RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
berzerk

Is TAB/RITA bankrupt?

Well thats an interesting proposition and I would go for it under the following situation.

* Get the Government out of racing forever.

* Form a Company NZ RACING Inc 

* Return the TAB to its rightful Owners or sell for $1 to the NZR  Inc 

* Use say Avondale as a security fo a loan. 

* Reward them with new facilities as part of the loan. 

* NZR Inc operates under strict corporate law.

It is the government and club system thats lead to this situation. Get the government gone and the clubs answerable to NZR Inc or disband.

5 minutes ago, Nerula said:

Well thats an interesting proposition and I would go for it under the following situation.

It is the government and club system thats lead to this situation. Get the government gone and the clubs answerable to NZR Inc or disband.

Now you are thinking. Maybe NZR & Sports.

Discussion rather than argument is more fruitful. But I was coming from the position of where this thing enmired in RITA TAB and Government was stuck.

My 'blue collar bridles' about government control and club privilege. Set it free.

14 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Surely you don't mean Goddard after her abysmal performance in the UK? Judge Clapham maybe an option?

There are quite a few of them. I think they use racing as a diversion from a shit job.

Goddard was set up to fail. The establishment was rife with paedophilia and nasty sexual proclivities. Jimmy Savile, Rolf Harris in entertainment. Politicians a prime minister and we now discover, royalty. The right wing press went on to attack Goddard and her position was made untenable

5 minutes ago, Nerula said:

* Get the Government out of racing forever.''  Agree that means politicians have no responsibility and won't have to bullshit for every vote , when/if it fails it's gone forever , the end .

* Use say Avondale as a security for a loan.'  NO  , Sell Avondale and use the money for what remains of racing , 

* NZR Inc operates under strict corporate law.'  Yes then it's succeeds or fails , again failure will see it gone forever , 

Surviving will be everyone's challenge today , spare cash for punting , ownership will be hard to find , there won't be any easy fix for racing . Today 800,000 on work subsidy/dole , 600,000 on pension ,  600,000 under work age , population 4.4 million (onshore) ? .

THAT'S 2 million People are being paid/supported  by the government or around 45% of the population , how long can that last .

TA people have learned some hard lessons. Debt is good on your balance sheet - not. JIT ordering is the way to go - not. The Government will get us through this - wont. A roof over your head is a right and so is a job - it isnt.

The guts is Government is hopeless at running anything unless it is extraction of taxes. Racing way back when was a cash cow but no more. They fkd it.

14 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Another $20 Bonus bet hit the account today thanks very much.....:rolleyes:

During this down time they have had time to read the Marketing/Promo books for Beginners...

1.  Best way to increase sales is to get your regular customers to spend more......[ they haven't sent any my way so they not yet chasing the perennial losers ! ]

2.Bait and Switch.......lure the mugs in with a deal ,that will soon switch to more profitable business especially when nothing else to do.....no church ,no driving to the shops , no sport ,no life !

3.Poke the Bear !

4.Target the big players...the ones with coin !

5. Show your regulars some love ,when most needed

6.Stack em high and watch em fly !

etc etc