RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
bus stop

Auckland GRC

Has Auckland ran its last meeting understand northern trainers have been ask by their northern board rep which track they perfer to be closed Auckland or Cambridge. Understand the powers to be wish to close Auckland and Keep Cambridge going. Understand the northern rep is endevouring to raise a case to keep Auckland racing.

Being a mainlander it doesnt really worry apart from the racing history of the Auckland club.But us mainlanders need to keep in mind they may be looking at triming back the number of tracks down here. But they need to keep in mind that apart from the 2 stand alone clubs up north the rest share their facilities with harness clubs and if they close where does that leave Greyhounds.

Itd be suicide if they closed cambridge and left Auckland the sole track in the northern region with the lease nearing its end. If they did close Auckland, whatd happen to all the circle dogs up north? I wonder if they would be allowed to do at cambridge what some places have in aus with two track circuits 

2 hours ago, bus stop said:

Has Auckland ran its last meeting understand northern trainers have been ask by their northern board rep which track they perfer to be closed Auckland or Cambridge. Understand the powers to be wish to close Auckland and Keep Cambridge going. Understand the northern rep is endevouring to raise a case to keep Auckland racing.

Being a mainlander it doesnt really worry apart from the racing history of the Auckland club.But us mainlanders need to keep in mind they may be looking at triming back the number of tracks down here. But they need to keep in mind that apart from the 2 stand alone clubs up north the rest share their facilities with harness clubs and if they close where does that leave Greyhounds.

If they close down 1, any be it in north or south the whole industry will crumble. So big decision going to be made in the coming weeks/month. My question is will the lp’s have a say ? I see in aus Horses have cut stake money for 10 big races in the coming weeks by 50%. With the tab and racing board in nz looking like they don’t have much money what will the greyhound industry do? Interesting times ahead but will we be heard...

Once again if the representative to the board is running around asking these question of a few why have the rest of us been kept in the dark. Every person concerned has to be kept up to date firstly so they can plan for the future and secondly to stop the impending doom cloud settling over the participants

The way I see it is if either track finishes that will be it for the North . Signals have been out for ages but both clubs either have pulled the blinkers down or are completely bereft of any idea's of how to right the ship that is starting to founder. The latter seems the most likely to me.

I feel sorry for the young trainers brave enough to give it a go

It comes as no surprise, and as i have stated previously, but under the current management structure in the North it was always going to happen. Maybe the Waikato Board needs to act quickly in order to eradicate itself of any resaemblance of what is the present Auckland club in order to have controlover their destiny instead of it just being a takeover and more of the same. :rcf-sad-12:

Ask yourselves these questions based on what is known:

1. Safety.
2. Trainer numbers.
3. Lease longevity. 
4. Maintenance and upkeep.
5. Financial viability.
6. Travel. CD & South Island Racing.

The decision to close a track won't be made by the GRNZ. My best guess is Auckland's days are numbered.

19 hours ago, I know said:

If they close down 1, any be it in north or south the whole industry will crumble. So big decision going to be made in the coming weeks/month. My question is will the lp’s have a say ? I see in aus Horses have cut stake money for 10 big races in the coming weeks by 50%. With the tab and racing board in nz looking like they don’t have much money what will the greyhound industry do? Interesting times ahead but will we be heard...

No. Lp's will have no say.

2 hours ago, Emotive said:

This will be a ministerial/high-level decision. A reaction to the TAB being in crisis.

I wouldn’t be so sure on that. Yes decision will be made by them, of what money is available to the racing board to pass on to the Nzgra then they will have the ultimate decision what way they go, in terms of club closing and money spent on stakes ,well that’s how I see it anyway 

6 minutes ago, I know said:

I wouldn’t be so sure on that. Yes decision will be made by them, of what money is available to the racing board to pass on to the Nzgra then they will have the ultimate decision what way they go, in terms of club closing and money spent on stakes ,well that’s how I see it anyway 

They have the power to shut down any track and in the case of any dispute override ie Auckland vs Waikato. You forget they have a preference for centralisation and will push for the tri-code set up in the Waikato. Frankly, I agree with them as that is where the trainer numbers are, south of the Bombays.

14 minutes ago, Emotive said:

They have the power to shut down any track and in the case of any dispute override ie Auckland vs Waikato. You forget they have a preference for centralisation and will push for the tri-code set up in the Waikato. Frankly, I agree with them as that is where the trainer numbers are, south of the Bombays.

I’m not disagreeing with you but from what I have been told a few months ago the tri code Cambridge facilities is all but gone as the other code did not want it to go ahead. Times are changing fast . So this may change again.My point is Nzgra are not with grassroots ,yes they have improved in recent times but are still not on point when it comes time for them to voice there opinions that effects the industry as a whole. 

22 minutes ago, I know said:

I’m not disagreeing with you but from what I have been told a few months ago the tri code Cambridge facilities is all but gone as the other code did not want it to go ahead. Times are changing fast . So this may change again.My point is Nzgra are not with grassroots ,yes they have improved in recent times but are still not on point when it comes time for them to voice there opinions that effects the industry as a whole. 

Sentiment is a fine thing I Know. Didn't work for Wairarapa, Taranaki, or Wellington. The whole industry was told to restructure or else, they didn't heed the warning, now, or else is here. The TAB is in trouble (understatement), the fat cats kept their very generous salaries, and wholesale cuts loom. If GOM is right about the Auckland behaviour, then buckle up for a bitch fight. When it comes it won't be a good look.

1 minute ago, Patiti said:

Harness Gallops or both.

The Messara report puts a lot of weight on the Greenfields as all but a done deal.

10 minutes ago, Emotive said:

Sentiment is a fine thing I Know. Didn't work for Wairarapa, Taranaki, or Wellington. The whole industry was told to restructure or else, they didn't heed the warning, now, or else is here. The TAB is in trouble (understatement), the fat cats kept their very generous salaries, and wholesale cuts loom. If GOM is right about the Auckland behaviour, then buckle up for a bitch fight. When it comes it won't be a good look.

Gallops..... . Yes well all no the tab is in trouble but it’s there own doing so that can’t have anyone else to blame bar themselves. Now they are in real trouble as shit has hit the fan and the nz product along with sport is amiss. But they were in trouble long before this some investigations are needed .... 

3 minutes ago, I know said:

Gallops..... . Yes well all no the tab is in trouble but it’s there own doing so that can’t have anyone else to blame bar themselves. Now they are in real trouble as shit has hit the fan and the nz product along with sport is amiss. But they were in trouble long before this some investigations are needed .... 

Hence the warning they previously received. The problem being the grassroots are now looking at being ploughed under.