RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man 11

Let's go you Old Farts ,get on with BGP.....

........only 30 minutes for you naysayers to join BGP for a bit of an Interest tomorrow.

Only $105 to get involved !

$105 k in the pot and growing.

Lets give the boys at the TAB something to do while they work from home !

And help save the Industry !

Get involved now !

1 hour ago, tasman man 11 said:

........only 30 minutes for you naysayers to join BGP for a bit of an Interest tomorrow.

Only $105 to get involved !

$105 k in the pot and growing.

Lets give the boys at the TAB something to do while they work from home !

And help save the Industry !

Get involved now !

What is BGP?

Extract from the Owners Bulletin March 2020

A WEEK LIKE NO OTHER.

BOYS GET PAID.

KARAKA MILLION NIGHT.

Luke Kemeys

“One of the things I’m most proud of is the positive coverage we helped generate on racing and the whole industry.”

And just like that, it’s all over. Months of build-up and planning to pull off the night of the year and it explodes past us faster than Probabeel.

How brilliant was she with $93,672 plonked on her! The scenes on the Ellerslie racecourse were something that I think won’t leave people’s minds for a long time.

After a horribly unlucky start to the punters’ club on runner-up Intrigue in race one, it was good to bounce back and finish the night up by 45 per cent – that’s $365,000 for a total outlay of $250,000. It wasn’t an easy night’s punting and some of the odds made it tough to figure out how to attack the races.

To be fair I don’t think people cared what the return was – they were just happy to be involved, so to have Probabeel seal a collect was just magic

One of the things I’m most proud of is the positive coverage we helped generate on racing and the whole industry. Even if it was just for one weekend, at least we changed the tune of the typical story that we often hear.

TV, radio, socials, newspaper, plus a magazine feature to come.

Some people said it felt like BGP was everywhere they looked over the weekend and I think you couldn’t help but buy into the infectious nature of everything we were doing. The praise has come from near and a far and to gain the respect of some of those within the industry who we heavily respect, is very rewarding.

A huge thank you to everyone that came out to our BGP event and joined the punters’ club. We ended up with 435 on-course and more than 1,300 in the punters’ club. A few years ago, it was just five mates getting into a taxi to go to Ellerslie. This year it felt like we were running an army!

We are going to have to put some time into thinking about how we raise the bar in 2021. I’m not entirely sure how just yet, but I guarantee we will.

It’s going to be a seriously big week of admin getting the punters’ club investors paid out, but it’s all part of it – finding solutions to problems we never knew existed.

The past week hasn’t only been about our big night out at Ellerslie. Something completely new to BGP was being co-owners of Savage, our LA Stud yearling colt by Savabeel to go through the Karaka ring on Tuesday 28 January. This was something none of us had ever experienced, so you can imagine the excitement in the build-up to sale day and our boy’s time in the ring itself – a whole different level to any raceday bet.

What a result! To see the two big syndicators Go Racing and Te Akau head-to-head in the bidding and end up with Savage being knocked down to Go Racing’s Albert Bosma for $270,000 – the whole experience was something I find difficult to put into words.

I hope you’ve all enjoyed everything that we put together for the Karaka Million – believe me it has been a lot of fun. You have to think that this raceday will keep going from strength to strength.

In the coming weeks there will be plenty more for us to dissect, but for now thank you for the support.

Gives us something to watch with jnterest, Best of luck :rcfe-like:  im curious to the track state at Randwick, just how wet is it? Bobbing must be a querie if its Heavy, not alot of exposed form if its a 1.25 + track? And most of the soft form is on 1.22.7 tracks? 

1 minute ago, CT"s said:

Very nice Rusty! Nice save! Congrats B)

Not my doing at all, and I wasn't even involved with their punters club this time unfortunately. 

I just wanted to share some of the bets they placed, to give people a bit of an added interest in the day, and maybe they may like to join in the next punters club they run. 

My sole interest today was with the young lads at BGP and after a couple of unlucky fourths.....wasn't Melody Belle very brave out a tad wide.....their all in bet in the last came through in great style.

Good fun lads ,interest on a couple of NZ horses and very well done on the profit.

Keep up the great work !

See the Boys had a healthy pool to play with yesterday over $110,000 and ended up with a zero balance . Love how they have engaged so many and yesterday probably gave a fair few young followers a taste of what us older punters have experienced one day the rooster the next the feather duster . I’m sure they will be back on mass though .

I wasn't involved with this punter's club as I do very little Australian form and as such would bring little to the table.  However the boys that did created plenty of interest over two weeks of the Championships and I am sure that they will bounce back and would suggest plenty of people will be very keen to be involved in the next one.

For one group of about four eight years ago to now have over 16,000 members today with a lot of overseas interest says they are doing plenty right. One of the very few positive things happening in racing in recent years.  Go the lads.     

Look Beecee made it look easy yesterday but hes been in the game a fair while, everyone puts their hand up from time to time even CT ( although so does Hayleys comet ) so tomorrows another day, im surprised the Boys dont bet into the Big Quaddies or do they? 

Good on "Boys Get Paid" for creating a fair bit of interest.

15 decent sized bets yesterday, including multiple, multi-bets, that formula alone, would be hard to return a profit for the day.

They blew the lot. The day of punting resulted in $0.

But just like Jesus, they too, shall rise again.