RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Houlahan's Dream

Mulit issues

2 minutes ago, mike28 said:

the selections that come in 1.45,2.50,1.55 each selection is worth 0.66 cents. so your return would have been 0.66x 1.45x2.50x 1.55= $3.70 your return

thats wrong

Because you went for "Any 2" it would be calculated as follows:

$1.45 x $2.50  x $0.66 = $2.39 collect

$1.45 X $1.55 x $0.66= $1.48 collect

$2.50 x $1.55 x $0.66 = $2.55 collect

Total collect is $6.42 (give or take a couple of cents depending on roundings up and down etc).

If there were any late scratchings in any of the races that you got a collect, then deductions would make your collect even less.

FYI, if you'd only picked 5 selections and spent the $10 you would have got $1 units, picking 6 selections you would have had to spend $15 to get $1 units

13 hours ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Total collect is $6.42 (give or take a couple of cents depending on roundings up and down etc).

If there were any late scratchings in any of the races that you got a collect, then deductions would make your collect even less.

FYI, if you'd only picked 5 selections and spent the $10 you would have got $1 units, picking 6 selections you would have had to spend $15 to get $1 units

Not quite right, ALL multi bets will force you to pay for another combination of all 6 runners giving 16 bets in total,diluting the payout even more  if you miss on any selection but boosting it if you get them all home.It is a relatively new rule imposed on punters that you can only avoid by doing each combo individually.

11 minutes ago, Nukkledragga said:

Not quite right, ALL multi bets will force you to pay for another combination of all 6 runners giving 16 bets in total,diluting the payout even more  if you miss on any selection but boosting it if you get them all home.It is a relatively new rule imposed on punters that you can only avoid by doing each combo individually.

Sorry dont agree with you totally. Under the old system yes it forced you to take "All 6" (even if you dont want it), but under the under system you cant take just the Any 2 (without the All 6). 

BUT, if you're on course it still forces you into an All 6 selection so go figure i.e., it somehow uses a different system from off course to on course.!!!

Every single Saturday (off course) I usually take a roughie in each race at the North/Central gallops meeting and take them as Any 2  but got caught out when I tried to do it on course about 6 weeks ago because it said "Dividend too large" as it added in an ALL selection which didnt have a hope in hell of all of them coming in

ok fair enough. But even so if I had had 5 selections and 3 of them came in, and its a dollar rather than 66%....then surely I just get my money back? What's the point of a multi then? If i had 5 $2 fixed odds bets (no multi) then I spend $10 and leaving in my three winners I would get 2.9 + 5 + 3.1  = $11 return. Yes, only 10% back but better that than a 36% loss.

It's my fault of course, and small change etc. But if they are trying to encourage me to bet with them and not Bet365/Ladbrokes etc...they are doing a shit job! 

BTW-  should we all be emptying our accounts with NZ TAB? Are they goneburgers? 

18 hours ago, Ponderosa8 said:

4 hours ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Sorry dont agree with you totally. Under the old system yes it forced you to take "All 6" (even if you dont want it), but under the under system you cant take just the Any 2 (without the All 6). 

BUT, if you're on course it still forces you into an All 6 selection so go figure i.e., it somehow uses a different system from off course to on course.!!!

Every single Saturday (off course) I usually take a roughie in each race at the North/Central gallops meeting and take them as Any 2  but got caught out when I tried to do it on course about 6 weeks ago because it said "Dividend too large" as it added in an ALL selection which didnt have a hope in hell of all of them coming in

Reminder to self... read properly and check before sending.

Earlier said:   "but under the under system you cant take just the Any 2"

Supposed to have said:  "but under the new system you can take just the ANY 2

38 minutes ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

ok fair enough. But even so if I had had 5 selections and 3 of them came in, and its a dollar rather than 66%....then surely I just get my money back? What's the point of a multi then? If i had 5 $2 fixed odds bets (no multi) then I spend $10 and leaving in my three winners I would get 2.9 + 5 + 3.1  = $11 return. Yes, only 10% back but better that than a 36% loss.

Dont disagree with you. 

Another way to look at it, say you had $2 fixed odds on each of your 6 horses and they all came in you would have collected $24.65 for the $12 spend..

Taking the same 6 in a Multi with Any 2 (for $1 units), and if they all came in you would have collected $57.60 for the $15 spend.

38 minutes ago, Houlahan's Dream said: