RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Cubes

Mrs Cubes is optimistic about Spring Racing @ Riccarton

Okey Dokey Smokey

All 'Cafers (we are sure) are fascinated about going's on at Cube Central and in general 'bout racing in Cannerbury (that reads Mainland ) NZ

Well...here goes....

The Cube Clan moved out from the farm for home renovations in Feb but the rental we moved to was too small for The Cubemeister , Mrs Cubes , Dodecahedron and Prism plus Cocoa the chocolate Lab and the cats Elenoar and Spotty so Mrs Cubes , Dodecahedron , Cocoa and Norsty ( nickname for Elenoar) went down to the bach ( crib ) in Wanaka but then the govement put in place a lockdown ban and travel ban thingy and so The Cubinator got stranded in Christchurch and is in an earthquake damaged 2 bedroom dunga with Prism and Spotty  (and the rest of the clan aren't ) however Mrs Cubes is not too perturbed 'cause she spoke to the trainer who said the Zacinto filly is fast but unruly (And all right-minded people must agree that you would rather have that than "slow and ruly" ) and the young colt is full of himself and prances 'round like a Group winner and racing in the Spring of 2020 will be the most awesome ever and Cubes knows many people doing it tough right know but also knows that better times are just around the corner .

Hope I don't go broke by Spring and can enjoy NZ Cup Day

Cubes and Out

I'm with you Cubes we all need to be positive and look forward to spring racing. I struggle with the negativity of some people.

That old adage out of adversity comes prosperity We fully intend to be up and ready to go come 1st July, if that's when we kick off. 

The Pitman Racing team aren't ready to give up, unlike some I know. The Parsons, Champion and Murphy stables share the same positive attitude we do.

All the best to the entire racing community see you back at the track!!

29 minutes ago, uneasy said:

I'm with you Cubes we all need to be positive and look forward to spring racing. I struggle with the negativity of some people.

That old adage out of adversity comes prosperity We fully intend to be up and ready to go come 1st July, if that's when we kick off. 

The Pitman Racing team aren't ready to give up, unlike some I know. The Parsons, Champion and Murphy stables share the same positive attitude we do.

Great.....a positive attitude which hopefully produces a positive expectancy leading to positive action.

NZTR said they are contacting trainers to make sure they ready to get underway ASAP ,once restrictions lifted.

And the Industry needs to be ready to go , so if these stables can inspire others then Canterbury should be first to the starting line.

The danger is that if all horses are sent to the hills as the huge Waikato stables were basically forced to do there is a chance at start date ,few will be ready.

The other problem could be that if a huge amount of horses all spell together ,then come back to stable together to all commence at the same time ...say 1 October ,there won't be the meetings to accommodate all horses ,which would really test connections resilience .

Also high on the pro-active list for all stables should be fully educating all staff etc on health protocol.

Its kinda obvious that at some stage the Guvmint will realise that the Virus problem needs to be managed through lifting restrictions and allowing people to get on with their lives.

Social distancing etc will still be the 'rule' ,so it pivotal that Aussie racing continues .

Pivotal also to the TAB ,who needs betting to try and replenish their coffers ,once they get rid of a lot of the excess overhead !

Good luck in helping get Canterbury racing back into action !

22 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Be positive Pitty.....except to your drug tests 

Meantime I’ll be frank, brutally so............racing is fucked

The pokies have kept us afloat for the last five years but they’re gone until further notice .....and that’s a huge slice of pure profit, just straight profit ....gone.....

Hopefully the RIU ( which is funded by pokies ) will follow the spiral into oblivion ...

Not sure where the industry will go from there but it certainly won’t re-emerge in the same form that we know now ...it’s over, we saw the best days and those days are long gone, disappeared in the dust of the rear vision mirror of our lives 

Hang in there P4P.

The TAB could be a pretty good business , get rid of the fat from their operating expenses and sort the mess caused by the purchase of the troublesome new system and its ongoing cost.

With little in the way of physical assets the TAB can still make $150 mill pa being badly run.

Short term the $35-45 mil debt and loss of pokies revenue can be bridged by the big hitters in NZ racing.....and galloping does have a lot rich folk with a fair bit of skin in the game and a few who have made it thru racing , not to mention the Auckland Club who have solid investments.

That club can offer leadership in many ways...and their Board works FOC .....volunteers ,amazing really !

The TAB is the crown in the jewel.....don't forget it does over half its racing turnover in overseas racing .

Sport betting will come back...there will be life after the Virus!

Change is certain......since the 1970's petty personal interest has hamstrung them with their calendar and programs and trying to appease the clubs and regions.

Let them now show some authority ....the uneconomic clubs and those costly for the TAB to service need to go.Stakes need to come down initially.

Please maintain the current minimum stake and make  racing free...no nomination fee !

Cut your cloth to suit.....clean out the fat.

Lets get this show back on the road.

The TAB can make $150 mill a year .....poorly run !

On 4/3/2020 at 7:20 PM, uneasy said:

There's optimism Pitty. Then there's blind optimism. It's a fine line. I still think July 1 is much more of the latter, though I hope you are right.