RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man 11

Let's go you Old Farts ,get on with BGP.....

5 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Good on "Boys Get Paid" for creating a fair bit of interest.

15 decent sized bets yesterday, including multiple, multi-bets, that formula alone, would be hard to return a profit for the day.

They blew the lot. The day of punting resulted in $0.

But just like Jesus, they too, shall rise again. 

How did they manage that Rusty ?  There were some great bets yesterday...Indy Car, Splintex, Away Game, Through the Cracks, Colette, Addeybb...among them.....what were they backing....??

:rcf-thinking-1:

4 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

How did they manage that Rusty ?  There were some great bets yesterday...Indy Car, Splintex, Away Game, Through the Cracks, Colette, Addeybb...among them.....what were they backing....??

OM, luckily for you, I have plenty of time on my hands at the mo. Give me a few minutes and I will see what I can do and might post their bets on here... 

26 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Good on "Boys Get Paid" for creating a fair bit of interest.

15 decent sized bets yesterday, including multiple, multi-bets, that formula alone, would be hard to return a profit for the day.

They blew the lot. The day of punting resulted in $0.

But just like Jesus, they too, shall rise again. 

They had a crack Rusty and showed their cards PRIOR to the event. 

Full credit to them and I wish them all the success in the future. They’ve definitely created something special that’s for sure. Even the racing media over here are on board. It’s great to see.

18 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Unfortunately for them they had to put their bets on before the races were run :)

2 minutes ago, Rusty said:

20200412_143327.jpg

20200412_143336.jpg

I liked Azuro too after the Auckland Cup...certainly couldn’t see Etah James finishing in front of it. Schofield is riding like a dog at the moment, cost me big time on Winter Bride in the last.....:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Kloppite said:

Unfortunately for them they had to put their bets on before the races were run :)

A bit more form study might have changed the strategy K, that’s my point.

Dawn Passage was second up with no heavy track form, the stable was worried and rightly so.

James Mac declared Through the Cracks after a recent trial, Splintex had trialled very well behind Nature Strip and Redzel FFS....!!
Away Game and Colette were deserved favourites and both won easily and Addeybb was the best heavy track performer with the doubt over Danon Premium....no doubt the latter would have bolted in on a dry track, that last bit was just too much. Great run all the same.

Con te Partiro back to mares grade after the Doncaster was good value...she beat most of those two starts ago. When did Nettoyer ever win two in a row.....??

Love the concept, but a wet Royal Randwick is always a test, but hey they had a crack, good on them - I only bet in Aussie and Flemington is more consistent, if you don't get will willowed, but leave Caulfield at all cost the head wind and leaders bias is real trouble. 

Flemington HQ is the best option IMHO

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

I see the problem Rusty, they went all over the place instead of staying at Randwick....:rolleyes:

I'm sure those at the helm will appreciate it that you can see the problem OM.....and I see in an earlier post that  your picks would have been far more successful etc etc

Its kind of this attitude that motivates me and others to get involved with BGP who have brought a whole new dimension to racing and in particular enhanced the on-course experience.

And why the movement is doing more to interest the lost generation of younger folk back into racing ,than anything else I have seen for a long while.

Yesterday ,the kitty was lost  , it was Day 2 , for $105 per share I thought it good value.....Interest in two afternoons racing of the very best Group racing in Australia.

I for one , otherwise would not have had a bet other than the BGP interest.

Reading the smugness and negativity of your views ,maybe myself and other members should indeed just give up ,withdraw and put no more $$ thru the  NZTAB.

And BGP should disband and inform the growing membership.

NZ Racing will well and truly be finished then.

Your wishes will come true.

3 hours ago, rdytdy said:

I wasn't involved with this punter's club as I do very little Australian form and as such would bring little to the table.  However the boys that did created plenty of interest over two weeks of the Championships and I am sure that they will bounce back and would suggest plenty of people will be very keen to be involved in the next one.

For one group of about four eight years ago to now have over 16,000 members today with a lot of overseas interest says they are doing plenty right. One of the very few positive things happening in racing in recent years.  Go the lads.     

Congrats on not being involved.  Perhaps the "old farts" have that bit of wisdom.

Spending I believe $110,000 just not the right thing to do at this point in time. And for "a bit of fun" nonsensical. Particularly not on NZ racing.

Bill Waterhouse the bookie that took on allcomers would have loved BGP. Expecting New Zealand form followers to somehow have the edge over Australian bookie prices borders on arrogance. I've seen the effort and commitment consistently winning punters put in. I once supplied harness data and video recordings to a group of Australian punters and it took them 6 months of study before they had their first bet. In that time they took several trips to NZ to establish contacts. Even blew me up for cutting off the start of races on the videos. This was before the videos were on the internet.

Not decrying the 16,000 membership but still waiting for something really positive.

3 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Congrats on not being involved.  Perhaps the "old farts" have that bit of wisdom.

Spending I believe $110,000 just not the right thing to do at this point in time. And for "a bit of fun" nonsensical. Particularly not on NZ racing.

Bill Waterhouse the bookie that took on allcomers would have loved BGP. Expecting New Zealand form followers to somehow have the edge over Australian bookie prices borders on arrogance. I've seen the effort and commitment consistently winning punters put in. I once supplied harness data and video recordings to a group of Australian punters and it took them 6 months of study before they had their first bet. In that time they took several trips to NZ to establish contacts. Even blew me up for cutting off the start of races on the videos. This was before the videos were on the internet.

Not decrying the 16,000 membership but still waiting for something really positive.

FFS.....you really are a waste of space !

7 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

If ever one single post epitomised what is wrong with NZ racing, this is it.