RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tripple alliance

Any Owner Compo ?

6 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Will owners be eligible for compensation for having to turn their horses out ? , it is a direct result of the virus and MPI decisions . The one I  have a share in was 2/3rds ready , money down the drain , not our fault 

Of course - if you can prove what stakemoney you would've won in the next 12 weeks less expenses we will pay you 80% of it..........

oh wait - you owe us $4,759

16 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Will owners be eligible for compensation for having to turn their horses out ? , it is a direct result of the virus and MPI decisions . The one I  have a share in was 2/3rds ready , money down the drain , not our 

To be fair TA some families will be losing a lot more than some training fees down gurgler ,that happens every day a horse goes wrong in morning  . We all going to get various hits and stresses , It cannot all be covered , it's a shit of a tough world .

Hang on a minute  , we are in the land of welfare , only the remaining tax payers pay .

Anyone who has been working 20 hours or more is a full time worker and qualifies for a bulk pay out of $7020 . Now the catch , that payment is supposed to sustain people for 12 weeks , most will be back in 6 weeks needing more , if they are prepared to throw money around like this , why not owners who have been shafted by the virus .

2 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Hang on a minute  , we are in the land of welfare , only the remaining tax payers pay .

Anyone who has been working 20 hours or more is a full time worker and qualifies for a bulk pay out of $7020 . Now the catch , that payment is supposed to sustain people for 12 weeks , most will be back in 6 weeks needing more , if they are prepared to throw money around like this , why not owners who have been shafted by the virus .

Look at it like this , something like junior football or rugby . A load of people have paid in subs for kids already . There may  not be footy or netball left for kids this season , some people will be really struggling so I understand if they try to get money back , the season hasn't even kicked off . Those that can somehow kiss goodbye to that money maybe they should because if everyone gets their money back junior sport is done and dusted .Should racehorse owners be compensated ahead of kids sport ? Sports clubs here are going to feel the pain .

I watched back page on Sky the other day , one switched on contributor basically said maybe sport at all levels are looking at Semi Pro in OZ from now on , the 300k plus a year rugby player is no more , everyone is taking a hit some more than others , maybe we start to value real people rather than bloated waged sportstars , get back to basics .

Hasn't been a quiet retirement for the Lyndsay's, With the 3 stallion deaths a huge racing team suddenly stopped in their tracks both in NZ and Aus and I now I see Sistema workers in revolt presuming Lyndsay's still having involvement there. Probabeel at least a bright spot.

18 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Hasn't been a quiet retirement for the Lyndsay's, With the 3 stallion deaths a huge racing team suddenly stopped in their tracks both in NZ and Aus and I now I see Sistema workers in revolt presuming Lyndsay's still having involvement there. Probabeel at least a bright spot.

Sistema sold to Sharpie owner US Newell Brands for $660 million. 05:00, Dec 13 2016.

Probably won't be worrying about owner compo .

Typical , they are out of their depth once again and has anyone tried to buy a few groceries today , ques 2/300 mtrs long , not any use to us oldies and buying online is impossible unless you order 3 weeks ahead .

A $12.1 billion COVID-19 economic support package was announced by the Government earlier this month, and part of it was the wage subsidy scheme that had a $150,000 cap per business. 

At the time, the Government estimated the scheme to cost $5.1 billion , Treasury is now estimating the scheme to cost between $8 billion and $12 billion  .

Easy come easy go , I might ask if they would like to pay my lost training fees , you never know , comrade cindy loves giving money away but none of the C O L  have any idea how to make money .

21 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Typical , they are out of their depth once again and has anyone tried to buy a few groceries today , ques 2/300 mtrs long , not any use to us oldies and buying online is impossible unless you order 3 weeks ahead .

A $12.1 billion COVID-19 economic support package was announced by the Government earlier this month, and part of it was the wage subsidy scheme that had a $150,000 cap per business. 

At the time, the Government estimated the scheme to cost $5.1 billion , Treasury is now estimating the scheme to cost between $8 billion and $12 billion  .

Easy come easy go , I might ask if they would like to pay my lost training fees , you never know , comrade cindy loves giving money away but none of the C O L  have any idea how to make money .

Mad Butcher CEO not very happy....told they could open and on the strength of that bought $3m worth of meat to satisfy demand.

They change the rules overnight and butchers closed down. Shit load of meat down the swanny due to this cock up.....

44 minutes ago, Stables said:

The rules did not change overnight, the list of essential suppliers never included butchers

The list was very confusing and that's what has caused the problem , not thought out before this lockdown started , businesses having to apply after the introduction of the shutdown , much confusion . The supermarkets are doing well , supermarket meat  , alcohol , veges etc sales are booming , no opposition . Is the mad butcher meat any different to supermarket meat ? , it's food , an essential in life . The supermarkets online service is proof of their monopoly , many of the preferred brands have quickly been removed from the list of what's available , you have to line up to get the preferred brands , it's payday for supermarkets .

4 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

Will owners be eligible for compensation for having to turn their horses out ? , it is a direct result of the virus and MPI decisions . The one I  have a share in was 2/3rds ready , money down the drain , not our fault 

I'm   presuming this is a wind up?

Stay off the tipple tripple before you post you :rcfe-clown:

1 hour ago, Stables said:

The rules did not change overnight, the list of essential suppliers never included butchers

Somebody stuffed up...

The company had bought about $3 million worth of meat to meet the heavy demand which could not be donated, or frozen, as staff could not re-enter the stores, he said.

"Based on the fact that we got told we were essential services, everybody was panic-buying up until that time and we panic-bought as well from our supplier. Our sales were up 60 per cent week-on-week, so we panic-bought as well because we had to keep serving all these customers.

"We bought all of this product and then they changed the regulations after we closed [on Wednesday], so we didn't even get an opportunity to try and sell that product."

Morton said he was "pretty emotional" about the situation.

"First and foremost we took it incredibly seriously, about our staff safety, customer safety, we had screen guards made that were all ready to be installed, we had stickers on the floor telling everyone to stay two metres apart, hand sanitiser, masks, gloves - we had everything all set to go."

Restaurants and cafes take about 20 to 25 per cent of meat sold in New Zealand, he said, while butchery shops take another 20 per cent.

"That means the two supermarket chains have to produce basically another 45 per cent more meat than what they currently sell to be able to meat the demand if everyone still eats the same amount of meat."

He questioned the number of supermarkets and other stores that were open such as dairies, some of which were close to each other.

"Countdown's Australian-owned, yes they employ a lot of New Zealanders but you've got New Zealand-owned small businesses that will go to the wall over this yet Australian companies are going to profiteer massively.

"I am incredibly frustrated because people saying we were just trying to profiteer and so forth, it was incredibly hard to talk to your staff ... you're asking people you employ to come to work, but the whole head office staff had been out in stores working all week as well.

"I feel gutted by it, and I understand there's been hundreds and hundreds of businesses that are going to be affected, but I feel that it was completely underhand in that they changed the rules after we had closed [on Wednesday]."

Supermarkets did not cater for the lower socio-economic customers, he said.

"Pork bones, hangi pork, lamb flaps, a lot of their staples that they need a lot of, supermarkets might have some but nowhere near the volume that these people eat - the demand is huge."

On Wednesday night, before the lockdown, the Mad Butcher Glenn Innes outlet was broken into and six people making three trips to steal meat, he said.

Stuff

•