RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
WOODBINE

Trackside radio should consider a play for Radio Sport

I grew up listening to Radio Sport and its link to cricket and rugby in particular. Before Trackside Radio started the TAB took a shareholding interest in Radio Hauraki in order to ensure the continued radio coverage of races.

Why not think outside the square RITA and look at a play for Radio Sport?

Methinks they would be more focused on capital raising than capital spending at this juncture, Radio Sport gone and lots of media in dire straights financially. they wont be the last as the media skyline changes very rapidly under current govt structures

Greg

1 minute ago, JJ Flash said:

Methinks they would be more focused on capital raising than capital spending at this juncture, Radio Sport gone and lots of media in dire straights financially. they wont be the last as the media skyline changes very rapidly under current govt structures

Greg

The media skyline has already changed, every sport including racing can be accessed on the interweb quite easily , apart from drivers tuning in I dont see an audience for radio sports .

What is this "Sport" that you mention? Is it an olden days term?

Good point you have raised.

Trackside radio are already paying for their current radio frequencies around the country however, so I couldn't see them wanting to pay additional coin, for something they already have? 

Maybe they could fine tune what they have, when life returns to normal transmission. 

Glen Larmer is an excellent sports host/commentator. His knowledge of such a vast array of sports is quite incredible, and a great asset.

2 hours ago, Rusty said:

What is this "Sport" that you mention? Is it an olden days term?

Good point you have raised.

Trackside radio are already paying for their current radio frequencies around the country however, so I couldn't see them wanting to pay additional coin, for something they already have? 

Maybe they could fine tune what they have, when life returns to normal transmission. 

Glen Larmer is an excellent sports host/commentator. His knowledge of such a vast array of sports is quite incredible, and a great asset.

Glen Larmer is excellent with vast array of knowledge over all sports and a great asset as you say Rusty....

Well I think Glen Larmer is an amateur twot...................he does not initiate original questions, he plays buddy buddy with every person he interviews and in some cases they have never heard of him. He is a basic plonker who needs to understand what good radio journalism really is.

My basis of this is that I was forced to listen to him every morning in a rehab gym for months about four years ago, maybe the years have improved him, but with his IQ I doubt that very much.

6 minutes ago, John Clydesdale said:

Well I think Glen Larmer is an amateur twot...................he does not initiate original questions, he plays buddy buddy with every person he interviews and in some cases they have never heard of him. He is a basic plonker who needs to understand what good radio journalism really is.

My basis of this is that I was forced to listen to him every morning in a rehab gym for months about four years ago, maybe the years have improved him, but with his IQ I doubt that very much.

tor at Roaring Media (NZ) Limited

Auckland, New Zealand500+ connections

About

I’ve been a broadcast journalist since 1993. After a long stint in radio (3 years in news, 10 in sports), I moved to television. I was employed at TVNZ for six years. Since late 2011, I've been freelancing.

I am a multi-skilled broadcaster with a love of news and sport and have commentated / reported at several world sports events including five Olympic Games, two Asian Games, one Youth Olympic Games, one European Games and one Commonwealth Games.

Rio 2016 was my 5th Olympic Games. I commentated eight sports for host broadcaster OBS, with my commentaries broadcast to over 180 countries, including the BBC, CBC, Channel Seven, Supersport and Sky Television New Zealand.

Current Roles:

SKY TELEVISION - Freelance Sports Commentator.
TAB TRACKSIDE RADIO - 'The Kick Off' Host. Weekdays 6-10am.

Other roles since December 2011:

(1) OLYMPIC BROADCASTING SERVICES - 2016 Olympic Games Television Commentator.
(2) INTERNATIONAL SPORTS BROADCASTING - 2015 European Games TV Commentator.
(3) SPORTS INC. NZ - 2015 & 2016 Auckland 1st XV Rugby Union commentator, presenter, voiceover.
(4) OLYMPIC BROADCASTING SERVICES - 2014 Youth Olympic Games Television Commentator.
(5) OCEANIA FOOTBALL CONFEDERATION TELEVISION - Football Commentator.
(6) MEDIAWORKS NZ - RadioLive host (Saturday Sport) & Back-Up Breakfast Sports News Reader.
(7) THE RADIO NETWORK (Radio Sport & Newstalk ZB Auckland) - Sports Opinion Panelist.
(8) QUANTUM EVENTS LTD - External Media Relations, Communications Advisor & TV Host.
(9) EDGE CREATIVE LTD - Master of Ceremonies for Usain Bolt visit to New Zealand.
(10) MATCHPOINT EVENTS LTD - Sports Television Commentator (CUE TV & SKY TV).
(11) GRAHAM VEITCH TELEVISION - Mainfreight (Heartland) Rugby Commentator.
(12) HARBOUR SPORT - Communications Leader and 2017 Sports Awards MC.
(13) TVNZ - News Presenter and Producer, Sports News Reporter & Line-up Producer, Sports Commentator & Interviewer, Voiceover Trainer, Sports Opinion Panelist (tvnz.co.nz).

17 minutes ago, Gruff said:

tor at Roaring Media (NZ) Limited

Auckland, New Zealand500+ connections

About

I’ve been a broadcast journalist since 1993. After a long stint in radio (3 years in news, 10 in sports), I moved to television. I was employed at TVNZ for six years. Since late 2011, I've been freelancing.

I am a multi-skilled broadcaster with a love of news and sport and have commentated / reported at several world sports events including five Olympic Games, two Asian Games, one Youth Olympic Games, one European Games and one Commonwealth Games.

Rio 2016 was my 5th Olympic Games. I commentated eight sports for host broadcaster OBS, with my commentaries broadcast to over 180 countries, including the BBC, CBC, Channel Seven, Supersport and Sky Television New Zealand.

Current Roles:

SKY TELEVISION - Freelance Sports Commentator.
TAB TRACKSIDE RADIO - 'The Kick Off' Host. Weekdays 6-10am.

Other roles since December 2011:

(1) OLYMPIC BROADCASTING SERVICES - 2016 Olympic Games Television Commentator.
(2) INTERNATIONAL SPORTS BROADCASTING - 2015 European Games TV Commentator.
(3) SPORTS INC. NZ - 2015 & 2016 Auckland 1st XV Rugby Union commentator, presenter, voiceover.
(4) OLYMPIC BROADCASTING SERVICES - 2014 Youth Olympic Games Television Commentator.
(5) OCEANIA FOOTBALL CONFEDERATION TELEVISION - Football Commentator.
(6) MEDIAWORKS NZ - RadioLive host (Saturday Sport) & Back-Up Breakfast Sports News Reader.
(7) THE RADIO NETWORK (Radio Sport & Newstalk ZB Auckland) - Sports Opinion Panelist.
(8) QUANTUM EVENTS LTD - External Media Relations, Communications Advisor & TV Host.
(9) EDGE CREATIVE LTD - Master of Ceremonies for Usain Bolt visit to New Zealand.
(10) MATCHPOINT EVENTS LTD - Sports Television Commentator (CUE TV & SKY TV).
(11) GRAHAM VEITCH TELEVISION - Mainfreight (Heartland) Rugby Commentator.
(12) HARBOUR SPORT - Communications Leader and 2017 Sports Awards MC.
(13) TVNZ - News Presenter and Producer, Sports News Reporter & Line-up Producer, Sports Commentator & Interviewer, Voiceover Trainer, Sports Opinion Panelist (tvnz.co.nz).

Larmer is as useless as tits on a stallion.

NOT one ounce of Horse Racing background bar been on a radio station that needs people with Horse & Grey hound racing on.

Some of those who have lost their jobs might wake up and realise the roles they have had to play in the demise of the Sport of Kings for their stupid comments about Coronavirus/ Covid19.

It's overdue for a world wide wake up call and rethink how "academics" control what happens in the world without  been held to account under laws.

They after all are the ones that politicians seek "advice" from.

Useless pricks 

* and follow the advise of.

Remember the statistics used in a survey of less than 1500 people in regards to how many people watched Trackside on Freeview TV?

The same dopey buggers flawed methodology used.

On 4/5/2020 at 6:01 PM, Nukkledragga said:

The media skyline has already changed, every sport including racing can be accessed on the interweb quite easily , apart from drivers tuning in I dont see an audience for radio sports .

The advantage of radio is that one can do other stuff while listening, rather than being obliged to sit at a screen.

Without Sky/Spark tv, or Radio Sport, might have to buy a newspaper to find the cricket scores.

Banking industry is screwed as failed to contain the virus years ago..money laundering will always go on and hopefully the world lock down will bring the buggers down who have caused this, that includes idiots in media & politicians who have failed to address wider racing issues with good old fashioned journalist skills.

Social media is not the same as old fashioned investigative journalism