RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
meomy

Golden Opportunity

With the current WHO ordered guidelines to lockdown New Zealand we have the golden opportunity to promote & keep up the interest of the Racing industry through the likes of Radio Trackside with archives full of great history of our Racing contributors across the years.

Why is Radio Trackside not playing these stories?

Come on folks, this is a Golden Opportunity to encourage and revive an interest in racing as people reflect on the goodness we have had in society.

Trackside TV must also take up these Golden Opportunities.

How hard is it for those with IT skills and knowledge of how to source these archives to get the ball rolling?

We all have the basic lawful rights to Quiet Enjoyment of life and that includes ensuring the BETTERMENT of all today and in future.

It's times like this to dig out all those good stories the likes of Phil Leishman and other great Racing people before and after him recorded for us. and share them among the wider community which includes those who are looking for something to partake in and listen to as there's only so many Updates & Spin about Covid19 people can tolerate and will take notice of.

Trackside should also allow the return of the public voice and opinion on radio by encouraging a talkback session or two - they would hear from people other than the usual ones as their are those at home who may not have previously had time to partake.

Meanwhile the world keeps ticking on.

It's the Racing Industries Golden Kiwi 0pportunity to keep up and revive all the people of New Zealand's interest in racing.

In the not to distant future when this disruption is been put behind us people will be looking to have their normality back in life and hopefully a new appreciation of what has always been there to enjoy in the great outdoors

With the Andrew Borrowdale Judicial Review ruled in part that Level 4 Lockdown was unlawful during this era of our post, it's timely we got our Radio, TV & publications & other mediums back in the spotlight, bearing in mind they should never have been disrupted in the first place.

18 hours ago, meomy said:

With the Andrew Borrowdale Judicial Review ruled in part that Level 4 Lockdown was unlawful during this era of our post, it's timely we got our Radio, TV & publications & other mediums back in the spotlight, bearing in mind they should never have been disrupted in the first place.

Don't think anyone cares if the Lockdown was legal for 9 days or not. Of no relevance.

There is a rumour Magic Radio i.e Media Works in turn some US capital outfit will introduce Magic Sport/Racing.  Apparently Des Coppins has been seconded for the Racing side. N.B. Rumour Only.

12 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Don't think anyone cares if the Lockdown was legal for 9 days or not. Of no relevance.

There is a rumour Magic Radio i.e Media Works in turn some US capital outfit will introduce Magic Sport/Racing.  Apparently Des Coppins has been seconded for the Racing side. N.B. Rumour Only.

We can but hope that this has some legs . I'll even put up with listening to DC again .

2 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Gee cant wait to get my radio back on to get a diet of greyhound racing from oz,the excitements killing me aye

2 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Being serious there is room for something,in times gone by racing has been broadcast with the tab contributing  not a lot if anything,it all comes down to get the right balances I spose between sport and racing,do we need the tab to handle broadcasting on radio?

21 hours ago, slam dunk said:

that's your opinion, and then there's all the decisions that were made in good faith as a result by others who were lead to believe 30,000 people were going to die in our streets & our hospitals were going to be overwhelmed,  that have been made as a direct result of the Unlawful decision & misleading the public who had a right throughout that time to be "Living their lives" as normal people do.

Remember where Health Minister David Clark was?

He was moving house & going to the beach just like normal healthy people do in summer in New Zealand...Racing should have continued on throughout with common sense measures that are relevant to our environment not that of China, Italy or Israel which our PM & her advisors compared us with & have spurted in the media. 

Now let's get rid of the senselessness in our society that's been brought on by those who "scaremonger" just like they did with HIV/ Aids 30 plus years ago & Mad Cow disease 20 yrs ago bc they frightened the cows who were simply protecting their calves & had been provoked.