RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man 11

Let's go you Old Farts ,get on with BGP.....

21 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

I'm sure those at the helm will appreciate it that you can see the problem OM.....and I see in an earlier post that  your picks would have been far more successful etc etc

Its kind of this attitude that motivates me and others to get involved with BGP who have brought a whole new dimension to racing and in particular enhanced the on-course experience.

And why the movement is doing more to interest the lost generation of younger folk back into racing ,than anything else I have seen for a long while.

Yesterday ,the kitty was lost  , it was Day 2 , for $105 per share I thought it good value.....Interest in two afternoons racing of the very best Group racing in Australia.

I for one , otherwise would not have had a bet other than the BGP interest.

Reading the smugness and negativity of your views ,maybe myself and other members should indeed just give up ,withdraw and put no more $$ thru the  NZTAB.

And BGP should disband and inform the growing membership.

NZ Racing will well and truly be finished then.

Your wishes will come true.

Smug prick aren’t we ? I’ve never said BGP was a bad thing, show me where I have and I’ll apologise.

My point, as I said previously but you obviously chose to ignore it, was that anyone could have done the research I did to get 8 winners yesterday.

Using the shotgun approach very rarely works, and listening to other “expert” tips rarely does either.

OM has a point, Collette stood out like Dogsballs but Heart over Head went Probabeel, nothing wrong with that. Hindsight is a wonderful thing in this game .... what about Jamekas Full brother Grand Slam $5.50 on Thursday in the first at the roomy Morphetville... this horse looks like making the grade over ground

37 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Smug prick aren’t we ? I’ve never said BGP was a bad thing, show me where I have and I’ll apologise.

My point, as I said previously but you obviously chose to ignore it, was that anyone could have done the research I did to get 8 winners yesterday.

Using the shotgun approach very rarely works, and listening to other “expert” tips rarely does either.

8 winners the day after the event. Well.done champ. Show us the proof. 

Disclaimer: I am a member of BGP, got the polo shirt, wear the hat etc. So I could be bias. Note I was not in the punter's club however. 

The punter's club that ran over the last two weekends, was labelled "the spirit lifter" - in these times of bugger all on, it was an opportunity for those that wanted to, to throw some coin in, grab a share and have some entertainment. 

The first week returned a good result, $139-$140 per ($100) share. 

The vast majority of the punter's club, wanted to "go again", the following week. I think from memory only 7-8 people pulled out after week 1. 

It was very clearly stated, prior to signing up, that the purpose of the punter's club was to have some fun, there were no guarantees of any returns and also the importance of current situation, that potential participants give thought to their current financial position. Luke and the gang should be commended on advising this.

Well done the lads for giving it a crack, and giving many people a bit of fun for a couple of weeks. 

9 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Disclaimer: I am a member of BGP, got the polo shirt, wear the hat etc. So I could be bias. Note I was not in the punter's club however. 

The punter's club that ran over the last two weekends, was labelled "the spirit lifter" - in these times of bugger all on, it was an opportunity for those that wanted to, to throw some coin in, grab a share and have some entertainment. 

The first week returned a good result, $139-$140 per ($100) share. 

The vast majority of the punter's club, wanted to "go again", the following week. I think from memory only 7-8 people pulled out after week 1. 

It was very clearly stated, prior to signing up, that the purpose of the punter's club was to have some fun, there were no guarantees of any returns and also the importance of current situation, that potential participants give thought to their current financial position. Luke and the gang should be commended on advising this.

Well done the lads for giving it a crack, and giving many people a bit of fun for a couple of weeks. 

I’m not going to criticise any of these bets POST race Rusty as that’s not my style.

One observation I’ve just made though which I think is a little concerning is Neil Davis tipping horses in Australia which has me scratching my head? If it was Matamata or Te Awamutu absolutely he’d be your man but Australia? I certainly wouldn’t be supporting a North Island NZ form analyst to make these decisions, especially when you’re betting 10’s of thousands of dollars on a race. 

That being said, I can see that one of the bets was placed based on Melbourne professional Jack Dickens advice which I would fully support. 

Someone needs to have a chat with Luke Kemeys about Neil Davis being in that position again. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Congrats on not being involved.  Perhaps the "old farts" have that bit of wisdom.

Spending I believe $110,000 just not the right thing to do at this point in time. And for "a bit of fun" nonsensical. Particularly not on NZ racing.

Bill Waterhouse the bookie that took on allcomers would have loved BGP. Expecting New Zealand form followers to somehow have the edge over Australian bookie prices borders on arrogance. I've seen the effort and commitment consistently winning punters put in. I once supplied harness data and video recordings to a group of Australian punters and it took them 6 months of study before they had their first bet. In that time they took several trips to NZ to establish contacts. Even blew me up for cutting off the start of races on the videos. This was before the videos were on the internet.

Not decrying the 16,000 membership but still waiting for something really positive.

Firstly, I wasn't involved as one of the selectors as such seeing it was Australian racing. I still went into the syndicate. There is no NZ racing at present and with people in lockdown it was decided to give people an interest and some entertainment. It was also pointed out prior to joining to be prudent and only do so if one could afford to do so.  

Perhaps if you did a bit of research on BGP you will clearly see plenty of positivity emanating from the group in a number of ways. :)

2 hours ago, slam dunk said:

So losing $100,000 in one hit when unemployment figures going through the roof "great achievement" 

You seem the type of person that just can't accept criticism when confronted.

In fairness to them they did point out to people to consider that we were going into very difficult times before they joined up. 

4 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Firstly, I wasn't involved as one of the selectors as such seeing it was Australian racing. I still went into the syndicate. There is no NZ racing at present and with people in lockdown it was decided to give people an interest and some entertainment. It was also pointed out prior to joining to be prudent and only do so if one could afford to do so.  

Perhaps if you did a bit of research on BGP you will clearly see plenty of positivity emanating from the group in a number of ways. :)

Love the BGP concept Ted but there’s nothing prudent about leaving Neil Davis in charge of punting 10’s of thousands of dollars of hard earned on Australian racing.

You might as well have placed the whole lot on a bonfire prior to race 1.

They seriously need to take a hard look at who they are trusting with punting the loot. 

47 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Two camps here....I’m taking sides...I’m with BGP all the way ...at least they’re having a go and adding some colour & value to the industry 

Disclosure, I’m not in BGP ( but I did join their FB page...then they wisely blocked me :) ) 

Of course they did short stuff. Minimum height 4’11” required. :rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Got you now......so you’re like the Trackside presenter who picks six horses in every race .....then gets his colleague to heartily congratulate him after the event because “you labeled that one...well done, you’re on fire”.......

Hardly my fault the comp wanted three picks is it short stuff....???:rolleyes:

Yes congrats. You picked them in numerical order so no proof 8 of which were picked as first pick. At least  BGP showed everyone who they were backing with facts. As P4P said your on fire. Start up a tipping line for Randwick exclusively and watch the masses flock.

Im on the fence, but one thing is for sure theres two parts to making money off the horses, the first and decididly easier part  of the equation is selection, but then comes the tricky part.. the spending of the hard earned ,and when theres 100 + k and alot of people involved this shit gets real:rcf-sad-6: 

6 minutes ago, Dockers said:

Yes congrats. You picked them in numerical order so no proof 8 of which were picked as first pick. At least  BGP showed everyone who they were backing with facts. As P4P said your on fire. Start up a tipping line for Randwick exclusively and watch the masses flock.

What fucking difference does it make ? If you bet systems there is almost always more than one selection involved.
Picking the winner is the important part....presumably something you know little about.

Now piss off and pester someone who cares.

8 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Im on the fence, but one thing is for sure theres two parts to making money off the horses, the first and decididly easier part  of the equation is selection, but then comes the tricky part.. the spending of the hard earned ,and when theres 100 + k and alot of people involved this shit gets real:rcf-sad-6: 

Very true Gruffy. I will add that this was tempered with a few selections at Caulfield which all went tits up.

Track bias, bad luck or rides, horses just not good enough....who knows ?  Small margins sometimes.....:rolleyes:

17 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Con te Partiro back to mares grade after the Doncaster was good value...she beat most of those two starts ago. When did Nettoyer ever win two in a row.....??

Yet you picked Nettoyer in the comp!?  (before the race was run)

You realise you're looking like a bigger benefit of hindsight genius than rdytdy, who I note was quick to disassociate himself from Saturday's BGP Punters Club performance - no "I" in team teddy!