RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jeepers

Verry Elleegant

What a grand mare she is just ran away with her Gr1 today.

I note she is from a Danroad mare one of which there are very few breeding in NZ.It seems there are only fourteen which are being bred from at present,with very few progeny having raced. From what I can see in the NZ stud book two have left stakes winners and two stakes placed.Of those progeny that have raced most have either won or placed yet there are many unnamed or unraced.

It seems Danroad mares may have slipped under the guard of breeders in NZ and most don't seem to have gone to the top stallions.

I hope my stats are correct as this is what doodling on the computer does to one when in lock down from the virus.

A nice bit of linebreeding.

'Giving the sire' his dam line is one of the 'guaranteed to work' ideas in breeding. You will note that Zed's third dam is Cotehele House,  and is also the third dam of Opulence, by Danroad. Cotehele House is out of the great Eight Carat, who has played a part in many famous winners of late. To add strength to the mating, we see two lines of Special, via Nureyev and Sadlers Wells.  That's enough to set the pedigree alight.

Whether Danroad contributes much, I'll leave others to judge

Nearco

Agree with your assessment Nearco. It is all about the potent females in her pedigree. Eight Carat seems be showing up now she is getting back in the pedigrees. Many believe it is the fourth line in the pedigree that is the key and that is the area she is showing up in now.

Also another great day for James Macdonald. He really knows how to pick his rides and turn up with the A game on these days.