RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man 11

Thoughts to help NZ Racing....Please help !

7 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

Firstly some comparisons between Aussie Gallops and NZ Gallops.

Aussie had 28157 horses chasing stakes of A$729 mil.

NZ had 4812 horses chasing NZ$60 mil.

It dawned on me that a few dozen NZ horses are able to chase probably more than $60 mill in Aussie as well !

The other thing we need to keep in mind when suggesting the way forward in NZTR gallops is the relationship between the Codes in NZ and the way each code is rewarded under the now RITA umbrella.

I need to gather the facts but imagine the Gallops are treated the worst when distribution compared to turnover !

And remember many of the excess salaries we criticise on here are related to RITA or the TAB !

They had a $700k , 5 > $300k , 6 > 200 <300 , 118 > $100 <200  etc

NZTR had 1 x $200 and 12 > $100k.

Harness and doggies don't anaylise theirs but even though we think a few should go numbers don't seem excessive.

In fact NZTR received about $88mill revenue [mostly RITA ] and $80 mill went to stakes and clubs  and less than 10% other expense incl $4mil STAFF.

So kick the whole office out and you would have $4 mill....this hardly registers with RITA !

Wasn't the BONUS BET BLUNDER nearly that ????

RITA had wage bill of $60 mill.

Other things to remember is that the $6.7 mil  for RIU , $1.9 mil lab testing and JCA $1.4mill over $10mill total is paid from POKIES !

Integrity seen as major issue , in research a while back...triggered this response !

So gather the facts , as above ,before making suggestions !

Do you work for NZTR? 

My changes would be to close down all tracks except Invercargill, Christchurch Cambridge and Auckland. Each of the 3 codes reduce staff to the minimum required to administer racing. Rita closed with each code administrating their own area of responsibility. A joint commitee of 2 representatives from each code, chaired on  a 3 year rotating basis by a person from one of the codes, i.e. Each code would have a 3 year appointment of the chairman. This committee would deal with all issues involving activites affecting all of the codes and would control the involvement of the TAB. The TAB would be managed by this committee. Funding distribution from the TAB would also be managed by this committee

The RIA and the JCA would be shut down and each code would appoint a sufficient number of stipendiary stewards to police racing activities within their own juristiction. These  stipendiary stewards would be controlled by a chief stipendiary steward who would report to the chief executive of each of the codes

18 hours ago, Trump said:

What was Rob McAnulty’s involvement with ARC ?? Was he on the ARC Board at anytime?

Yes he was and contributor here on Racecafe but got hounded away. Pity i thought he had some constructive ideas.

Insider,

Auckland selling land obviously first priority was to maintain exec jobs. I find so many in racing may be good at one thing but fail to see the whole picture. Creating a racing city complex I would have thought deserved some investigation and still does.

Getting RITA and NZTR out of Wellington would be first step in a reorganisation.

8 hours ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

Read this earlier but didn't click to the date. I certainly got fooled. 

Yes same Aaron... 2 worst tracks in the South Island behind Waikouaiti

i