RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Did H Bowman drop his hands

on Avilius in the Tancred. Sure looked like it to me about 70 metres out. Gets beaten a short half head for second after belatedly showing some vigor when challenged late by the eventual runner up. Stewards report will reveal all officially.

Im ok with result as enabled me to get the quinella so its not as if im moaning through my pocket

Greg.

11 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Out until April 24. They don’t muck about over there.

Race 1: T. Marquand(Purple Sector) careless riding shifting out (AR131(a)

.Race 9: T. Marquand(Mask Of Time) careless riding shifting out shortly after the start(AR131(a))

.Race 9: T. Marquand(Mask Of Time) careless riding shifting out near the 50m (AR131(a)).

Been getting lots of warnings has Tom .His time is just about up methinks

Greg

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Race 1: T. Marquand(Purple Sector) careless riding shifting out (AR131(a)

.Race 9: T. Marquand(Mask Of Time) careless riding shifting out shortly after the start(AR131(a))

.Race 9: T. Marquand(Mask Of Time) careless riding shifting out near the 50m (AR131(a)).

Been getting lots of warnings has Tom .His time is just about up methinks

Greg

Yeah but hes banging home some decent winners at 21 years of age in a new environment a long way from home and family , he almost got old Mask of Time home  , I'd say he's doing ok all things considered . The Aussies love him .

37 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Yeah but hes banging home some decent winners at 21 years of age in a new environment a long way from home and family , he almost got old Mask of Time home  , I'd say he's doing ok all things considered . The Aussies love him .

Nobody's saying he can't ride but he's had a few warnings of late and Stewards over there  only have so.much tolerance 

Remember how many time outs McEvoy got when he returned from UK as he adjusted to Sydney racing

Greg 

1 minute ago, JJ Flash said:

Nobody's saying he can't ride but he's had a few warnings of late and Stewards over there  only have so.much tolerance 

Remember how many time outs McEvoy got when he returned from UK as he adjusted to Sydney racing

Greg 

Fair point that's a lot of warnings but shit he's banging them home .

3 minutes ago, Gruff said:

What about Clippertons ride on House of Cartier. My God

Surprised John Allen didn’t get pulled in for that ride on Grand Promenade. $2 fave pulled back at the start, then sat three wide the whole race, gave it no hope, and no pressure in the straight to run into 4th. Did have top weight but that looked like a “something else in mind” run.

13 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Surprised John Allen didn’t get pulled in for that ride on Grand Promenade. $2 fave pulled back at the start, then sat three wide the whole race, gave it no hope, and no pressure in the straight to run into 4th. Did have top weight but that looked like a “something else in mind” run.

They did go 2.30 in that, in saying that the quicker sections probably from the 800, start before he moved forward earlier at Caulfield in a 2.35 2400m, hadnt run time bar a 1.43 1700m a few back so maybe John thought the leaders would come back to him, but he must of known Budd Fox could stay all day and rated his Caulfield winning time over 3000m at Sandown previous. Jurys out :rcf-rich-1:

13 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

One of the many good buys for Gerry Ryan by John Foote (Fifty Stars etc). I didn’t think the ride was that bad really. He wasn’t presented with any opportunity to “get in” at any stage of the race, so JA did what a good jockey would do and gave his mount a uninterrupted run - as they do a lot in the UK. This horse probably won’t race now until the early Spring and based on its first prep, he’s one to keep an eye on, especially with John Foote being in the horse. 

11 hours ago, TurnyTom said:

60 kg and 3 or 4 wide the whole trip, total Slaughter - in Sydney he would have got 3 months as it was odds on. You can get away with it in Vic but not NSW. Clearly the horse was given a short one

Clearly you are talking thru your pocket. What would they gain? The horse is obviously near or at the end of its first prep so what would be the point of keeping it in work to “give it a short one”?  Absolute nonsense. Have a few looks at the replay. Obvious that Allan was expecting the field to “open up” - which it didn’t. So he gave the horse a clear run. Why would they go around just to give it a short one? That’s just a slur on the good reputation of those involved. 

41 minutes ago, Trump said:

Clearly you are talking thru your pocket. What would they gain? The horse is obviously near or at the end of its first prep so what would be the point of keeping it in work to “give it a short one”?  Absolute nonsense. Have a few looks at the replay. Obvious that Allan was expecting the field to “open up” - which it didn’t. So he gave the horse a clear run. Why would they go around just to give it a short one? That’s just a slur on the good reputation of those involved. 

It was a bloody awful ride, as noted on Racenet. Might as well have stayed home, never given a chance in that race. JA would have been aware of lighter weighted horses, like the winner, who could stay, so should have ridden the favourite accordingly. The way he finished off, way too late, did not suggest he was “at the end of his prep” either....as I said, I’m surprised stewards did not ask questions given it was a 2-1 shot.

DUD OF THE DAY – ADELAIDE ACE

Honourable mentions to the riders of both So Si Bon and Grand Promenade, supporters of these two deserved much better. 

1 minute ago, Ohokaman said:

It was a bloody awful ride, as noted on Racenet. Might as well have stayed home, never given a chance in that race. JA would have been aware of lighter weighted horses, like the winner, who could stay, so should have ridden the favourite accordingly. The way he finished off, way too late, did not suggest he was “at the end of his prep” either....as I said, I’m surprised stewards did not ask questions given it was a 2-1 shot.

By end of prep I was suggesting it was probably his last run before a spell. They don’t tend to over race them and it was the horses first campaign, so I’m picking he will be going for a spell. They don’t tend to send them out when they are knackered.

In the latest episode of HB's suspension we now hear this. Earlier press reports i read said he pleased guilty but that was obviously incorrect.

I think this is a great piss take - he got off light IMHO and offshore agree with me. Some even suggesting that the appeal process in Oz should be amended to the point where if you appeal and lose your original penalty is doubled. It would certainly stop frivolous one like this.

"

Champion rider Hugh Bowman is set to lodge an appeal on Monday after being suspended over his handling of Avilius in the Group I Tancred Stakes at Rosehill on Saturday.

Bowman was found guilty of a charge under AR131(b) of having failed to ride his mount Avilius out approaching the end of the race.

Stewards deemed that Bowman stopped riding before recommencing when challenged by Mustajeer in the concluding stages.

Bowman pleaded not guilty to the charge but stewards saw it differently meaning Bowman will miss day two of The Championships and All-Aged Stakes day.

Racenet understands Bowman intends to fight the charge to keep his Sydney Autumn Carnival hopes alive after this weekend's Doncaster Mile.

Greg

On 3/29/2020 at 12:20 PM, Red Rum said:

Fair point that's a lot of warnings but shit he's banging them home .

Just found this in RNSW website

" T. Marquand'slicence to ride in races was suspended for a period to commence on Friday 3 April 2020 at the expiration of a suspension incurred at Newcastle on Thursday 19 March 2020 and to expire on Saturday 11 April 2020 on which day he may ride "

Must have been very lucky not to have added to these 2 suspensions last Saturday with 2 warnings in one race.

Greg

On 3/28/2020 at 6:16 PM, JJ Flash said:

on Avilius in the Tancred. Sure looked like it to me about 70 metres out. Gets beaten a short half head for second after belatedly showing some vigor when challenged late by the eventual runner up. Stewards report will reveal all officially.

Im ok with result as enabled me to get the quinella so its not as if im moaning through my pocket

Greg.

Ive watched this a few times and Avilus had peaked 50m from the finish, Bowman didnt help his cause but to say cert beat 2nd is debatable, the fact the second rider never gave up right to the line certainly didnt help. 50/50 call

51 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Ive watched this a few times and Avilus had peaked 50m from the finish, Bowman didnt help his cause but to say cert beat 2nd is debatable, the fact the second rider never gave up right to the line certainly didnt help. 50/50 call

Let's see what happens at hearing. I'm in the guilty as charged  camp.

Greg

On 3/29/2020 at 6:22 PM, Gruff said:

What about Clippertons ride on House of Cartier. My God

Presumably sacked. Been replaced by the affable R King in the Chairman's this Saturday.Given the run it didn't get last week it couldn't back up could it?

Greg