RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

Hard Luck Stories

34 minutes ago, CT"s said:

Spoiler alert. There is no big Mario weasel. :)

I wouldn’t trust the TAB to find the owner of a blank $4700 betting voucher. Would you? 

Keep up with the play old son ;)

thanks for that spoiler alert CT, just as well you told me cos I'd never have guessed there was no Big Mario by my own self. Yep, we'd sure be lost without your kind consideration.

47 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

You will be having a decent go at the good thing today then CT.....Russian Camelot at $1.30. ?? :lol:

Too busy working today mate! Let me know how he goes B)

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

Genius work OM, 4700 on at 1.30 , take profit and pay out Super Mario his wedge and a 20 buck Pizza Hut voucher  , contract cancelled,  no horses heads in bed , problem solved .

Rusty when he's finished talking with horses can maybe contact Mario at 10.35 pm tonight as RC passes the post .

This is some of your finest work Red Rum. 

Very good indeed :lol:

I see he’s racing in the last at Pakenham this evening. $1.25 Fixed. I don’t think a blind man would back him after what happened at the barrier last time. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, talk said:

Thanks Gruff. My memory is not what it was. In fact, to be honest, it was nevr really any great shakes. I am in awe of a number of posters on RC and the likes of Des Coppins who can recall horses from decades ago.

Cheers

Tony

Your memory isnt that bad, those events were 14 years ago as you rightly said which within itself is impressive, so the essence of your post was correct .It took me 10 minutes to check it out, they dont include abandoned races on NZracing . :rcfe-like:

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

Genius work OM, 4700 on at 1.30 , take profit and pay out Super Mario his wedge and a 20 buck Pizza Hut voucher  , contract cancelled,  no horses heads in bed , problem solved .

Rusty when he's finished talking with horses can maybe contact Mario at 10.35 pm tonight as RC passes the post .

Right, I just finished a Skype session with Big Mario.

I was lucky to catch him actually.

Apparently he'd spent all day messing round with some fridge gas, blue watery liquid, test tubes, a few jiggers, needles and a centrifuge. He assured me that the face mask that he was wearing was strictly for precautionary measures against the chinese flu. Doesn't explain the blood on his mask, but anyway... 

He said he is happy with the $4,700 but change the Pizza Hut voucher to one for Sophia's (Italian) Restaurant in Camberwell, and all will be forgiven. 

By they way... he said race 8, number 2 at Pakenham tonight won't be beaten. 

6 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Right, I just finished a Skype session with Big Mario.

I was lucky to catch him actually.

Apparently he'd spent all day messing round with some fridge gas, blue watery liquid, test tubes, a few jiggers, needles and a centrifuge. He assured me that the face mask that he was wearing was strictly for precautionary measures against the chinese flu. Doesn't explain the blood on his mask, but anyway... 

He said he is happy with the $4,700 but change the Pizza Hut voucher to one for Sophia's (Italian) Restaurant in Camberwell, and all will be forgiven. 

By they way... he said race 8, number 2 at Pakenham tonight won't be beaten. 

You’d better update weasel personally on that info Rusty :lol:

12 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Now $1.22......:lol:

Dave I saw it go round on Super Saturday when at Flemington with Chris, leave it alone a better bet would be Vow and Declare on Saturday provided they put pace into the race, but VAD a good place bet, should be 4s for a place

9 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Dave I saw it go round on Super Saturday when at Flemington with Chris, leave it alone a better bet would be Vow and Declare on Saturday provided they put pace into the race, but VAD a good place bet, should be 4s for a place

Don’t know who would back RC at that price Tom, particularly with his issues. Not me anyway.....;)

Get onto VAD, when at Flemington with Chris I saw a super star - Rubisaki, this lovely filly could be anything - she is something very special, Chris put me onto her and talked her up but after Flemington and Sydney last week Chris is on the money - got 2 very good collects off her and it won't be my Final Touch

Tom

2 minutes ago, gubellini said:

talk that Fillies and Mares race at Rotorua in May 2006 was rerun at Rotorua the following month and Ascot Isle actually won it! Only paid $5.75 though.

Thanks Gubes. I don't recall backing her. If I did, it would have been small consolation. Justice done for the owner though.

21 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Don’t know who would back RC at that price Tom, particularly with his issues. Not me anyway.....;)

1 minute ago, Rusty said:

Aussie corporates have him at $19s and $4.80 currently. 

15 horses have started at under 1.30 in Victoria this year, 15 have won but 1.22 nothing in that for me at my stake levels .

Rusty , V and D will need binos to see Addeyeb and Danon Premium down the straight , jockey should be charged an entry fee as he will be a spectator as they pull away,  Vow and Declare would be better off staying home in Melbourne  with a Sophia  ( Italian ) Restaurant Camberwell lockdown takeaway with your mate Super Mario , they will have to eat it  all as fridge outta gas for leftovers I read .

Damon Premium May come unstuck if the track on Sat is Heavy. With plenty of rain in Sydney today and tomorrow, there’s a big chance it will be a Slow 7 at best! The Japs race on hard tracks so this could thwart his chances. The English raider will be suited as will Verry Elleegant. 

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Bolts in by 7 at $1.40......great money in the end....:rcfe-like:

Hosed home after pulling a bit , could have doubled distance  , formlines out Flemington race were great and he starts on terms he wins that race  , now he knows how to start he will go close in South Australia Derby .Foaled 29/3/17 so he's doing well as Northern 3 year old .

Should see out trip of Derby  , half bro No Trouble by sprinter No Nay Never won over 2400  in Feb and races well over 2000 plus . Damside from Meon Valley  Stud line, stamina in there  , very very good horses come out of their families .

No qet rich quick at 1.40 though OM, would have been 1.01 in running after 100 metres.

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Damon Premium May come unstuck if the track on Sat is Heavy. With plenty of rain in Sydney today and tomorrow, there’s a big chance it will be a Slow 7 at best! The Japs race on hard tracks so this could thwart his chances. The English raider will be suited as will Verry Elleegant. 

I like Addeyeb , more rain  the better, flew through heavy at Haydock last year and I read while ago that's one of reasons trainer decided on coming out as normally give in ground in Sydney this time year , going was bit quick for him last time out according to pre race interview few weeks ago . Danon Premium never tried on heavy however the dam went well with give in it in Ireland. 

12 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Hosed home after pulling a bit , could have doubled distance  , formlines out Flemington race were great and he starts on terms he wins that race  , now he knows how to start he will go close in South Australia Derby .Foaled 29/3/17 so he's doing well as Northern 3 year old .

Should see out trip of Derby  , half bro No Trouble by sprinter No Nay Never won over 2400  in Feb and races well over 2000 plus . Damside from Meon Valley  Stud line, stamina in there  , very very good horses come out of their families .

No qet rich quick at 1.40 though OM, would have been 1.01 in running after 100 metres.

Big upside to this bloke RR. Cost 120,000 Guineas at sales. Part owned by John Wheeler.

With that Montjeu and Sadlers Wells blood in the pedigree you can only see him getting better over longer.

10 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Big upside to this bloke RR. Cost 120,000 Guineas at sales. Part owned by John Wheeler.

With that Montjeu and Sadlers Wells blood in the pedigree you can only see him getting better over longer.

That age disadvantage would be just that slight  little query in Derby if he comes up against a tough bugger , but he's proved he is forward and northern 3 year olds can take on elders pretty quickly , more so in lower grades . Guineas to pound to nzd about 260k , a good buy .

These agents picking up these unraced northern horses doing really good job .

1 hour ago, weasel57 said:

THE CONNECTIONS OF RUSSIAN CAMELOT WERE DELIGHTED TO LEARN CT WAS TOO BUSY WORKING TO PUT THE MOCKERS ON THEIR HORSE, WHICH NATURALLY WENT ON TO WIN THE RACE LOL

Word has it the Connections ( who know the Vet)were monitoring this site as they began loading ready to late scratch, nerve wracking times :rcf-sad:

With 61.5kg and in the last race at Pakenham, at 9pm mid-week, in a Benchmark 64 race, you would normally not see D Oliver riding. He obviously doesn’t want anyone else getting on this horse,  which Made him a certainty last night and one to put in the Black Book in Capital Letter, Bold Print and Indelible Ink! There’ll be no decent odds on this one whenever and wherever he starts! You can also bet that Ollie will be on him.

22 hours ago, CT"s said:

We drove down to Hastings on our annual pilgrimage one year to see Seachange in the Kelt Capital Stakes. She had won the 2 lead ups as she had the previous year and I was hopeful she could finally crack the Triple Crown. 

Unfortunately she wasn’t able to quite do it running a gallant 3rd to Legs much to Bert’s delight when she got rolled. 

I then produced a ticket to Bert of 2K to win on Racing To Win to win the Epsom which he duly obliged and we spent the night celebrating with Luke Radich and Stuey Laing as well as Maria (Chestnut) and her Mum.

Great memories B)

How to turn a "hard luck" thread into a "gloating" thread in one easy post......