RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Tony

Is this happening in Petone

On 3/28/2020 at 4:26 PM, Nukkledragga said:

They are deserving of bonuses for maintaining their productivity in such trying times.

How brutally correct. Anyone or group that can maintain their own income or salary in these devastating times deserves substantial bonus. They are obviously geniuses.

1 hour ago, Nerula said:

Even before the CV the situation here is worse than imagined. TAB now has no money to the Codes and some of the codes execs are now working for no pay. It would be unkind to bag them. Trust me.

Certainly not bagging any exec working for no pay or substantially reduced. Thats the whole crux. Any exec doing no work and getting paid is a criminal.

Slammy the CRUX is that there will be NO Money coming from the TAB . It is BROKE and will need a massive bailout. that will see it go into administration.

Lets keep the discussion sensible and not points score. Please be aware there will people and horses welfare and ability to have a decent life.seriously under stress. Trust me I know!

1 hour ago, Nerula said:

Slammy the CRUX is that there will be NO Money coming from the TAB . It is BROKE and will need a massive bailout. that will see it go into administration.

Lets keep the discussion sensible and not points score. Please be aware there will people and horses welfare and ability to have a decent life.seriously under stress. Trust me I know!

I can't see what you are getting at other than some point score.

My message is straight forward. Any exec or whatever that was creaming massive undeserved salaries should not now be adding to the burden.

Had they  performed in line with their salary TAB would actually have SOME money.

4 hours ago, Nerula said:

Even before the CV the situation here is worse than imagined. TAB now has no money to the Codes and some of the codes execs are now working for no pay. It would be unkind to bag them. Trust me.

I don’t trust you, not one little bit. 
Prove it. 

2 hours ago, Nerula said:

If it’s broke, when did they know about it and what did they do about it - apart from SFA ?

1 hour ago, Trump said:

If it’s broke, when did they know about it and what did they do about it - apart from SFA ?

Looking back....as recent as the 'talk' John Allen gave at Ellerslie May 2019 I believe then he must have known they were close to 'broke' or 'trading while insolvent'.

He gave a few hopeful COULDS ,SHOULDs and MAYBES about more revenue from Racefields ,International fees and Abolition of Gambling Duty etc.

But revenue was down plus they had lost a few elite punters and costs only down a slice of cheese.

All his hopes seemed on RITA and Messara report.....looking back he was very hopeful about new REFORMS.

But the numbers were bad.

Revenue down and dropping ,equity gone from $70mil to $23 mil in past 2 years and distributions paid to Codes were more than the profit.

In addition in past year the credit line from bank had been drawn down an extra $25mil taking it to $35 mil.

So he must have known that even if he hit every jackpot , realistically possible , that Bank loan had to be paid back by 2021.

He must have known he was 'Trading while Insolvent' or very close to it.

Funny that several of these guys are now associated or have been associated with both NZ Racing Board  AND ATC financial disaster......and they continue to be !

I don't feel sorry for them....as Sandry said "NZ racing people very resilient ".....he meant to say mugs !

12 hours ago, Nerula said:

Nerula, I may have misread you earlier. You say that some of the codes execs are now working for no pay.
I originally took that to read that it was some of the execs of the TAB (RITA)! My apologies. 
So going back to exactly what you say. Is it some of the execs of NZTR, Harness NZ or Greyhounds NZ?
Correct me if I am wrong, but they are the codes. (I think)
So if it is NZTR, please tell us who it is, as I certainly wouldn’t bag them. 

Can we expect Bernard's next update to include "we are reducing salaries of all NZTR employee's who's names appear in the front of the Monthly Racing Program including RIU, Investigators etc by 50%. I doubt that there will be any reducing of Salaries. As Winston quoted me, "NZTR are the peak" There is nobody above them. Nobody can tell them to reduce salaries or do anything. This would have to come from with in and this will not happen. Our only chance is the TAB is declared Bankrupt and we start a whole new organisation. Otherwise there will be no change. Just more pain.

4 hours ago, Insider said:

Nerula, I may have misread you earlier. You say that some of the codes execs are now working for no pay.
I originally took that to read that it was some of the execs of the TAB (RITA)! My apologies. 
So going back to exactly what you say. Is it some of the execs of NZTR, Harness NZ or Greyhounds NZ?
Correct me if I am wrong, but they are the codes. (I think)
So if it is NZTR, please tell us who it is, as I certainly wouldn’t bag them. 

Yes I meant Codes not Sector groups. I dont want to repeat what I have been told and name the people. It is their business not mine - or ours. 

What I wanted to do was to do had a reason and it is not about me.

I respect Leigh for the effort, integrity and money he has put into Cafe. Because of my position in a sector group (unpaid like Leigh) I know things sometimes before others. In part I wanted to stop tyre kickers and titillators running around and pissing like Hairy McClary's dogs on the site.

But in the main I wanted to talk past them to people who have 'skin in the game' (Pretty sure you do) to apprise them of the dire situation.

I have shares in some young horses. Three are hundreds of kilometres away. I am told they are now in a paddock. As an owner I am paying our bills but in a partnership there is no way of knowing if others will do the same. Will there be enough money to sustain the carer of the horses in the property. and enough income to feed and care for the animals.

The good times have stopped, there is no trickle down. Lets hope Owners, the bill payers can hang in for the welfare of horse and the carer. 

As regards your question - I'm sure you can join the dots.

28 minutes ago, Nerula said:

The good times have stopped, there is no trickle down. Lets hope Owners, the bill payers can hang in for the welfare of horse and the carer. 

When we're the good times ? It's always been a massive struggle in NZ kept alive by the commitment and love of the game of many.

3 hours ago, Nerula said:

Yes I meant Codes not Sector groups. I dont want to repeat what I have been told and name the people. It is their business not mine - or ours. 

etc etc

Nerula you are using John Allen or Dean Mckenzie method of answering a question. i.e. bring up a lot of unrelated stuff and confuse the questionaire.

Could I put your mind at ease about the horses. Every syndicate has a manager and its his responsibility to organize the habitat. There are teenage girls up and down the country who seem to organize grazing OK for their pony or hack on next to zero budget.  Farmers everywhere willing to help out. It just a question of finding them. Grazing is far cheaper than training so should not be a burden.

Not quite right describing website owners as unpaid after all people like Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, Larry Page didn't start up with the intention of being "unpaid" even though going long periods in the red.

I take it you have some financial information on the industry but if you look at tasman11 posting I presume it can't be all that different.

Slammy in any large discussion group there may be outliers, contrarians or alternative planet dwellers and half cockers. I have you in the last group

I tried to point out the train in the tunnel,

Can I ask you. Do you have a ownership interest. Do you work in the industry? If not, that would reflect your value in this discussion.

1 hour ago, Nerula said:

Slammy in any large discussion group there may be outliers, contrarians or alternative planet dwellers and half cockers. I have you in the last group

I tried to point out the train in the tunnel,

Can I ask you. Do you have a ownership interest. Do you work in the industry? If not, that would reflect your value in this discussion.

If you want to get personal start by outlining your involvement.