment or stipes first up . Drawn wide today too.

8 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Argentina has produced a Triple crown winner in the UAE so they have the bloodstock...Warwick farm should be a mere formality :rcfe-like:

Hahaha  watching brief today I reckon Gruff, trip ,draw, second up syndrome maybe  , I've just watched his Argentine races between sorting  kids fights at home . Shit he looked a hellova good horse as a 3 year old  , meat in the sandwich late on in the  Pellegrini  running on real strong , a midweek 2000 plus with even a thimble of that ability left he hoses up .

36 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Argentina has produced a Triple crown winner in the UAE so they have the bloodstock...Warwick farm should be a mere formality :rcfe-like:

Invasor was pretty handy and Forli appears in many pedigrees.  The Argentines know their horses . San Isidro looks a beauty of a course , on my bucket list of courses for retirement tour .

3 hours ago, Trump said:

Given that he is a 7yo and hasn’t won a race since 2016, one has to be very cautious re betting on him. I certainly wouldn’t back him in “anything” (too much downside) but good luck to those that do. 

71's and 17s suggest little if any confidence from the Waller stable today

Greg

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

71's and 17s suggest little if any confidence from the Waller stable today

Greg

Exactly. He will be out of the Stable in the not too distant future I would guess. Taking up room for a potential star! I’m picking he will end up in the Gold Coast Stable before a final trip to his end paddock.

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Exactly. He will be out of the Stable in the not too distant future I would guess. Taking up room for a potential star! I’m picking he will end up in the Gold Coast Stable before a final trip to his end paddock.

Drawn wide , second up from long layoff , trip way too short , Waller don't take them in to fill a box he don't need to . Moved up a little down side , not punished  when clear he wasn't making any progress .  There's a race in him against those Aussie midweek stayers,  they ain't much chop .

On 4/8/2020 at 8:23 PM, Trump said:

Waller starting to get a tune out this one , beaten neck today at big odds , 4.80 the place ,  forth run after long lay off , out to proper trip . He will get a few more goes against the Sydney stayers out the Waller yard before retirement .

16 minutes ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Thanks RR.

Was scrolling thru the fields for today and saw his name, then remembered reading about him on here so I just put a lazy $10 for a place on him.

Iam bloody gutted it didn't get  the big prize at odds  , won't be those odds again so that plan is with my large didn't quite come off plan folder .Cut my loses today a bit through the place price though .He  ran a beauty last week when cramped on bend , Bowman just let it run home real nice  . Scrolling through Argie form and you tube it' was champion there ,  but even in HK not a failure but not enough races over ground for the bugger , ran ok when it got its trip.

Real pleased you got a collect out of it Ponderosa after all your efforts scoring past weeks .

He will pick up one .

29 minutes ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Thanks RR.

Was scrolling thru the fields for today and saw his name, then remembered reading about him on here so I just put a lazy $10 for a place on him.

Ditto... 

Many thanks Red Rum... you picked it like a dirty nose, and how good at those odds today! 

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

Waller starting to get a tune out this one , beaten neck today at big odds , 4.80 the place ,  forth run after long lay off , out to proper trip . He will get a few more goes against the Sydney stayers out the Waller yard before retirement .

Nice tipping Red Rum. Good place price too.  B)

12 hours ago, CT"s said:

Nice tipping Red Rum. Good place price too.  B)

Waller's got Tata Star another ex Argentine , sprinter . Very good in past , was good enough to go Dubai for Golden Shaheen but ran last the other week. Not sure he will turn that one round . Different game coming  into OZ as a sprinter  taking on home grown than taking on home grown  middle distance/stayers . 

Got my eye on Yulong Captain tomorrow , blocked all the way through the straight last week yanked inside , outside wall of horses out too late , claimer up takes some off,  the Sandown run is a decent formline race . Will see how he's priced up .

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

Waller's got Tata Star another ex Argentine , sprinter . Very good in past , was good enough to go Dubai for Golden Shaheen but ran last the other week. Not sure he will turn that one round . Different game coming  into OZ as a sprinter  taking on home grown than taking on home grown  middle distance/stayers . 

Got my eye on Yulong Captain tomorrow , blocked all the way through the straight last week yanked inside , outside wall of horses out too late , claimer up takes some off,  the Sandown run is a decent formline race . Will see how he's priced up .

Good luck with Yulong Captain today. Will keep an eye on him. 

Not backing  it as not well enough onto Cairns / North Queensland form to take an odds on shorty  up there  but this The Harrovian in the 3rd , won some valuable races up that way . Weight stops a train they say 67kgs , no claim.  Next in book after claim 55.5kgs , then lower as we go . 24lbs plus off top my head   to the field .