RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

Hard Luck Stories

1 hour ago, Trump said:

With 61.5kg and in the last race at Pakenham, at 9pm mid-week, in a Benchmark 64 race, you would normally not see D Oliver riding. He obviously doesn’t want anyone else getting on this horse,  which Made him a certainty last night and one to put in the Black Book in Capital Letter, Bold Print and Indelible Ink! There’ll be no decent odds on this one whenever and wherever he starts! You can also bet that Ollie will be on him.

Not wrong there Trumpy.....;)

https://www.racing.com/news/2020-04-09/news-ollie-weighs-up-camelot-quarantine?utm_source=Newsletter 100420&utm_medium=content&utm_campaign=racingcom

1 hour ago, Idolmite said:

How to turn a "hard luck" thread into a "gloating" thread in one easy post......

100% agree Idolmite and what's worse is the horrible attention seeking cretin is wrong. It wasn't Seachange's second attempt at achieving the triple crown. That was her 4 year season. Her 2nd attempt was as a five year old when Princess Coup won. 

33 minutes ago, SMD is rife said:

100% agree Idolmite and what's worse is the horrible attention seeking cretin is wrong. It wasn't Seachange's second attempt at achieving the triple crown. That was her 4 year season. Her 2nd attempt was as a five year old when Princess Coup won. 

Thanks for the clarification STD. ;)

You’ll have to forgive me. It was 14 years ago and a lot has transpired between now and then least of all living nearly 12 years in the greatest sporting city in the world. B)

It must be terribly depressing at the moment living in NZ with no racing. The NZ racing industry was screwed into submission as it was pre Covid, can’t imagine what it must be like now?! :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Idolmite said:

How to turn a "hard luck" thread into a "gloating" thread in one easy post......

Let me get this straight Bazza. So when Ernie tells us of a hard luck story which ends in a happy ending it’s ok yet when I tell of a hard luck story which ends in a happy ending I’m “gloating”. :rolleyes:

Love your bias free observation. Keep them comin! Makes for an entertaining Easter Friday. :P

8 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Bolts in by 7 at $1.40......great money in the end....:rcfe-like:

He won well Dave. As soon as Ollie pinged him out of the gates he was $1.01. 

What made his win even more impressive was that he over raced pretty much the whole way yet still easily put them to the sword. 

Not sure Ollie would sacrifice a 14 day quarantine for the SA Derby though. He might need a few added incentives to travel interstate. 

One of toughest hard luck stories horse wise imho must be Red Cadaeux and the ultimately fatal quest for the Melb Cup .

Esha Ness ridden by  John White "  winning " the 1993 Grand National that never was  at Aintree ,  risk life and limb over 30 huge fences , and nearly 7000 metres . He must have thought , why's everyone got a face like a slapped arse , I've just won the Grand National. Poor bugger , hard luck John .

On 4/9/2020 at 4:08 PM, CT"s said:

We drove down to Hastings on our annual pilgrimage one year to see Seachange in the Kelt Capital Stakes. She had won the 2 lead ups as she had the previous year and I was hopeful she could finally crack the Triple Crown. 

Unfortunately she wasn’t able to quite do it running a gallant 3rd to Legs much to Bert’s delight when she got rolled. 

I then produced a ticket to Bert of 2K to win on Racing To Win to win the Epsom which he duly obliged and we spent the night celebrating with Luke Radich and Stuey Laing as well as Maria (Chestnut) and her Mum.

Great memories B)

who is Bert? 

22 hours ago, TurnyTom said:

Dave I saw it go round on Super Saturday when at Flemington with Chris, leave it alone a better bet would be Vow and Declare on Saturday provided they put pace into the race, but VAD a good place bet, should be 4s for a place

It’s a very strong race Tom. 

If Danon Premium handles the heavy (it’s been raining in Sydney today) which he has been doing in track work, it will be his race to lose. He has a strong win over reigning Cox plate winner Lys Gracieux over 2000m which is by far the strongest form line for this race. 

If he doesn’t then Verry Elleegant, Master Of Wine and Addeybb must come into calculations.

VAD may need one more run on a testing heavy track second up against these fit horses. 

I’m sticking solid with J Mac and DP in this one B)

Good luck if you’ve had a punt on VAD. 

10 minutes ago, CT"s said:

It’s a very strong race Tom. 

If Danon Premium handles the heavy (it’s been raining in Sydney today) which he has been doing in track work, it will be his race to lose. He has a strong win over reigning Cox plate winner Lys Gracieux over 2000m which is by far the strongest form line for this race. 

If he doesn’t then Verry Elleegant, Master Of Wine and Addeybb must come into calculations.

VAD may need one more run on a testing heavy track second up against these fit horses. 

I’m sticking solid with J Mac and DP in this one B)

Good luck if you’ve had a punt on VAD. 

These top Japanese horses rarely get a go on soft or worse at home . The odd good race on soft , big fields top class only 1 can get the win . Deep impact the sire struck a good track in Arc ran 3rd then failed dope test . Dam went on soft/ heavy . Deep Impact few stock in Europe can go well with give , look at high class Saxon Warrior unbeaten at 2 in top level , in 3 races at that age soft or worse .

The Japanese horses generally go well in Arc and Longchamp in Oct normally good or worse , Orfevre a champion at home , went nicely in soft at Longchamp twice .

17 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

These top Japanese horses rarely get a go on soft or worse at home . The odd good race on soft , big fields top class only 1 can get the win . Deep impact the sire struck a good track in Arc ran 3rd then failed dope test . Dam went on soft/ heavy . Deep Impact few stock in Europe can go well with give , look at high class Saxon Warrior unbeaten at 2 in top level , in 3 races at that age soft or worse .

The Japanese horses generally go well in Arc and Longchamp in Oct normally good or worse , Orfevre a champion at home , went nicely in soft at Longchamp twice .

Indeed Red Rum. I was just looking at the replay of Orferve in the Arc this morning. How heartbreaking that must have been for the Japanese.

From what I’ve seen in his track work I can’t see the heavy being an issue for him. 

44 minutes ago, von Smallhaussen said:

who is Bert? 

Andrew Lacy. He was infamous on race cafe many years ago when Ange and Dave (the creators of the site) still owned it.

Now I believe he has a role within the BGP crew from what I’ve been told. 

Ted (rdytdy) will no doubt know. 

He was also the person who paid my old man 2K into his TAB account of a bet I won off short stuff after I moved to Melbourne. :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, CT"s said:

Indeed Red Rum. I was just looking at the replay of Orferve in the Arc this morning. How heartbreaking that must have been for the Japanese.

From what I’ve seen in his track work I can’t see the heavy being an issue for him. 

Actually he is a hard luck story himself , hit the rails near post and lost some momentum , iam sure it was him did that .

19 hours ago, CT"s said:

Let me get this straight Bazza. So when Ernie tells us of a hard luck story which ends in a happy ending it’s ok yet when I tell of a hard luck story which ends in a happy ending I’m “gloating”. :rolleyes:

Love your bias free observation. Keep them comin! Makes for an entertaining Easter Friday. :P

Ernie didn't STEAL $4700 off a fellow punter and gloat about it you filthy lying THIEF , there is a difference you THIEVING PRICK .

19 hours ago, Red Rum said:

One of toughest hard luck stories horse wise imho must be Red Cadaeux and the ultimately fatal quest for the Melb Cup .

Yeah I was onboard, but realsed after, that all those good wins (on vid) had come on right handed tracks.

Got out by whacking ($800) Johannes Veemar for a place at 4's.  

5 minutes ago, Charlie Bukowski said:

Ernie didn't STEAL $4700 off a fellow punter and gloat about it you filthy lying THIEF , there is a difference you THIEVING PRICK .

Why have I suddenly got visions of that film “Grumpy Old Men?” :lol:

Cheer up Charlie. Go and find that winning ticket you accidentally screwed up and threw in the bin and put it on Funstar along with your pension. You won’t be disappointed. ;) 

1 hour ago, CT"s said:

Why have I suddenly got visions of that film “Grumpy Old Men?” :lol:

Cheer up Charlie. Go and find that winning ticket you accidentally screwed up and threw in the bin and put it on Funstar along with your pension. You won’t be disappointed. ;) 

You openly admit to "taking" $4700 that was not yours. Your moral high ground is deeply submerged.

If you found $5k in a paper bag on the tram would you hand it into the police? (Which is what you could have done with the ticket, by the way, if unclaimed you would have got it anyway)

Anyway, people make their own choices and live with them I suppose.

25 minutes ago, Hufkissen said:

You openly admit to "taking" $4700 that was not yours. Your moral high ground is deeply submerged.

If you found $5k in a paper bag on the tram would you hand it into the police? (Which is what you could have done with the ticket, by the way, if unclaimed you would have got it anyway)

Anyway, people make their own choices and live with them I suppose.

If I found $5k in a paper bag I’d know it’s Damien Oliver’s. :lol:

In all seriousness though I wouldn’t trust a Crown employee to locate the owner of a blank $4700 betting voucher. 

13 minutes ago, CT"s said:

If I found $5k in a paper bag I’d know it’s Damien Oliver’s. :lol:

In all seriousness though I wouldn’t trust a Crown employee to locate the owner of a blank $4700 betting voucher. 

The Crown employee was not your only option - you should have gone to the police (station just around the corner at Southbank or the booth at Flinders Street Station) with it. It is the right thing to do.

3 minutes ago, Hufkissen said:

The Crown employee was not your only option - you should have gone to the police (station just around the corner at Southbank or the booth at Flinders Street Station) with it. It is the right thing to do.

You are right Hufkissen. I had no idea about “theft by finding” until you brought this to my attention.

If I’m in a similar position in the future I will be sure to hand it in to the police station. 

Thank you again for making me aware of this. 

5 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Thomson you’ve already demonstrates that you lack integrity and morality on this thread...but nonetheless I’d like to hear Aunty Janet’s hard luck story again....the one where she bought Sunline off Trev, when she didn’t buy Sunline, at the sale Sunline wasn’t at, but Aunty Janet thought she was ....I liked that story 

It was a pretty good story short stuff. Lesson learnt there. I won’t be quoting Janet again. :ph34r: She’s a good soul though, and loves her horses. 

Did Colin tell you I work for Red Energy? We had a nice chat the other day. ;)

P.S. Don’t forget to back Funstar. She‘ll go better than you dressed as Joe Exotic. B)