RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mooseman

Place 6.....today please T.A.B. 05/04/20

Just a we plea...is there any chance of the good old Tab on putting up a couple place 6's on the oz gallops maybe Echuca, Wellington today to spice up the betting options for us suburban peasants..:rcfe-money:   Im sure its just the push of a button to put on many smile for us place 6 aholics...cheers if someone can pass this on to someone in the big house:rcfe-money:        P.S. and for a daily future meetings mon,tues,wed etc. too.

32 minutes ago, mooseman said:

Just a we plea...is there any chance of the good old Tab on putting up a couple place 6's on the oz gallops maybe Echuca, Wellington today to spice up the betting options for us suburban peasants..:rcfe-money:   Im sure its just the push of a button to put on many smile for us place 6 aholics...cheers if someone can pass this on to someone in the big house:rcfe-money:        P.S. and for a daily future meetings mon,tues,wed etc. too.

Captive audience at moment  , even the few of us working have some downtime to watch some real live action and have a bet  , they ran a virtual Grand National yesterday in UK, by all accounts very popular , on free to air , primetime and all profits to health charities . It just takes a bit of oomph , no oomph nothing going to come out the end of this .

2 minutes ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

Good idea. Tell me.. if you take this regularly, what's your strategy? 2 or 3 per race, big stake, big percentage? Or fewer per race, $10 or so stake, smaller percentage?

Asking for a friend. ;)

He spends about $40 on average and goes multiples for around 10 %, does quite well at it to boot :rcfe-like:

1 hour ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

Good idea. Tell me.. if you take this regularly, what's your strategy? 2 or 3 per race, big stake, big percentage? Or fewer per race, $10 or so stake, smaller percentage?

Asking for a friend. ;)

Hi Houla, its ok to ask for on behalf of your partner:rcfe-happy-2: hehe. Place 6 is one of my fav betting options as I have raise on race café a long time ago when the earth was green and unicorns you'st to roam free.....anyway that's another story.

So basically as Gruffy said, I have a set amount in the budget for the day as we all should do, $20-$40 set aside per place 6 which allow to take a few in every leg...not often I anchor a leg as I like to be going live into the last leg - not knocked out in the first leg riding only on one horse. So for a good chance for example 3 horses in every leg (3x3x3x3x3x3) will cost $73 for 10% start share or $37 for a 5% minimum start share.....and each time 2 or more hosres place in one race the % will x2 or x3 and so on. By the way if you manage to get up to 100% by or after the last race and no other tickets are live, the pool is yours!!!! Winner winner chicken dinner!!

What I have done is experiment with combinations and fined tuned to my liking.

Have a go, have fun, Good luck Houla and friends.!:) 

9 hours ago, mooseman said:

Just a wee addition that might improve it if it ever does happen .They sometimes run turbo pick6s that have races from different venues.The one thing I dont like about place 6 is small fields that pay only 2 divvys and therefore kill turnover ( mine anyway) if they cherry picked fields to give a better product like they do with pick6 it will get a few punters ( just like me) interested

34 minutes ago, Nukkledragga said:

Just a wee addition that might improve it if it ever does happen .They sometimes run turbo pick6s that have races from different venues.The one thing I dont like about place 6 is small fields that pay only 2 divvys and therefore kill turnover ( mine anyway) if they cherry picked fields to give a better product like they do with pick6 it will get a few punters ( just like me) interested

The Two divvy fields can make a place 6 at times Nukkles, small fields have a way of producing upset results as you well know

Thanks for the heads up Mr Moose.

Might give it a crack this weekend, perhaps with a 3/3/3/3/2/2 play, $1 units $324, so 32 for 10% etc. 

MOST of the time I can manage to pick a place runner, in MOST races I bet in, so we will see if this is the way to a new Audi or just a reconditioned Toyota....

Anyway. Go well. 

50 minutes ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

I was sitting pretty with 3 live in the last leg...but not the first three!

I will keep tinkering. Thanks for the insights. :)

Damm i saw your picks, so close, sometimes i take four picks in the last leg (or in any super tuff looking leg) as extra buffer only if ive gone light early.

Unfortunately i didnt get to bet yesterday as i blew my funds friday night and couldnt transfer money to top up tab account because of long weekend banks not trading bugga, i was kicking myself as i would have got a 5%min share of Randwick (probably money back) but the Caulfield Place 6 ...who knows possibly big bucks.!:huh:

Some Stats.

Randwick final pool $7,897                                          Caulfield final pool $2,488

Will pays ranging $333 - $448                                     Will pays ranging $964 - $1096

Actual payout $636                                                        Actual payout $2,140 ($348 Jackpot)

4 horses unrepresented in last leg                              6 horses unrepresented in last leg

Correct Houla, not commingled or terminating. Yes biggest pools on a sat or a cup meeting..10k is about as big as they get otherwise 5k-6k for a sat pool, midweek 3k is about the average.

If a place 6 has a jackpot..dont hold ya breath for the jackpot pool - A place 6 had almost all the pool jackpot one time, about 7k so i thought be good to follow up at the next place 6, i kept an eye out but all the following place 6's didnt have any 7k boost. I rang the Tab help line only to be told that jackpot money will go into the next circuit which will most likely be a quaddie pool - Rat Shit..!!!! i thought after being a loyal place 6 taker.

1 hour ago, mooseman said:

Correct Houla, not commingled or terminating. Yes biggest pools on a sat or a cup meeting..10k is about as big as they get otherwise 5k-6k for a sat pool, midweek 3k is about the average.

If a place 6 has a jackpot..dont hold ya breath for the jackpot pool - A place 6 had almost all the pool jackpot one time, about 7k so i thought be good to follow up at the next place 6, i kept an eye out but all the following place 6's didnt have any 7k boost. I rang the Tab help line only to be told that jackpot money will go into the next circuit which will most likely be a quaddie pool - Rat Shit..!!!! i thought after being a loyal place 6 taker.

Good for us Quaddie takers though Moosey :rcf-in-love: 

2 hours ago, Gruff said:

Good for us Quaddie takers though Moosey :rcf-in-love: 

Yes quaddies clearly more attractive for TAB. Slim possibility of huge payouts attracts people.I cannot fathom how hard it its to regurlarly pick 2 or even 3 winners, let alone 4.....But to my mind finding six place getters across six races is more manageable. 

See how we go tomorrow - just got to decide on Sydney or Melbourne. Moose, where you heading?

1 hour ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

Yes quaddies clearly more attractive for TAB. Slim possibility of huge payouts attracts people.I cannot fathom how hard it its to regurlarly pick 2 or even 3 winners, let alone 4.....But to my mind finding six place getters across six races is more manageable. 

See how we go tomorrow - just got to decide on Sydney or Melbourne. Moose, where you heading?

Yep that Melbourne quaddie goes over a million dollars often - relate it to our weekly lotto draw..you might as well get a ticket/share in it and you have a better chance of getting it odds wise.

You know me Houly...im going for both place6's (and nz ones when they are on) you never know which one will surprise and have a big payout...so be consistant do the study and take em' all:)

And just a wee tip i do is to take the last four legs of your place 6 in the quaddie, eg.  if you've got 3x3x3x3 in the last four legs 10% of the quaddie will cost $8.10..peanuts, the amount of time you will strike is not regular but when you do Pay Day!!!! & sometimes icing on the cake of your place 6 collect:)

On 4/12/2020 at 7:01 PM, Peter R S said:

Sorry to gatecrash your thread, but here's my endorsement for place6 betting, lots of fun (and sometimes profit) for a small outlay.

screen1.pdf

screen2.pdf

Very good Peter 40% Randwick and almost a 10% share of Caulfield..so close. Thats how i started my place 6 betting low outlay and cautiously. My averaage place 6 bet now is around $25 now mianly to allow more runners in each leg.

Well done again Peter another place 6 success story:)