RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Griffin

What next

When are NZTR going to come out with some sort of announcement re the immediate future of Racing.
Are you planning for a return to racing once we drop back to a Level 3, or a you sitting on your hands waiting? 
Surely, we are advanced enough to keep Racing going on a Level 3, they are doing it in Hong Kong, Japan, Australia and parts of the USA.
Have you contacted Trainers to see how many they have kept in work and what rating band they are, so you can prep meetings to suit? Not everyone has tipped their horses out for a spell.
If we are not planning on continuing, our good horses and top-level jockeys can make plans to be racing in Aus, their racing will continue in some form. Even if they can’t use the big cities, they don’t have to have it at flash track now that they have no public. They have plenty of space to keep people apart, top-class provincial tracks, and public that want to bet on racing. Even their reduced stake money looks juicy.
Level 3 could be here in a number of weeks. Do we stay or do we go?
Please keep us informed of your plans, and please issue a statement so we do not have to listen to a bloody boring Blog.
Not everyone is going to die, and you can only keep people cooped up for so long.

If they couldn't manage NZ racing before Covid  what chance are they during and after Covid . I thought we couldn't get worse governance than the last bloke but this guy Saundry is feckin clueless .  Has shown no real leadership and has not promoted 1 idea to benefit NZ racing , sitting waiting for the Messara report to be the saviour . There should be daily updates on the NZTR site to update the participants and let them know what things they are looking to do to mitigate the present situation and give some information on how they are looking to manage racing going forward once racing resumes but NADA , 4 days since the last update . When we need really strong leadership we've got feckin BAMBI . Best decision i ever made deciding to retire from racing horses in NZ this time last year , and i'm still struggling not having a horse in my paddocks , but watching this clueless lot  keep directing the ship at the rocks just reinforces it . My hat comes off and my heart goes out to those people still invested in racing .

1 hour ago, Tauhei Notts said:

One page of A4 typing.

1.   These are our plans if Level Four is lifted on 20th April.

2.    These are our plans if Level Four continues after 20th April.

Put the industry participants in the picture.

They'll need Aus racing to be completely called off to do that. 

17 minutes ago, nomates said:

If they couldn't manage NZ racing before Covid  what chance are they during and after Covid . I thought we couldn't get worse governance than the last bloke but this guy Saundry is feckin clueless .  Has shown no real leadership and has not promoted 1 idea to benefit NZ racing , sitting waiting for the Messara report to be the saviour . There should be daily updates on the NZTR site to update the participants and let them know what things they are looking to do to mitigate the present situation and give some information on how they are looking to manage racing going forward once racing resumes but NADA , 4 days since the last update . When we need really strong leadership we've got feckin BAMBI . Best decision i ever made deciding to retire from racing horses in NZ this time last year , and i'm still struggling not having a horse in my paddocks , but watching this clueless lot  keep directing the ship at the rocks just reinforces it . My hat comes off and my heart goes out to those people still invested in racing .

Maybe it's a time for real racing people to step up as a group and direct the ship or demand some answers, not just the usual suspects either who can't see past their own front gate or realise the involvement and participation of all matters in this industry. 

I definitely agree!! Why not have a daily update on what ideas are being kicked around. Some of us live and breathe racing! At least if ideas are being kicked around it gives us hope. 

45 minutes ago, Huey said:

Maybe it's a time for real racing people to step up as a group and direct the ship or demand some answers, not just the usual suspects either who can't see past their own front gate or realise the involvement and participation of all matters in this industry. 

Huey , we have REAL racing people already in places of position to ask the hard questions and have some input into the future of NZ racing but they continually lack the spine to fight for the majority , the trainers assn for one , has got to be the weakest leadership group in sports . All i've heard from the president was him saying that he thought Cambridge should be kept open , who's interest was that in . Has not come out and said one word of encouragement to all the smaller and struggling trainers who were forced to pay to join the trainers assn . I stand to be corrected .The silence from all is deafening . Years of this crap has got us into the position we find NZ racing in .