RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GOM

Does anyone know?

If the association has put or considered protocols for the resumption of racing when it finally does start ? I would expect there will be some contact with the great unwashed to see where they stand and give them some kind of goal so they can ready their hounds for startup

i would of thought until the thoroughbreds start back up we might of stolen a few early sat arfo meetings, we should get a 4 to 6 week head start on the other 2 codes as the old saying goes "make hay while the ................. 

Unbelievable, full; book of sprint races for each meeting for a startup. What this actually saying is we do not think you are capable of knowing how to prepare your dogs so we will do it for you. What about trainers will need trial days to ready their dogs for racing. A lot of trainers are capable of readying their dogs for all distances without leaving home. I realise there are some are incapable of that for one reason or other but the majority of trainers can.

Many dogs (middle distance) are immediately excluded which is neither fair or necessary . This scream's that we have given in to mediocrity, the rest of the world are trying to increase  the distance for the average race.

Surely trainers should be expected and trusted to make these decisions.

i am sure they had good intentions but yeah surely if they didn't get enough noms for 520m then just runs sprints, i am sure trainers out there no their dogs better than the pen pushers......

let's hope the L.Ps can get this reconsidered i have read some feed back and basically the mood out there was let the trainers decide  

One would think, it will have to do with how many people in the area at a said time . Have 520 races you need catchers. New steps will be put in place if and when we drop back to level 3 . That doesn’t mean we will be able to race , we might not be included in level 3. 

While my memory is pretty good - I cant remember the last time we mothballed our tracks for four weeks.

GOM  can you tell me how well the tracks come back after four weeks off?  Do the lures come back refreshed and ready for action?

Or would it make total sense to trial them plenty before racing?

Pickel it would depend on what the lures had been up to during the shutdown. If they had stayed in their bobble as they were supposed to and just hibernated for the whole time they should be refreshed but if they were out partying the whole time or mountain biking they should hand in their resignation.

If on the other hand you are talking about the lure driver, our one should be refreshed as I haven't seen him poke his head out of his bubble yet. mind you he has a new wife so there is no guarantee there either.

BREAKDOWN OF RESTART (Based on GRNZ advisory)

1. Multiple trials to be held over the preceding week at specified tracks.

2. Racing will commence at three tracks only. Addington (295m), Wanganui (305m), Auckland (318m) as per advisory.

3. First race meeting in each region to be 12 races comprised of sprints only. That may be reduced to 10 races for the first day of racing in each region. All dogs racing at the first regional meeting will be kennelled prior to race one. This day will be used to establish protocols. The following meetings will include all distance nominations.

4. 9 race meetings per week.  Addington x4, Wanganui x3, Auckland x2. Racing to commence on a Monday.

My post is based on the two advisories issued by the GRNZ. The rumour is Auckland has been dropped in favour of Waikato. Can anyone confirm this?

On 4/9/2020 at 8:46 AM, eljay said:

Surely it will all depend on Jacinda and inter-zone travel permitted (or not permitted)

Could be an issue for those racing from Cambridge, Tirau, Ohaupo, Tokoroa, Rotorua, or anyone else (the majority) racing from outside the Auckland region. If travel restrictions are imposed, Auckland will struggle to fill fields. Likely couldn't card 12 races.

29 minutes ago, Emotive said:

Could be an issue for those racing from Cambridge, Tirau, Ohaupo, Tokoroa, Rotorua, or anyone else (the majority) racing from outside the Auckland region. If travel restrictions are imposed, Auckland will struggle to fill fields. Likely couldn't card 12 races.

Disagree, the majority don’t race from those regions. Udy/Cottam, Farrell, Craik, O’Neill, O’Regan, Steele + all nominate a greater number of racing dogs at the Auckland meetings opposed to Waikato. Walsh and Lawrence haven’t been seen at Manukau for quite some time. 

1 hour ago, Track Record said:

Disagree, the majority don’t race from those regions. Udy/Cottam, Farrell, Craik, O’Neill, O’Regan, Steele + all nominate a greater number of racing dogs at the Auckland meetings opposed to Waikato. Walsh and Lawrence haven’t been seen at Manukau for quite some time. 

You missed the point Track Record ie travel restrictions. Steele's live in Te Awamutu which on my map is south of Cambridge, Udy/Cottam in Te Kauwhata in the Waikato. These people are outside the Auckland region, some significantly outside. 

Advanced issue found

11 hours ago, Track Record said:

Farrell, Craik,

Track Record

I did a quick count of the trainer premiership. Of the Northern trainers 29 live outside the Auckland region. Eight trainers live within the Auckland regional boundary, only two that you named.
If travel restrictions are imposed under Level 3 conditions, racing at Auckland could be problematic.

On 4/10/2020 at 11:22 PM, Emotive said:

Track Record

I did a quick count of the trainer premiership. Of the Northern trainers 29 live outside the Auckland region. Eight trainers live within the Auckland regional boundary, only two that you named.
If travel restrictions are imposed under Level 3 conditions, racing at Auckland could be problematic

6 minutes ago, Rules For Some said:

If the travel restrictions are the same as they are now. How many people would live within a 30km radius of cambridge?

It is my understanding that in the case of racing, travel will be restricted to within a region. Most Northern trainers reside inside the Waikato region.

18 hours ago, Emotive said:

It is my understanding that in the case of racing, travel will be restricted to within a region. Most Northern trainers reside inside the Waikato region.

I think you will find travel restrictions under a level 3 model are very similar to a level 4 model with a little bit more leniency around why you are allowed to go out. However, it is entirely reasonable that some places with more cases may remain under stricter lockdown rules like Auckland and the waikato. If the traveling restrictions were still in place, someone from te kanawhata or even te awamutu cannot travel to cambridge 

On 4/14/2020 at 1:48 PM, Emotive said:

You can rule out racing continuing under level 3 by the sounds of it. I doubt any racing will continue until late june

from what i hear they still do not know if we will be racing under the level 3 banner.......

they have little concern about holding racing at chch with the tight restrictions if they get the go ahead, but the cd and northern area are a bit more merkier with the advice on travel between regions i would imagine auckland would struggle to fill fields without waikato trained dogs and vice versa.......

hopefully if they make the decision on monday to downgrade we will know a lot more, if we stay at level 4 could be another long month for L.Ps

On 4/17/2020 at 7:45 PM, shodsie said:

from what i hear they still do not know if we will be racing under the level 3 banner.......

they have little concern about holding racing at chch with the tight restrictions if they get the go ahead, but the cd and northern area are a bit more merkier with the advice on travel between regions i would imagine auckland would struggle to fill fields without waikato trained dogs and vice versa.......

hopefully if they make the decision on monday to downgrade we will know a lot more, if we stay at level 4 could be another long month for L.Ps

From field numbers, I'd imagine more trainers would prefer Auckland than cambridge